Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
We transferred from 5 nights with free qsdp at POR july 2020 to the same package and dates july 2021.

We had free dining and a $300 in gift cards

We lost both and had to stump up another €243 for our 2021 booking.

We also had to pay extra for our 21 day ult tickets (which I gather are no longer on sale and I may 'lose' these too as I hear they are being swapped for 14 days and reimbursement of the price difference (€50)!

So plan B was to go at Xmas and I booked all most of my DVC points to do it BUT thats not now an option because they wouldnt sell me any 2020 tickets (i missed the deadline by about 2 days! )

So now Plan B is to downgrade to a value resort and pay for qsdp
Plan C is to leave it and go to Universal

Plan D-is to throw it all up in the air and either forget it (Plan E) OR see where it lands(Plan F)!

or should I also add the word -off...-You get the idea!

Sorry don't mean to be rude.
Oh, no 🙁..feel for you.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

My current plan is keep waiting - and decide when we have flight prices for end of sept 2021 unless free dine is released in the meantime,
If flight/ticket prices and COVID allows it will be either a neighbour hotel (maybe clarion inn?) with a sleep over at HRH & maybe DVC points for BLT,
Or maybe BLT with DVC points,
If free dining is likely a moderate with upgraded DDP

Otherwise, Feb 2022, And the pros and cons start again!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have booked 6 nights Boston, 6 nights Sapphire Falls, 4 nights Pop Century for May 2021, balance is due mid Feb so hoping that a lot improves in the next 8 months

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So Plan A was May 2021 at wilderness lodge. We toyed with the idea of Plan B being to suck up the loss of free dining and pay for DDP. We are now on Plan C which is to just forget Florida altogether in 2021.
With the removal of all dining plans, having to reserve your parks at the time of booking, no idea whether WL will be open on the reopening list and with Virgin Atlantic being so unbelievably wobbly, especially with the treatment of people waiting for refunds, everything is telling me to stay clear in 2021.
We have 100% decided we will not be going next year and will wait until at least 2022.
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I have booked 6 nights Boston, 6 nights Sapphire Falls, 4 nights Pop Century for May 2021, balance is due mid Feb so hoping that a lot improves in the next 8 months

I'm sure it will Nicki!

Countries need to get up and running again and I think governments are beginning to prioritise economies.
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
I'm sure it will Nicki!

Countries need to get up and running again and I think governments are beginning to prioritise economies.
I totally agree, surely it can only improve now! Selfishly i need Virgin to survive, masks to no longer be mandatory and bars allowed to trade again before Feb

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
I’m living in hope for free dining in August, but as we were originally planning for Oct 20 (then Oct 21) before having to move to Aug 21 we were already planning to pay OOP for DDP. I am happy to pay for it.
If they do eventually do a free dining offer my hope is to move to OKW or SSR with the saving.
Hi,
We are re booked for Nov/Dec 2021 with Virgin package - paid DDP. DDP has now been cancelled gone from MDE and email from Virgin saying money will be taken off price.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

I suppose if it were me I would go for plan C or plan D. Have a look at how the prices compare and the space. The main thing to budget extra for in Plan D is the price of parking per day.
I think I would probably do Plan D, bar an amazing offer for Plan C (I saw a few offers for Plan C last year which were brilliant value).
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Our plan A was 10 nights onsite at Yacht or Beach Club with DDP in July 2021 followed by a week at a villa. It would have been our first stay onsite and we were really looking forward to sampling all the restaurants we found too expensive in the past. We only did quick service when in the parks and then ate evening meal offsite. With DDP gone and all the changes to the perks we are going to give it a miss. Might revisit in 2023 as we already have plans for 2022.

Plan B is 10 nights RPR followed by a week in a villa. We love this place but have only stayed a max 3 nights before. We love the Universal bubble but were excited by trying Disney for a change. Won’t book anything until we have flights so there is still time for Plan A to happen but it really looks less likely by the day.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
Our plan A was 10 nights onsite at Yacht or Beach Club with DDP in July 2021 followed by a week at a villa. It would have been our first stay onsite and we were really looking forward to sampling all the restaurants we found too expensive in the past. We only did quick service when in the parks and then ate evening meal offsite. With DDP gone and all the changes to the perks we are going to give it a miss. Might revisit in 2023 as we already have plans for 2022.

Plan B is 10 nights RPR followed by a week in a villa. We love this place but have only stayed a max 3 nights before. We love the Universal bubble but were excited by trying Disney for a change. Won’t book anything until we have flights so there is still time for Plan A to happen but it really looks less likely by the day.
I think RPR & universal has a bubble of its own going on, so I’m sure this would be a good plan if that’s what you end up going for.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List