Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 May 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneymummy View Post
This is us too. We have school age kids so are restricted to school hols. We’ve been lucky to have had 5 visits in the last 8 years and that is thanks to free dining making it easier for us.
I foolishly looked at the prices for May, not sure why as I work in a school so no chance of being able to go then! The price difference was £3,500! We went last year but will definitely be only be able to afford one more trip at those prices 😕
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Same here, We will not be staying onsite without free dining We just like to know so we can make other plans...
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Before we had kids we were spoilt. We went a few times in September, good prices and low crowds. We are lucky that we have been this year, we did a 9 night trip in February half term for my DH’s 50th, it would be nice to have something to look forward for next year, and if it can’t be orlando we’ll go somewhere else.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
I assume the free dining thing is to get you to stay totally on site and spend all your money on site! Without it there’s no reason to stay on Disney property. It’s much better value to stay off site really.
Everyone I know that goes to Florida only stays at Disney for the dining. I’ve met lots of Americans staying on site, they generally only seem to be there for a few days. It’s the Europeans who go for 2 weeks.
I assume their business model is based on full occupancy which is easier with people on longer stays.
If flights go up in price there’s going to have to be some incentives to offset the cost for us.
I go solo and can't drive. That's my main reason for staying on site. Nothing to do with free dining. I can use the Magical Express for the airport and Disney transport while I'm there. I do love being in the Disney bubble too.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I go solo and can't drive. That's my main reason for staying on site. Nothing to do with free dining. I can use the Magical Express for the airport and Disney transport while I'm there. I do love being in the Disney bubble too.
I’d be afraid driving in Orlando and am a terrible nervous back seat driver so dh would Be nagged/scarred to death with me in the car. I love the luxury of not having to take your bags and them arriving in your room.
We stayed offsite and used taxis and shuttles and going to Disney just took so long. On-site is more relaxed for me
Old 27 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If no free dining we will go with one of the partner hotels at Disney springs for the 60FP and transport. Easy to eat offsite from there also
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
If no free dining we will go with one of the partner hotels at Disney springs for the 60FP and transport. Easy to eat offsite from there also
This is exactly our plan. Probably go with lake buena vista place as my husband has stayed there before and said it’s a gorgeous hotel
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieEars22
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
I didn't know you could get 60FP in partner hotels, thanks for posting that. Definitely something to look into if free dining isn't released.
MinnieEars22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Is lake buena vista an associate hotel