Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jul 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 24- A day of rest, A Dibb meet and doughnuts!

Once again - welcome back

A quick turn around and a quick posting of our remaining days of 2018. You will get to read the end very soon

As always , I appreciate all of your comments posted on trip report days and those by PM too - it is your comments that keep me going

If you missed our previous day at MNSSHP - DAY 23 is here

The whole trip index is here too , just in case you missed it

There is also an index of all that has been written before and an opportunity to see two little people are no longer little

All of our trip reports can be read here

Welcome to Day 24

Saturday 18th August 2018

With Premier League football on the TV and a very late night it was good to enjoy a lie in, before another Dibb meet.

We regularly meet elmspenguin at the football at home (we even met him at our last Orlando City match) but had not met his wife and daughter.

That was something we had promised to put right all the way through the football season and as always, it takes a trip to Florida to get it done!

We met at the Super Target where the 27 meets the I4 – nice Starbucks in there and easy to keep an eye on the car too.

They were heading to St Pete’s Beach having enjoyed some days at Universal – as a result they came armed with Voodoo Doughnuts.

Thankfully we were armed with candy in return.

With an 11-50am meet up - We bode farewell at 2.05 – it actually felt like half an hour, such was the quick passing of time and the flowing of the conversation. It was great to meet up with them

We really do need to do this more often at home!

Great to see you and know you all enjoyed the rest of your trip, more Evo Stick football next season and we will get that chance to get together soon.

We kept the pace slow and mooched into The Florida mall – first stop was some food that had missed the notes , but the photos managed to acknowledge that we did in fact eat. Our last proper food stop was Olive Garden yesterday, before MNSSHP and the hot dogs at Casey's for the boys

We shared some Chinese - which was needed but when you think about it more expensive than it should be
Makes our local Chinese with Spring Rolls , BBQ Ribs and main courses, rice and chips a bargain at just £30 If you live near us - I will gladly tell you where that is!
Better quality than this too

It was needed, just to have some food - we can be really bad for this on holiday, especially in a theme park and when not on the Dining Plan. We just fill up on water/ coffee and a small snack and keep going.

Until we all recognise when we last ate a proper meal

The Florida Mall food Court to the rescue - not often you can say that!

As we shopped, as we shopped Joe got an Abercrombie top but we didn’t find much else and were not really in a shopping mood(always a result) Think that was a food thing though!

So, a scenic drive back followed, via the Nike clearance place close to where Medieval Times used to be.

This is now closed which is a shame as it was one place you could find some great bargains OR you found nothing and today the grand total was two Nike golf tops for Joe - big loss this for us as we have had some amazing bargains there in the past - I got a golf top that I always get stopped to ask where I got a top embroidered with Congressional Golf and Country Club from ? I always tell them the truth and the fact it cost around $20

Sad to see it go, but is proof that this part of the 192 is being left behind and in need of redevelopment on a huge scale. It was the starting place for Kissimmee and nearly 50 years later needs dragging forward.

When you compare it against the area on the 192 towards Rolling Oaks and then towards the US27, you get to understand how tourism moves and expectation changes over time. Sorry to digress but just an observation that was not in my original notes for the day

We actually had no plans for the day, so stopped off at Publix to get some of their lovely steak for tea plus a stop a the newly opened Wawa opposite Publix very close to Lake Wilson Preserve - another cash stop for the free cash machine there too. And then some $1 slushes!

which took an age to drink Brain freeze and an advertising moment missed

The Doughnuts were calling though...

the smell of them in the car was exciting enough, but when you finally cast your eyes on them - WOW!

Now obviously the biggest game of rock, paper, scissors started to decide who was having what.

I did not indulge in any of that nonsense - I got a knife out!

I then took many photos just to see if I was the only person who had a smutty mind and thought that this was the most hilariously smutty advertising slogan

After a stern look from my DW, for daring to be so smutty in a trip report We then got to the tasting.

