Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

It was announced by Oxford University this week that it has developed a 5 minute test that actually tells you that you have the live virus & not dead particles that can throw up a positive if you have had it and are no longer contagious.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We spoke to someone yesterday from Virgin, as we are due to pay our balance in 10 days. She said that we can pay the balance and get a refund when its cancelled. Whilst the official line is that the flights resume on the 10th, she very much doubted that the holiday would go ahead.
We are looking to rearrange for 2021
(Man-MCO 20/12/20)
We're the day before you, 19th Dec, and have been told the same by Virgin.
Balance is due this weekend so looks like we'll have to pay then get it refunded when they cancel!
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

If it does go ahead do you have the option to change the holiday and how far can you book up to?
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I can't see any MAN-MCO flights happening this year.

A lot will depend on the US election outcome - but all the pointers are that it's going to be a close result & Trump will challenge a Biden victory in any way he can through the courts. Whilst that happens, the presidential decree remains in place meaning UK citizens cannot enter the USA if we've been in the UK in the 14 days prior to travel.

Even if Biden gets a landslide victory, Trump remains as president until January.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

A lot will depend on the US election outcome - but all the pointers are that it's going to be a close result & Trump will challenge a Biden victory in any way he can through the courts. Whilst that happens, the presidential decree remains in place meaning UK citizens cannot enter the USA if we've been in the UK in the 14 days prior to travel.

Even if Biden gets a landslide victory, Trump remains as president until January.
Personally I think that if Biden wins, he may go down a similar route to Australia and keep the US borders closed for a long time, potentially into late 2021. This is purely me speculating though.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
Personally I think that if Biden wins, he may go down a similar route to Australia and keep the US borders closed for a long time, potentially into late 2021. This is purely me speculating though.
They won't need to if rapid covid testing is used at airports. I think a vaccine is more likely to appear sooner rather than later (just my opinion & looks like you may have to have it twice a year though). I think if they and other countries follow suit, the whole aviation will collapse. They need to start to get things moving soon I think.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
They won't need to if rapid covid testing is used at airports. I think a vaccine is more likely to appear sooner rather than later (just my opinion & looks like you may have to have it twice a year though). I think if they and other countries follow suit, the whole aviation will collapse. They need to start to get things moving soon I think.
The infection rate in the US is so high that I see them as an exporter of Covid, so to me that increases the chances of them opening their borders.
That said, we're all making informed guesses, the reality is all we can do is "wait and see".
Old 27 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

I wouldn't be so sure, he may need to scoot off elsewhere before his immunity runs out.
(immunity to prosecution not covid !)
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

They government are trying to cut the quarantine to 7 days which still isn't practical for most people especially holidaymakers.

The way things are at the minute I can't see any travel until Easter time.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Better than 14 though, some holidaymakers may do it. I think there will be more people willing to self quarantine for 7 rather than 14 days coming home from a holiday?