View Poll Results: I-Drive Steak
Outback 86 20.67%
Longhorn 330 79.33%
Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Oct 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

Longhorns for us! Also love their shrimp appetizer Didn't like I-drive for either restaurant. Prefer those on the 192.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Outback for us, and especially with the new soup who's name eludes me. Wish it was Longhorns because they are really close to Villa.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Resurrected thread but I’ve had another 2 years to think about it and my view hasn’t changed much.

A good Longhorn will usually best Outback.

But it’s very restaurant dependent and I have been to many a good Outback and many a poor to middling Longhorn, where Outback beats Longhorn.

The best Longhorn I ever went to, this visit was some years ago though, was the one next to Olive Garden in front of Supertarget on 192.

Since then I have been to so many average Longhorns in various states, it has sort of put me off seeking them out as I once did.

On the contrary I have had some excellent Outbacks recently, notably last year at Seminole and year before in St Augustine which I mentioned last time.

Edited at 08:05 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I would take either right now!
Old 21 Aug 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I voted on here years ago for Longhorn but having read recent food reports it seems that they aren't performing so well lately.

Our visit last May was certainly not up to the standards set by our first visit back in 2003 in Longboat Key and repeated for the most part for the past 19 years.

Won't cross it off yet though on the basis of one less than perfect experience.

Mick
Old 21 Aug 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I voted on here years ago for Longhorn but having read recent food reports it seems that they aren't performing so well lately.

Our visit last May was certainly not up to the standards set by our first visit back in 2003 in Longboat Key and repeated for the most part for the past 19 years.

Won't cross it off yet though on the basis of one less than perfect experience.

Mick
I need to convince Caj we need to go back and try it although from memory she has never eaten there but my son and I ate in and had a take out once.

For personal and sentimental reasons I hope they bounce back in your opinion.
Old 21 Aug 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I need to convince Caj we need to go back and try it although from memory she has never eaten there but my son and I ate in and had a take out once.

For personal and sentimental reasons I hope they bounce back in your opinion.
Maybe we'll even give Outback another chance? We've given them about 4 or 5 second chances to see if the servers and chefs understand "can we have the steaks and fries unseasoned please?" but to no avail.

Other places in the frame now though like Cheddars and Ovation. Logans is fine but a fair trek, Mannys as ever but Texas a bit rowdy for us now.

Mick
Old 21 Aug 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Outback for ribs, Longhorn for steak.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
c9901271
Getting to know the DIBB

Outback better for my wife who is coeliac!
c9901271 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 23, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Went to both when we were there in September ,preferred Longhorns.