Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jan 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Staying on site at Disney

Would you continue to book Disney accommodation now that there’s no more extra magic hours and if the posts on other sites are true and magical express does stop operating at the end of 2021?
I was hoping to book CBR or POR for 2022, but with all these changes not sure if it’s worth it now. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Oh no, what's this about the magical express ending? I hadn't heard - did you think it a credible source?

If there are no extra magic hours and magic express then probably not to be honest - I would be happy to stay offsite and uber in unless there's a good deal. In some ways it might even be a positive to have a little push to try some of the other hotels in the area which look a lot more luxurious for the same price point. For my April booking (which I will be cancelling =/ ) I had taken the baby step of booking a Disney Springs hotel which was a lot cheaper even taking into account a daily morning uber. I wonder though if fastpass will become linked to on site stays ...

What are you thinking? Never thought I'd see you giving up on CBR!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!

Edited at 07:55 PM.
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
Oh no, what's this about the magical express ending? I hadn't heard - did you think it a credible source?

If there are no extra magic hours and magic express then probably not to be honest - I would be happy to stay offsite and uber in unless there's a good deal. In some ways it might even be a positive to have a little push to try some of the other hotels in the area which look a lot more luxurious for the same price point. For my April booking (which I will be cancelling =/ ) I had taken the baby step of booking a Disney Springs hotel which was a lot cheaper even taking into account a daily morning uber. I wonder though if fastpass will become linked to on site stays ...

What are you thinking? Never thought I'd see you giving up on CBR!
See main travel page.

Personally my Disney days are over
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We switched to an offsite booking for this year because of all the changes, just not value for money. This latest change makes me feel we were even more justified in doing this. Was still considering having one or two nights on site- but not for 30 min emh. Might consider renting dvd points as a cheaper alternative ( though never done this so wouldn’t know where to start!)
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
See main travel page.

Personally my Disney days are over
Just looked! Oh my goodness, I don't want to derail this thread but WHAT IS HAPPENING. Sorry Cha Cha, will let you get back to the original query now.

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Yes - we never used the things they’ve dropped apart from fast passes
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Yes I have never use EMH and if we have to jump in a cab so be it :-)
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies guys.
I didn’t realise there was another post running when I posted this, so didn’t think there’d be any replies.
I think we’re going to mix things up next year and only spend around 4 days staying at Disney if all the changes are here to stay.
It might be nice to try some other hotels 😘x
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Looking at EMH in isolation, we never really took much advantage, never in the morn but occasionally at night.

However, staying at Disney still gives residents an advantage, as it takes longer to travel from outside in the morning and in the case of MK, residents avoid the TTC faff. In the eve, the crowds tend to thin anyway as it gets late and certainly after any evening or nightly show.

Disney332
Old 13 Jan 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

That’s true!
I think we’ll see how it goes for our 4 maybe 5 night at WDW and if we still love it as much without all the extras we may look at staying longer again in 2023.
We’ve always spent the bulk of our holiday staying on site at Disney - it’ll be weird not doing it again next year, but I’m kind of looking forward to a change - I think! 😊