Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Temperature?

Views please!

dh says you have a fever if your temp is up despite how you might be feeling.

I say you have a fever if your temp is up but you feel cold!

I also said you don't tend to sweat with a fever as your body is trying to kill off a bug, but if you are sweaty then your body is trying to cool you down!

All because I want the heating lower than him!
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Being the age I am, I’m often found hanging out the window at night time. DH says my feet are never cold in bed anymore saving a fortune on our heating bills.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Being the age I am, I’m often found hanging out the window at night time. DH says my feet are never cold in bed anymore saving a fortune on our heating bills.
I'm another who is quite happy with the windows open at night. My partner says I radiate heat. Esp my feet. She feels the cold even in summer.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Another one here - I've always slept with the window open, even in winter. Nothing more cosy than listening to the wind or rain snuggled down under a warm duvet
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Sorry to say DH is right. Fever is defined by a significantly raised temperature only. Chills or sweating are a symptom but not everyone gets them. The highest temperature I've ever had due to a serious infection came with zero symptoms. I just happened to be in hospital at the time so it was caught in a routine chart update.

Most of the times when you're feeling hot due to things like exertion or ambient temperature, your core body temperature doesn't actually rise that much. I've been testing it on hot flushes.

I hear you on the heating though, that was a constant battle with my ex-OH. I would rather be cold than hot, he'd probably have had the heating on in summer if I'd have let him.

Edited at 07:01 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I am hot. All the time. I only wear a proper coat if there is snow on the ground. People think I am crazy but I HATE being hot, it doesn’t take much for me to feel a temp rise.

You do tend to get clammy with a true fever and can feel cold and shakey, these are both signs of infection. But some people do have temp peeks, typically after meals, being active etc, and especially around the menopause! I’m dreading that already 🔥
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My husband and 2 youngest sons are always hot. Me and my oldest son are always cold. My feet are like blocks of ice most of the time!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
No can be having a hot 5 minutes and feet still cold😂

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Sorry to say DH is right. Fever is defined by a significantly raised temperature only. Chills or sweating are a symptom but not everyone gets them. The highest temperature I've ever had due to a serious infection came with zero symptoms. I just happened to be in hospital at the time so it was caught in a routine chart update.

Most of the times when you're feeling hot due to things like exertion or ambient temperature, your core body temperature doesn't actually rise that much. I've been testing it on hot flushes.

I hear you on the heating though, that was a constant battle with my ex-OH. I would rather be cold than hot, he'd probably have had the heating on in summer if I'd have let him.
Thanks but I’m not telling him he is right😂 I would rather be cold than hot, I pass out with heat! but mostly just my face that gets super hot!

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
My husband and 2 youngest sons are always hot. Me and my oldest son are always cold. My feet are like blocks of ice most of the time!
Hands and feet always cold to touch but not cold to me if that makes sense!

Edited at 07:45 PM.
parisdisneyfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List