Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Nope 😢
Why settle for second best I’d rather save my money for when we can get to the US without quarantine ☹️😷
Should have more money for our Grandson’s first visit 🇺🇸💕💕& make it extra special 🤩
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I’ve written off Florida for 2020 so once things ease up I’ll be looking for a week in Devon or Cornwall in the summer
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Telegraph:

“The irony of the arrival of a vaccine is that the prospect of a return to normality appears to have receded rather than advanced, with schools now unlikely to reopen until after Easter. Without a vaccine the Government would have no choice but to contemplate scaling back restrictions once cases began to subside.

But ministers now fear that mutations will enter the country and render the various vaccines ineffective. Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, disclosed yesterday that 77 cases of a virulent South African variant have been identified from travellers into the UK. A small number carrying a Brazilian mutation have also entered the country.

Clearly, stopping all travel not subject to strict quarantine regulations will reduce this risk. But the Government must also acknowledge that, as has been seen with Australia and New Zealand, these are not stopgap measures but semi-permanent controls. The logic of this policy is that for as long as mutations threaten to undermine the vaccine programme then normal travel to and from the UK will be impossible. For a country that relies so heavily on its international connections this is a serious, possibly irrevocable, step.“

I’m hoping they are wrong!
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
yip 3 nights booked at Alton Towers, then drive across country and 3 nights booked at Blackpool. Home for 2 nights to drop off son as he doesn't want to do the next part which is 8 days in London- visiting our daughter, my sister and our best friends. A holiday for us is where we dont sleep in our own beds and I don't cook - yes we'd rather be in Florida but looking forward to this in june and july . All things ive booked so far are refundable should we need to cancel
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
We have just cancelled Lanzarote in July as we think even if travel is back on the cards it will be very different for a while.

Instead we have booked a cottage in Wells Next to the Sea for a week in August and also have plans for a week in a Caravan in Skipton and will also be breaking out the trusty Tent for as many weekends as we can fit in...
Wells-next-the-sea (no "to"!) is beautiful.

Mrs B and I had dramatically different holiday experiences as a child. Whilst my family would get on a plane and head off abroad, including my first trips to Florida, Mrs B's family would always holiday in North Norfolk, and the area has many fond memories for her.

I'd never been, and she was keen to show it to me, so we booked a cottage there on three or four occasions, and it was delightful. The beaches are amazing, you can take out a day boat and explore the Broads or make a picnic and hire a kayak and have a wonderfully chilled day on the water. Bewilderwood is a completely different kind of "theme park" too, but well worth a visit.

Above all, what our trips to Norfolk demonstrated to me - and I'd be the first to confess to being a bit of a holiday snob when it came to the UK - is that it doesn't really matter where you go, it's the people you go with.

Our lives are so hectic that we often don't get as much quality time with our children as we'd like, and whether you holiday in Cromer or Kissimmee, you can have a wonderful time making life-lasting memories.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just wish that our weather was more reliable even in August. I live 2 mins walk from a beach. Wouldn’t hesitate going somewhere else with the grandkids in the Summer School Holidays but can’t stand the thought of spending an arm and a leg just to sit on the beach in the high cold winds or in the pouring rain!
All our family vacations got cancelled last year so spent one day at Drusillas where the weather was predicted to be so bad we wouldn’t even make it and another day at Peppa Pig world freezing!
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
No as I don’t class the uk as a holiday but holiday abroad or not I will still be spending a few weekends in Christchurch Dorset, my favourite uk spot for a few night away.
We're looking at booking to stay around that area.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When I lived in the U.K. I would never have dreamt of holidaying there. Now I live overseas I can see a different aspect of it as a tourist. Apart from the weather (the weather is probably the UKs biggest downfall followed closely by the actual costs) , I can really appreciate the beauty and history that the U.K. offers as a holiday destination for tourist visiting.

But for me In general terms U.K. too expensive and weather not reliable enough... so unless visiting family, I’d rather take my money elsewhere
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I bought myself a brand new little caravan end of last year ! Cannot wait to use it Just me and my little dog
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I just wish that our weather was more reliable even in August. I live 2 mins walk from a beach. Wouldn’t hesitate going somewhere else with the grandkids in the Summer School Holidays but can’t stand the thought of spending an arm and a leg just to sit on the beach in the high cold winds or in the pouring rain!
All our family vacations got cancelled last year so spent one day at Drusillas where the weather was predicted to be so bad we wouldn’t even make it and another day at Peppa Pig world freezing!
I do agree thar good weather can make or break a Uk holiday, but that said we have had many disappointing holidays in Florida due to poor weather.

When we’ve booked short breaks in the UK we always have a refundable hotel booked so when the weather looks bad we have cancelled which is something we can’t do with a booked Florida trip.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List