Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Last minute currency help!

I’d planned on reserving and collecting our dollars from travelex on Monday morning at Manchester airport but when I try and do it online it just defaults back to the details and payment details screen when I try to review my order. Is there anywhere else I will be able to get currency on a Sunday as collecting on Monday morning at the airport seems to be a non starter

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Would a Tesco/ supermarket of your choice currency exchange booth work since its likely they’d be open on a Sunday?
tigger48 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post

You might be too late to order now, although agree Tesco is worth a try. We rarely order as we don’t use much cash anyway, just use an ATM at the airport.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missdopey View Post
I’d planned on reserving and collecting our dollars from travelex on Monday morning at Manchester airport but when I try and do it online it just defaults back to the details and payment details screen when I try to review my order. Is there anywhere else I will be able to get currency on a Sunday as collecting on Monday morning at the airport seems to be a non starter
Hi MissD, if you hold a fee free credit card, Halifax Clarity for example, you can withdraw cash surcharge free at a WaWa petrol station - to avoid interest ensure you make an internet payment to Halifax on the same day.

Have a lovely holiday, we're on Bokeelia and the weather is superb for the past two weeks and is due to stay that way all month
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
No. 1 currency is the best high street exchange rate of $128.5 to the £
john lewis if you have one is $128.1
and debenhams is $127.9
M&S £127.8
all open on a sunday
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
No. 1 currency is the best high street exchange rate of $128.5 to the £
john lewis if you have one is $128.1
and debenhams is $127.9
M&S £127.8
all open on a sunday
Thank you! Do you know if we can just walk into the stores and get this rate or do we have to preorder? We would call in to one on the drive to Manchester later as living in rural Cumbria we don’t have stores with Bureau de change.

DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi MissD, if you hold a fee free credit card, Halifax Clarity for example, you can withdraw cash surcharge free at a WaWa petrol station - to avoid interest ensure you make an internet payment to Halifax on the same day.

Have a lovely holiday, we're on Bokeelia and the weather is superb for the past two weeks and is due to stay that way all month
Oooohhh sounds amazing! Enjoy your holiday

We have a Halifax clarity card which we use for a lot of our spending abroad, it’s just the dollars for small purchases and tipping we wanted to get so all is not completely lost and why I left it to the last minute as it wasn’t really a priority and I just presumed I’d be able to get it at travelex as I have in the past. Good to know about the free withdrawals at WaWa, we’ve never withdrawn cash from the card before so that’s something new.
I presume we would need internet banking set up for the HCC to make the payment, probably too late to sort that now

DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Try the mse travel money calculator as it'll find the best rates near you.
travelmoney.moneysavingexpert/
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by missdopey View Post
Oooohhh sounds amazing! Enjoy your holiday

We have a Halifax clarity card which we use for a lot of our spending abroad, it’s just the dollars for small purchases and tipping we wanted to get so all is not completely lost and why I left it to the last minute as it wasn’t really a priority and I just presumed I’d be able to get it at travelex as I have in the past. Good to know about the free withdrawals at WaWa, we’ve never withdrawn cash from the card before so that’s something new.
I presume we would need internet banking set up for the HCC to make the payment, probably too late to sort that now
I wouldn't worry too much about making the payment the same day as if you leave it to statement day it'll only cost about 1%. I always do mine when I come back.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about making the payment the same day as if you leave it to statement day it'll only cost about 1%. I always do mine when I come back.
That’s good to know! Thank you

DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR