Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I feel like we need a truck to get everything he needs in! list so far -
Tent
Pillow
Sleeping bag
Folding Chair
Waterproofs
Sun lotion
Water bottle
Power banks
Money belt
Toothbrush and paste
Deodorant
Wipes for everything
Hand sanitiser
Snacks
Wellies/trainers in his case
Paracetamol
Big ground sheet
Bin bags
Money, phone, tickets ID.

Have I missed anything? cuddly toy?
Someone on an earlier post mentioned a Torch? I thought that was a great tip and not something I had thought of!

I’ll be glad when the weekend is over!

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR

Edited at 09:20 AM.
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was with DD at leeds yesterday (just for the day). She’s 14 so too young to go by herself. I actually thought it was a really good crowd and everyone was really friendly.
I can only give tips for hot weather but my goodness it was sooo hot with no shade. Definitely suncream, water, hat and food. It was so busy that to get water or food was just ridiculous wait.
I thought the toilets in the arena were so much better than I expected but take loo roll, wipes and hand sanitiser.
Also cash (surprised lots of places don’t take card), charging stick and torch.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Never mind your son, what will you need while he’s away! My daughter has been to Cream Fields this weekend and I’ve needed plenty of wine 🍷, she has just texted to say she on her way home, so I’ll be able to sleep well tonight , xxxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Bit of a festival veteran here to include many foreign festivals.

Foreign wise I've done, Rock-AM-Ring, Lowlands, Pink Pop, Fuji Rock Festival, Primavera, Riot Fest and SnowBombing.

In terms of the UK, I've attended Glastonbury, Leeds, Download, ArcTanGent, 2000 Trees, Creamfields and T in the Park multiple times from 1999 onwards.

Best advice I can give is try and make it as comfortable as possible, when i was younger it was all about just been there in a rubbish tent, with a cheap sleeping bag and a crate of beer, but if I could go back and tell my younger self anything it would be to TRY and make the weekend (or in some cases longer) more comfortable and stress free.

Decent 3-4 man tent, with good ventilation and a porch area. I have a 4-man pop-up tent which cost me a bit of money, but has lasted me over 10-Years, always cleaned when coming back from festivals, has excellent ventilation to cut down on condensation and heat, the porch always comes in handy for extra storage and allows you to keep ay muddy shoes / boots out of your tent.

Good ground mat / air bed / thermal sleeping bag, I have a double layer electric airbed that I bought from Tesco many moon ago, still going strong, you can either inflate it with batteries or go the foot pump way, total game changer when I bought this, not that you get much sleep at festivals, but what you do get you want it to be as solid and comfortable as possible, I also took a small sheet to put on top of the air bed (optional), pillow wise, personally I didn't take one, I used to take a pillow case and then fill it with clothes and that seemed to do the job, for a sleeping bag, try and get something with a decent temperature rating, sounds stupid I know as it's mid-summer, but i can get really cold in those tents on a night!

Small camping stool/chair, always nice to be able to sit around the campsite with friends, also helps you stay off the grass if you get rain.

Food/drink wise, all depends really, I had friends who used to take gas stoves and tins of soup / beans, personally I used to take a few boxes of decent cereal bars, energy bars and mixed bags of fruit/nut for snacks. For drinking water I used to do this, Buy 2x 5 litre cheap bottles of water from any supermarket, drink or empty them before you go, now only take ONE of them with you to the festival, but keep both lids (little shower trick coming!) easier to carry a light plastic bottle and fill it up at the designated water spots at the campsite than it is to carry a heavy full 5 litre bottle, now the second lid, I used to drill holes into the second lid and get a friend to hold the bottle above me while I had a quick wash on a morning, baby wipes only go so far, trust me 2 days in you'll be wanting to freshen up, especially if you can't be bothered to tackle to cues for the festival showers!

Alcohol wise, really personal preference, but spirit wise, always make sure its in plastic bottles, and where you can make sure they are pre-mixed with whatever you want (Coke, Red Bull, Lemonade, Tonic etc...) glass is a big NO NO, personally I used to take one bottle of pre-mixed spirits, and usually a few litres of decent Cider (much easier than lumping a crate of cans about).

