Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

i may have missed something here but aren't there still quarantine restrictions in place for anyone entering the USA from UK? when does everyone expect these to be lifted?
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Suggs
Earning More Ears

Its not just quarantine. Its an outright ban at the moment.
Suggs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
It wasn’t condensing flight for us. As when I rang BA they didn’t even offer me alternative flights. It was either voucher or refund. I took refund.
Just out of interest, what number did you reach BA on today? I'm expecting a cancellation email soon so would like to be ready
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
Its not just quarantine. Its an outright ban at the moment.
Once the ban is lifted and the flights resume then we are slowly back in business. Obviously “when” is the big question and debate right now which everyone has an opinion on but nobody really knows. July might be a little optimistic IMO given we don’t even have a recommencement date for domestic tourism yet. I’ve always said, final quarter so if I had a September trip I would be far more hopeful. Do I hope the OP can go away in July? - Absolutely as it means some form of normality is returning.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
Just out of interest, what number did you reach BA on today? I'm expecting a cancellation email soon so would like to be ready
Freephone 0800 7278000 and don't press any of the options offered seems to work best for most people but bear in mind you may have to try a few times. Just be patient if you need to try.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Suggs
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Freephone 0800 7278000 and don't press any of the options offered seems to work best for most people but bear in mind you may have to try a few times. Just be patient if you need to try.
Just rung that number and got through in seconds. Have to pat BA on the back for great Customer Service.
Suggs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah. BA had been great. There’s 3 bookings I had to cancel for this trip. She made it so simple. N the whole conversation took less than 30 mins. I guess would be quick if it’s only one booking.
She did not try to give me voucher. Or reschedule. Was simple n easy
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
cancelled my trip on the 20th, went for virgin open ticket for next year, had refunds from hotels, car hire, plus parking at lhr
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Well I've chipped into this thread a couple of times already. We had flights into Miami with Norwegian due to fly out on 20th July 2020. Big plans for my 50th birthday.

Despite holding onto hope that it might still happen, we've just had confirmation that the flights have been cancelled.

So not going to happen for us I'm afraid... slightly sad, because we would've still flown if the flights had have gone ahead.

Anyway all the best to anyone else hoping to get to the sunshine state this year 😀👍
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List