Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Just looked on park hours and MNSSHP is still on for the 13th of August. I thought this would be one of the first things they would cancel x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Just looked on park hours and MNSSHP is still on for the 13th of August. I thought this would be one of the first things they would cancel x x
I suspect that hasn't been updated yet.

In case anyone has missed it, Disney have issued some new park hours as listed here on this thread:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14491491

Those changes go up to the end of October.

It looks like Epcot won't open until 11am in the morning, MK will close at 7pm and AK will close at 6pm.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
xxMissyxx
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We really don't know what to do! 7 of us going DIY on 11th August, staying in a villa. Our main concern is one of our party will be a 9 month old baby, Mum is not happy travelling on a plane and feels it is too risky with the virus. We don't know if to hold out and hope they cancel or to see what happens in a month or so. Plus we have paid a deposit on our disney tickets, one of our party read somewhere that Americans get priority and those already with tickets, so not sure where we stand there. So much to think about!
xxMissyxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

In case anyone has missed it, Disney have issued some new park hours as listed here on this thread:

It looks like Epcot won't open until 11am in the morning, MK will close at 7pm and AK will close at 6pm.
It includes the reduced hours for the other parks so thought it was updated. I guess we'll just have to wait and see 👍
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

I'm a little concerned about the park hours. If masks are required we were hoping to do mornings and evening but if parks are only open at the hottest points of the day it may be a little uncomfortable.
On the positive side until they do the soft openings I think things may change and be adjusted and hopefully one of those things is park hours. 3 weeks ago we seemed miles away from where we are today and we are still 6 weeks from full opening and 2 months from when we will hopefully arrive.
I think Disney will be a well oiled machine by august
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have thought they’d want the park hours to be longer to spread the load of people more. Maybe it’s just initial thinking and will be changed once they get going.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by osmscs View Post
There’s nothing about the 10 day change on their website.
Was this for hotel and tickets? We have booked hotel and tickets and are due to pay at the end of June for our August trip. Paying 10 days before would be great
Called again today to ask another question and spoke to a different person. She confirmed it was literally just changed yesterday so it's quite new information. Supposed to be our fastpass day tomorrow but now in disarray with the changes to hours and also system offline. Going to be dreaming about not being able to get on anything all night!

Edited at 11:13 PM.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
osmscs
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by POFQfan View Post
Called again today to ask another question and spoke to a different person. She confirmed it was literally just changed yesterday so it's quite new information. Supposed to be our fastpass day tomorrow but now in disarray with the changes to hours and also system offline. Going to be dreaming about not been able to get on anything all night!
Thanks, this is great news.

I read before that people’s fastpasses made for July (post opening) have been deleted. So whether you’ll even be able to make tour choices is up in the air.
osmscs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Just tried to order Disney tickets on the UK site. Will see what happens. Those of you who also do not have tickets issued yet, will you still go if it's a parkless trip?
We're having this discussion right now. We're booked to stay for a month. 2 weeks in Keys, West Coast etc and 2 weeks in Orlando. We've already got Universal and DC ultimate. So plenty enough to keep us busy without Disney. BUT... I've been to Orlando twice before and not been to Disney, I swore that I wouldn't miss it the third time! But not worth cancelling our trip for. As long as we can do a cheeky 7/10 days next year to do the Disney parks...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
We tried out our cloth Disney themed masks DH bought from Etsy, this morning whilst litter picking in the park. Initially I felt uncomfortable but I got used to it and doing things distracted me from the fact I was wearing one. My 4 year old was as good as gold with it and didn't mind at all. I think he was just excited that it was a Mickey one! My 6 year old whinged initially and was actually more of a pain with it but I bribed him with one of free star wars books a lady on my road was giving away and he was soon quiet. We wore them for around an hour and a half in total. I think you just have to get used to them.
We’re looking to get some from Etsy, there just seems to be so much choice though and I’m not sure which to get or how many to get!🤷🏼
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List