The doughnuts themselves were superb, we did have a favourite , but amidst the pool time, the knife, the smut and 'the look', and a few beers it was never recorded.

Will need to go back and check them out again THANK YOU elmspenguin family

A Swimming pool evening followed and - another full day without a storm and without rain too.

The weather has been particularly kind to us this year (famous last words! )
We seem to have been able to enjoy many more pool evenings and afternoons without interruption by storms or lightning.

The villa has been great, it has been a joy to have the space and the pool to enjoy together. I also made the mistake (Again!) of giving the boys the underwater camera again

Of all the photos taken - these are perhaps the highlights!

As the TV was used only to check up on the Baseball score - Tampa Bay were playing The Red Sox tonight, so the plastic wine glasses were used to enjoy the hot tub.

Food, was steak fajitas for boys, whilst we had steak and potato salad. Both were delicious, yet we don't have pictures of the boys tea

Early bedtime for the boys and we were not far behind, as I typed this into my notes - Alison was already solid asleep, and that was by the time I had brushed my teeth.

The last 4 days and nights had caught up with all of us today, batteries recharged thanks to the Voodoo Doughnuts and as much sugar from the candy we snacked upon

We will see you real soon for day 25.

Just click here to read that next adventure

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:31 AM.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I was only thinking how would you decide who get which donut and that maybe you would have to arm wrestle. You took the more diplomatic option of cutting them all. It looked like you did this very fairly. When my two have to share something between the two of them I make one of them cut and then the other gets to choose first. That way the person doing the cutting up tries very hard to split the food evenly!

It sounds like a nice lazy day and given your late night at MNSSHP I'm not surprised.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

voodoo doughnuts hahaha no words needed!
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by emilou View Post
voodoo doughnuts hahaha no words needed!
Thank you - I am officially not alone

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Just finished getting up to date with your report, brilliant reading thank you! Not sure if our trips overlap but if I spot you I will be sure to say hello 😊👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Just finished getting up to date with your report, brilliant reading thank you! Not sure if our trips overlap but if I spot you I will be sure to say hello 😊👍
Glad you have enjoyed reading - nearly finished too

Think we may have a 3 or 4 day overlap and if you do see us please shout - there are very few walt4it's in the world ( except the one who nabbed my name on Twitter)

Appreciate your reading and posting - think I may have answered your weather app question too

Old 6 Jul 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was only thinking how would you decide who get which donut and that maybe you would have to arm wrestle. You took the more diplomatic option of cutting them all. It looked like you did this very fairly. When my two have to share something between the two of them I make one of them cut and then the other gets to choose first. That way the person doing the cutting up tries very hard to split the food evenly!

It sounds like a nice lazy day and given your late night at MNSSHP I'm not surprised.

I tend to find that once you have knife in the hand - there are no questions about who is eating what

We have a similar set up here for sharing - it really does cut out the argument about which bit is biggest and the " ...not Fair!" complaints

After all we had done in the past few days it was good to just have a day to breathe , take stock and ready ourselves for the ending

See you real soon

Old 7 Jul 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'd have had to try all four doughnuts too!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkyweb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Really enjoying the trip report!

Did you manage to find another Nike clearance store?
sparkyweb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sparkyweb View Post
Really enjoying the trip report!

Did you manage to find another Nike clearance store?
Thanks for reading and posting a reply too. Much appreciated

The Nike shop closed just a few months ago and was a bit of a secret spot for a bargain.

There was a thread on The Dibb about it - Click here as it gives more information of other places too

Apart from The Loop there is also a cheap outlet place close to International Drive Premium Outlets - as you see the festival bay building on the right it is on eth left, with a good Hilfiger store and Sketchers shop too. CK has some bargains in the back of the shop in this location too.
The tendency is to drive past as you really just see a McDonalds on the left and it is very close to Premium outlets, so your attention is often drawn towards there.

Your countdown is looking great - if you see us on your trip - please give us a shout