Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I agree with MH about people that put vans etc on driveways that block out the neighbours light or on the road when there is no garden.
However you have a large drive so it shouldnt be infringing on them.

The neighbour opposite me, who throws cat poo at my garden, always parks her van on the road opposite mine ( and opposite sidd of road to everyone else) which is always in my sightline when I'm in the garden. Cant do anything except I plan to plant something tall in my garden to block it.
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by paw View Post
Our estate was built 1970s on. Still being expanded. There is a covenant in the deeds that states Caravans cannot be kept in front of the building line. Some people do but if neighbours complain it has to go. A number of people have got around it with motor homes of various sizes.
Same here, 1990's houses here and in deeds , no caravans or boats .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
We have moved it as far away from them as possible. They will not have a fence, we tried that when we moved in because of DH van. It’s not a massive van. Plain / no signage Vauxhall vivaro.

We would just plant some conifers and they would see nothing but they will not have it.

Will think some more about storage. X
But if you give into them they are winning.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Our cul de sac has a no caravans clause on the deeds too, our neighbours went to every home on the cul de sac to ask if they objected before they bought a van, they park it out of sight down the side of their house. Never a problem. However next door to them bought a large camper van this year, never mentioned it to anyone, they have a tiny drive and it overhangs the pavement. They also have 2 cars and one is now parked on the turning circle, and as it is so big the next two houses in the corner have difficulty getting on and off their drives, worse still when they have visitors.
Caravans on camper vans cause lots of trouble with neighbours, I hate looking out of my windows and seeing the camper van straight in my line of sight, I wouldn’t complain but I’d love to see it gone... and I can think of several of my neighbours who feel the same... so to some extent I understand how your neighbours feel...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I agree with MH about people that put vans etc on driveways that block out the neighbours light or on the road when there is no garden.
However you have a large drive so it shouldnt be infringing on them.

The neighbour opposite me, who throws cat poo at my garden, always parks her van on the road opposite mine ( and opposite sidd of road to everyone else) which is always in my sightline when I'm in the garden. Cant do anything except I plan to plant something tall in my garden to block it.
I'd be throwing that cat poo right back 😠
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I know DH would hate it (He’s become Victor Meldrew over lockdown) but honestly, if there’s nothing in your deeds to restrict it then they need to just suck it up.
Ours state that we can’t even hang washing in our gardens but of course we all do!
Ours had the same with hanging washing in our garden there were some really strange ones.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sound like a couple of old busy bodies with too much time on their hands. It’s none of their business if it is on your land and there. Is no covenants.
I would say though that we did always store our van, mainly because when stored on the drive it is obvious to all when you are away.
Enjoy your caravanning. I miss mine so much but dh won’t get another one.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s your house and your property, as long as you have nothing in the deeds or covenants then I see no issue. That goes for having a fence too, if you want a fence and it doesn’t block any one then I’d have a fence, I honestly wouldn’t not be doing something because of my neighbours. They don’t own the whole road.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

A funny story (true) about neighbours and campervans:

The couple across the road from my parents used to park their campervan directly outside my parents house which annoyed my dad greatly.

They looked after my niece when she was little and one day my mum and niece (about 2 at the time) were walking along the street and my niece was chanting: red car, blue car, Bampy’s car, b****y campervan! My mum had some stern words with my dad after that 😂
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Are you in a rural area?

I’m in a remote village in Yorkshire and dozens of farmers are more than happy to let you park caravans up for £5 a week, pick carefully and it can be well out of sight with near 24/7 security.

There is a restriction on my deeds about commercial vehicles/caravans. One of my vehicles is a pick up,truck which is technically a commercial although used as a car.

A new and generally obnoxious neighbour is a Liverpool fan. His family and mine are the only non retired people on the street.

When Liverpool won the league I bought a Man Utd related private number plate, worth more than the pickup, and changed my parking so that from his living room the whole of the front of it is his view :-)

I don’t think he is clever enough to work out the restrictions but could be an issue if he does

I’d never store a caravan at home too big a security risk, there’s a reason caravan storage is so easy to find
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List