Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Booking sites

Which ones do you use?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
BA or Virgin from their own direct sites.
Ditto official airport parking.
Ditto official airport hotel.

We know the villa owner personally so we just "chat" regularly by email.

The only broker I use is Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire

Mick

PS Nice to see you still planning T

PPS Just seen the news about massive snow fall in Madrid

Edited at 05:15 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Sorry T just noticed you posted in accommodation.

My reply useless
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry T just noticed you posted in accommodation.

My reply useless
Never useless LOL

Yes. Both husband and myself are now in full planning mode and it’s all going to be good. It’s great having ditched WDW to be honest... sticking to US ... trying to keep costs as low as we can. So an I drive apartment, kitchenette type thing! No car hire... it’s hard to gauge costs though due to this covid malarkey but I think we are ok.

Yes Madrid heaviest snowfall since I think 1971. We have snow here, unable to get into the village which is up the mountain as they’re cut off ... it’ll be gone soon.. roads will be ok by Tuesdays chemotherapy treatment
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We use Booking.com, Hotels.com and TravelRepublic.

The refund policy on those is pretty straightforward. Depends which one is cheapest gets our booking.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Never useless LOL

Yes. Both husband and myself are now in full planning mode and it’s all going to be good. It’s great having ditched WDW to be honest... sticking to US ... trying to keep costs as low as we can. So an I drive apartment, kitchenette type thing! No car hire... it’s hard to gauge costs though due to this covid malarkey but I think we are ok.

Yes Madrid heaviest snowfall since I think 1971. We have snow here, unable to get into the village which is up the mountain as they’re cut off ... it’ll be gone soon.. roads will be ok by Tuesdays chemotherapy treatment
I feel that I will be absolutely useless now in trying to help.

Know very little about I-Drive. We tend to use the whole 12 miles if we want to go to the Premium Outlet at the north end by joining it near Logan's on the 192. Pleasant change from using I-4.

We haven't been to Universal since 2009 much before the Harry Potter stuff.

Even my favourite subject of driving and DFCH has gone.

As you know from our PMs the emotion of us celebrating our Golden Wedding in 2017 a few months after Joan completed hers can never be repeated.

Keep up the planning.

Mick
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Ebookers and hotels.com
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Travel Republic for Universel, although in 2018 we got a good deal for the Hard Rock through Virgin holidays, a club room was cheaper with them than anyone else and only £30 more than a standard room. Also use Expedia and hotels.com on occasion.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Never useless LOL

My friend always stays at the Sonesta Suites on I drive which I think are near the Orlando Eye.
We stayed at the Westgate Palace in a 2 bedroom apartment which was nice and about a 10 minute walk to I drive.
I usually book through Travel Republic.
They refunded our deposit without us asking when our holiday was cancelled last May
I’ve also booked hotel only through Virgin Holidays a few times.
The one I would advise against is TravelUp their customer service is appalling.
Old 9 Jan 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotels.com - usually choose fully refundable. Look for better price on trivago and get hotels.com to price match. This can be a bit of a chore because they keep claiming no availability or can't find the price we submit. Often takes a few attempts, but usually results in a Refund of £500 - £1000.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List