Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Jul 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Great day Lisa, Calico looks so interesting to explore!

Your suite at the Vdara looks so swanky looking forward to reading what you get up to in Vegas. We've never been, but it's on the list x
Old 2 Jul 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've never been to Vegas but would LOVE to go. I'm so impressed with how much walking you did, particularly in the heat!

Loving reading this!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Lisa

You certainly know how to fill the hours! Makes me tired just reading how much you did.

Calico looks great and really nice photos.

Your room in LV looks brilliant too.

Hopefully we will eat at Bubba Gumps again. I think we had the Shrimper's Heaven that Paul had.

Edited at 03:37 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
How did I not know about Calico!? It looks amazing and reminded me of San Diego old town. Such a great place to stop on that boring old route

Great day over all, the room at the Vdara looks incredible and the view too! Love the way you drove back up the strip for the full experience

I do LOVE Vegas & reading about peoples visits there, it's just unlike anywhere else isn't it?
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Great day Lisa, Calico looks so interesting to explore!

Your suite at the Vdara looks so swanky looking forward to reading what you get up to in Vegas. We've never been, but it's on the list x
It was so swanky, I was constantly waiting for someone to tell us we were in the wrong hotel and had to leave!

I think everyone should experience Vegas at some point in their life, it truly is a place like no other... so much fun!

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I've never been to Vegas but would LOVE to go. I'm so impressed with how much walking you did, particularly in the heat!

Loving reading this!
Add Vegas to the list (along with Disneyland)... you will absolutely love it! I'm desperate to get back there already!

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Lisa

You certainly know how to fill the hours! Makes me tired just reading how much you did.

Calico looks great and really nice photos.

Your room in LV looks brilliant too.

Hopefully we will eat at Bubba Gumps again. I think we had the Shrimper's Heaven that Paul had.

Haha no time is wasted on our trips that is for sure!

I do love a dinner at Bubba Gump and Shrimper's Heaven seems to be a popular choice... what amazes me most is how many chips you get with it! Paul's loves his food but even he has never managed to finish off the whole thing!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
How did I not know about Calico!? It looks amazing and reminded me of San Diego old town. Such a great place to stop on that boring old route

Great day over all, the room at the Vdara looks incredible and the view too! Love the way you drove back up the strip for the full experience

I do LOVE Vegas & reading about peoples visits there, it's just unlike anywhere else isn't it?
Calico was such a fab stop to break up the journey! A colleague at work mentioned he has stopped there on the drive from LA to Vegas and after having a google it quickly made it on to our itinerary! Definitely worth a stop next time you are over on the West Coast

I blooming love Vegas, and if possible I actually loved it more the second time around... possibly as it was less overwhelming and I could take it all in a bit more!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I too say good bye to our hotel rooms!

Must have been some experience driving into Vegas and that hotel looks fantastic! You can see the fountains <3

Another excellent day & what a cool town you went to xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I too say good bye to our hotel rooms!

Must have been some experience driving into Vegas and that hotel looks fantastic! You can see the fountains <3

Another excellent day & what a cool town you went to xx
The fountain view from our room was amazing, totally worth the cost of the upgrade! It was hard saying goodbye to this amazing room that's for sure!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Calico looks like a really interesting place to visit, it sounds like a great way to break up the journey, and just WOW to your hotel suite, what a fantastic place to stay

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Calico looks like a really interesting place to visit, it sounds like a great way to break up the journey, and just WOW to your hotel suite, what a fantastic place to stay
Calico was such a fantastic stop, the perfect way to break up that long journey! And that suite in the Vdara was out of this world... I'm still amazed now that we got to stay somewhere so swish!
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just catching up. What an amazing day!

Melissa x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List