Notices

View Poll Results: What are your views on BOG new pricing
I would be happy to pay $62 plus tax and tip each for lunch out of pocket. 6 3.95%
I would only go if I had a Disney Dining Plan. 96 63.16%
I have no interest in going ever anyway. 50 32.89%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

The first and last time I ate in there was for breakfast, the food was well below average IMO & I haven't even considered eating there since. Considering I could eat at the Four Seasons for the same money and have a better meal, there's no chance I would be spending that kind of money at BOG, just ridiculous!
Old 24 Jun 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well based on this poll it looks like they will be relying on US guests to pony up as zero British and Irish ones seem willing to do so.
Old 24 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Is it a set menu ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Is it a set menu ?
Yes - the menu is available on the website
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
So with the reported changes to Be Our Guest, with no breakfast and $62 each for lunch (so cost for family of 4 with tax and tip being over $300) will you still be tempted to go for lunch without any Disney Dining Plan?

Thanks to Tom Morrow for the inspiration for the poll.
Good grief YT - shoot me now! How the heck is there 'magic' in an environment that's all about fleecing the public to make as much wonga as possible! $62 plus tax and tip ($80) will feed hubs and I for over a week with a bit of clever BOGO at Winn Dixie.

People ask me how we afford to winter on Bokeelia, when I break it down and show that, in the main, we oft pay less for 178 nights than a family do for a 2 or 3 week visit to all the trappings and eye-watering expense of Orlando they're genuinely surprised.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t do it for two credits, for one credit I’d need to see the menu.

We normally use BOG for breakfast, and of course there haven’t been any announcements for that yet. I live in hope it will still be a QS credit when it returns.

When planning for our cancelled Oct 2020 trip we really struggled to get our ADRs down to our number of credits. Now postponed to only 9 nights onsite next year it’s going to be even harder! So there certainly won’t be a TS credit spare
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We have one who would pay. So there is a small market which I suppose is all they would need to fill it.
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Good grief YT - shoot me now! How the heck is there 'magic' in an environment that's all about fleecing the public to make as much wonga as possible! $62 plus tax and tip ($80) will feed hubs and I for over a week with a bit of clever BOGO at Winn Dixie.

People ask me how we afford to winter on Bokeelia, when I break it down and show that, in the main, we oft pay less for 187 nights than a family do for a 2 or 3 week visit to all the trappings and eye-watering expense of Orlando they're genuinely surprised.
Sound good, when I retire I’ll be aiming for something similar.
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We had the QS lunch booked with free dining but no way would we pay this or use 2 TS credits each. Plenty of more reasonably priced meals in MK.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We have one who would pay. So there is a small market which I suppose is all they would need to fill it.
That was me. We never stay in Disney and only visit parks when we have grandchildren with us, we know it's a rip off and the food is not impressive but the experience is priceless to see the children's faces.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List