Mobile phone wise, id recommend taking a cheap / old phone and putting it on the MAX power saving mode with basic functions (really does help save battery power), these festivals are friendly places, but just like anywhere you always get a few who are there for trouble, pick pockets, tent thefts do happen, you'll always tell yourself it wont happen to you, but when it does and your new iPhone/Samsung has gone as well as your purse with all your festival money then thats your festival ruined.

Money - take a decent amount of cash and budget for each day with a little extra for emergencies, keeping in mind not every festival allows you to take alcohol into the Arena / Stage areas, some people say only carry in your pockets / purse / bum bag what you need for the day, never carry your full week / weekends cash on you, I usually try and find a good place to stash / hide my money in the tent or if available (and not a rip-off!) lockers, try and find somewhere that isn't obvious if keeping in your tent, but if you're wearing a bum bag / body wallet then you should be OK, but always worth keeping a little spare stashed somewhere, I've seen people / friends with bags / bum bags who have got way too drunk and then next day they've woken up and realized they have lost their bags with EVERYTHING in it, weekend ruined instantly

Other small things she'll need:

Photo ID / Drivers Licence
Bum Bag or a Body Wallet for carrying valuables / money / bank card / drivers licence
Cheap / Light / Easy Carry poncho
Baby wipes
Loo Roll (Usually readily available in most portaloos in the Arenas, but campsites are a different story!)
sun cream
Small bottle of anti-bac hand wash
Small bottle of body wash
Roll on deodorant (nothing worse than gassing your tent out!)
Dry Shampoo
Carrier Bags / Bin Bags - most people live like slobs, but try and keep your tent areas tidy, really does make a difference.
Head Torch / Light Source (Trust me this is a must! trying to tackle the campsite in the pitch black is like navigation and a mine field!)
Travel size tooth paste / brush
Painkillers / headache tablets
Foam ear plugs (for the campsite)
Lip Balm
Wellies / Boots
Swimming shorts / bikini top (for shower/wash on a morning)
Small towel
Plasters / Bands Aids
2 x decent Power Banks for Phone re-charging
Always KEEP a spare print out of your festival ticket, this is if you lose your festival wrist band, take the ticket and your ID to the information desk and usually they can help.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Do5-BaG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Never mind your son, what will you need while he’s away! My daughter has been to Cream Fields this weekend and I’ve needed plenty of wine 🍷, she has just texted to say she on her way home, so I’ll be able to sleep well tonight , xxxx
Ha ha! Yes, true, I think I will stock up! 😂

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well... Dd finally arrived home at 2.30am after surviving Leeds fest. She looked pretty much in one piece and spritely considering. Because of the heat yesterday she did struggle to get enough fluid and had a big headache, so the paracetamol came in very handy.

Im so pleased she’s home, esp after the whole money situation. She was so annoyed about that because she always keeps some money in the back of her phone but spent that first. At least she still had her phone otherwise I’d have cracked up!

Anyway, all’s well that ends well, and once she eventually wakes up I’ll find out all about it! If she’s got any advice I’ll pass it on. 😃

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I feel like we need a truck to get everything he needs in! list so far -
Tent
Pillow
Sleeping bag
Folding Chair
Waterproofs
Sun lotion
Water bottle
Power banks
Money belt
Toothbrush and paste
Deodorant
Wipes for everything
Hand sanitiser
Snacks
Wellies/trainers in his case
Paracetamol
Big ground sheet
Bin bags
Money, phone, tickets ID.

Have I missed anything? cuddly toy?
A torch
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
A torch
They have torch built into phones 👍🏻

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

They have torch built into phones 👍🏻
This will quickly drain a phone battery, much better to invest in a cheap head torch or standard torch from somewhere like Go Outdoors.
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Do5-BaG View Post
This will quickly drain a phone battery, much better to invest in a cheap head torch or standard torch from somewhere like Go Outdoors.
Ahhh I see, thank you! Will pack one. The list is getting longer...

Our trip reports -