Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

BA getting out of Gatwick?

msn/en-gb/travel/new...ow/ar-BB1a8mPP

But I think I found this out for myself today when I noticed Heathrow to MCO flights that weren't there before., We were booked to go from Gatwick but when I phoned today looking to change I was sort of told not to bother as the flight we have booked looked like it was already in the process of moving to Heathrow.

This suits us enormously as it happens as we were coming into Heathrow from Manchester (i.e. we have indirect flights booked) and now we won't have to trek 1/3 of the way around the M25 to complete our journey.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music

Edited at 08:03 PM.
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
msn/en-gb/travel/new...ow/ar-BB1a8mPP

But I think I found this out for myself today when I noticed Heathrow to MCO flights that weren't there before., We were booked to go from Gatwick but when I phoned today looking to change I was sort of told not to bother as the flight we have booked looked like it was already in the process of moving to Heathrow.

This suits us enormously as it happens as we were coming into Heathrow from Manchester (i.e. we have indirect flights booked) and now we won't have to trek 2/3 of the way around the M25 to complete our journey.
The Heathrow flights have been there for quite some time so the article was just a rehash of news due to the appointment of Sean Doyle this week as BA CEO when Alex Cruz left rather suddenly. A few Dibb members have had their flights changed over but BA have announced their proposed November schedule a couple of days ago. Stanleycamel posted a thread about it this morning but did point out that it was proposed and subject to change

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1181911
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I would swear they weren't there in September as there's no way I would have opted for Gatwick over Heathrow when we were coming into Heathrow from Manchester. I suppose I could have overlooked them?

Either way, it looks to me like what is being speculated about is definitely happening. This is an August 2021 flight that is getting moved.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music

Edited at 08:14 PM.
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I would swear they weren't there in September as there's no way I would have opted for Gatwick over Heathrow when we were coming into Heathrow from Manchester. I suppose I could have overlooked them?

Either way, it looks to me like what is being speculated about is definitely happening.
Heathrow flights have been there for 2 or 3 months, I've been watching flights since August for next year. Two from Gatwick (morning and afternoon) and one from Heathrow (afternoon). I've booked a Gatwick morning one.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Either way, it looks to me like what is being speculated about is definitely happening. This is an August 2021 flight that is getting moved.
I changed a flight from LGW to LHR for Feb 2021 at the end of July 2020 so the flights have been available but it is easy to miss. I agree for UK domestic connections LHR is so much easier especially for the journey home.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We recently booked BA flights from LGW to MCO for August 2021 as couldn't get the flights I wanted from LHR, but if they move all BA to LHR then that's easier for me, as it is a right trek round the M25 to get to LGW. Fingers crossed I can move my hotel and parking too.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We booked in September for April next year, they had the flights going out of both Gatwick and Heathrow, along with our connections from Glasgow. We booked the ones to and from Heathrow.
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s a big win for us in Staffordshire. Heathrow is a far easier journey than Gatwick. Obviously, our preference would be Manchester Airport but school holiday prices can be double London prices!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Currently in & out of Gatwick for May, Glasgow connection, TBH the only time that it has affected us has been when the tried to get us in to Gatwick & then out of Heathrow!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Booked Gatwick last night for September but I'm secretly hoping they get shifted to Heathrow. Not going to bother moving Manchester airport hotels and parking yet on that basis.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List