Notices

Old 19 Oct 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well there are now PE reward flights for our outbound. I tried to give Flying Club a ring but apparently an hour wait and they’re encouraging use of text and WhatsApp. I’ve sent a WhatsApp to see if we can book outbound and inbound separate and if there’s any downside to doing so. I’m hoping they offer to hold the flights until inbound is released so we don’t have to pay additional fees as you often do when booking both legs separately.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That's good news! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon.

On the plus side, a lot of the people looking to book the Rewards seats for the outgoing will likely be waiting for the same ingoing flight as you so won't be snapping them up straight away.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That's good news! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon.

On the plus side, a lot of the people looking to book the Rewards seats for the outgoing will likely be waiting for the same ingoing flight as you so won't be snapping them up straight away.
Hopefully. If we end up missing out because they WhatsApp reply takes so long I’d be inclined to complain. They really lay it on thick about how busy the phone lines are and only to call if it’s urgent. I kind of feel this is but since it’s for a flight 10 months away maybe the wouldn’t agree!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well VA replied to my WhatsApp at around 10.45pm last night while I was sleeping to say that they couldn’t book the outbound until the inbound was released . I went ahead and contacted them again this morning as I can WhatsApp while at work and the helpful Chloe said the opposite and that she could hold the seats for me. She’s gone ahead and held two PE seats for me and I’ve to get in touch in 9 days to see about the inbound. Fingers crossed there are return reward seats!

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That is fantastic news! Bet you're glad you challenged them. Good to hear WhatsApp was efficient too.

Fingers crossed the inbound Reward seats show straight away and you can get booked up soon.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Lisa - love this PTR - so good to see one again We have also made some plans for 2020 and am so hoping we can all get back to the magic asap! Also love your puppy pics. How is she settling in? Our second cockapoo joined the family at the beginning of October so I'm in the midst of toilet training and sleepless nights - she's worth it though! Really hope you get the flights confirmed soon - sounds like a wonderful trip
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That is fantastic news! Bet you're glad you challenged them. Good to hear WhatsApp was efficient too.

Fingers crossed the inbound Reward seats show straight away and you can get booked up soon.
Yes it turned out to be better than I thought it would!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Lisa - love this PTR - so good to see one again We have also made some plans for 2020 and am so hoping we can all get back to the magic asap! Also love your puppy pics. How is she settling in? Our second cockapoo joined the family at the beginning of October so I'm in the midst of toilet training and sleepless nights - she's worth it though! Really hope you get the flights confirmed soon - sounds like a wonderful trip
Thanks! I just really want to be planning, even if it all turns out to have to be moved again .

She’s settling in fine - currently cuddled in to me on the couch! They’re great at this age but also a nightmare! Congratulations on your puppy!

Trip Report Index
Old 25 Oct 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I’m currently counting down to Wednesday when our return flight should be released. Whether there are reward seats remains to be seen I suppose but I’ll WhatsApp VA Wednesday morning anyway!

We’ve also been chatting about the hotel. I looked into DVC rental for BWV and availability for our two weeks is affected by there being none the first weekend. It did occur to me that we could maybe do a split stay since we don’t have dining plan credit to worry about. A week at CSR and a week at the Dolphin or potentially BWV on rented points would still reduce costs from 2 weeks at the Dolphin and give us our $500 in gift cards from Disney.

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Oct 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Currently waiting on a reply from VA WhatsApp about our return flights. According to Seatspy there’s availability so hopefully they’ll reply soon.

I also see the DVC resorts are on the Disney site now - £8000 for a 2 bed villa at OKW .

Trip Report Index
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Been thinking of you today and hoping you were all sorted, hopefully won't be too long before you here back.

I totally forgot about the DVC resorts appearing for September! We're £7,795 for 2 rooms in the Tower at CSR and tickets for 3. I think my mum would prepared to pay the extra for a 2-bed at OKW. She is OBSESSED with the washing machine in the room. But to me, I see the price difference as the cost of QSDP!

Missed your last post. Like your idea of renting DVC points for a split stay so you still get to stay in the Crescent Lake area. Our November trip is still currently booked for the Dolphin. My heart isn't really in it, particularly since the news about the buses. But I also don't think my heart is in CSR (quite a bit cheaper) considering we'll have already been there in September. Plus if I don't do a 'non' Disney trip without DDP, how will I ever know if I like it or not!? I think if I knew we could park hop I'd feel more comfortable with the Dolphin.