Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Nov 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Water rides and clothes

When going on the water rides it's fun to get wet at the time but not good walking round in wet clothes
Anyone got any recommendations on types of clothes to wear that dry off real quick like sports wear.

Also can you wear pool shoes at the water parks. I guess you would have to take them off for the rides
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

very light weave fabric, anything you have that dries really quickly in the dryer are good to go! tight weave, thick things like cargo shorts etc, they hold a lot of water. very thin cotton shirts almost muslin type fabric instead of heavier t's.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Places like Trespass have shorts and tops that are quick drying and they always seem to have a sale on.

If doing this, remember your pocket contents may still get wet. I saw a great tip recently about taking ziplock bags to keep your phones etc in while on rides.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

If you're a guy, then I'd wear swimming shorts (long ones not speedos!) as they obviously will dry quickly!

For the ladies, I always wear a bikini instead of normal underwear as it dries more quickly and is more comfortable. I find then that shorts - eg boardwalk/surfing shorts- are good as they also dry quickly and any T-shirt.

Last year we used lockers for valuables, which worked fine.

I think I just wore my normal sandals - waterproof ones I think- north face with all the velcro everywhere !

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have some Debenhams 'Maine' Swimming Shorts that have pockets etc. I wear these, a t shirt and flip flops whenever in a Theme Park where I may/will get wet. My camera is waterproof also. In this way, my options remain open.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

we always wear Decathlon £3/£4 UPF40 swim T-shirt’s. We’ve had them for the whole family for 2 Florida holidays, they are fab, we know we aren’t going to get burnt, they dont fade or change colour with sun cream, and dry quickly.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
we always wear Decathlon £3/£4 UPF40 swim T-shirt’s. We’ve had them for the whole family for 2 Florida holidays, they are fab, we know we aren’t going to get burnt, they dont fade or change colour with sun cream, and dry quickly.
We have the Decathlon swim T-shirt's find they are really good , I have fair skin stops me getting burnt and dry really quick when I have been for a swim.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The waterparks we went to (Volcano Bay and Aquatica) allow you to wear water shows on all 'tube' rides, but you have to remove them for body slides.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

As others have said, quick drying short and tops, now I put my poncho on, so at least my top half stays dry. Swim shoes a must at the water parks, ground can be very hot as well as the sand and in the lazy river as you can graze your feet as its not deep, and in the wave machine.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well I am going to tell you what NOT to wear from my first visit. Do not wear a brand new denim skirt and a pink t shirt with a white bra under it. The blue ran out of the skirt onto every thing and the shirt went see through!

A lot of the running gear Dave wears "wick away" water and certainly they dry very quickly after washing.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List