Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Disneyfans View Post
Hi we are going to Florida in 10 days time. Where would you like from there? We are doing all 4 disney main parks and universal. Not sure about SeaWorld or kennedy yet and possibly a trip to Clearwater.
Thanks so much for offering that would be wonderful
PM on way ...
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
End of month BUMP
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hello ...its been a long time since I last updated this Thread and a lot has happened in the world meantime ...

Unfortunately one of the casualties has been DD'S wedding in October which has had to be cancelled. She has also lost some of her suppliers who have sadly gone out of business -Wedding cake,flowers and hairdresser .
Her Hen do in a country house in the Cotswold (which was going to bring together 18 old and young ladies) has also bit the dust as the letting company has gone under taking her full payment with them . So there is a lot to try and sort out with insurance and contracts etc

So gutted for them and it is very difficult trying to console our DD on the phone from long distance as you can imagine . Have not been able to see them due to social distancing etc

Her husband to be's family are in South Africa and they cannot book any flights anyway so it really was pointless leaving it any longer to bite the bullet and cancel.

Positives are that the wedding venue and church are able to move the wedding to October 2021.

Of course the biggest and most important thing amongst all this worry and disappointment is that we as a family are all still well.

Another silver lining is that I will have longer to get the photos and hopefully will be able to fill up the book

Not sure if Dibbers will be able to get away on holiday for a while but if anyone does and could take some shots from anywhere at all that would be great
Even hometown photos would be very much appreciated as I do not have many UK ones at all ...so if anyone regularly passes a nice scene while out exercising please consider helping !

Thanks again to each and every one who has already sent me photos I know it will all add up to making a very special book for Rosanna and Patrick...even more so now

Old 28 May 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
So sorry to hear this and that so many of her suppliers have gone under. Sadly it has happened all over.
Hopefully we can get more photos for your book before next October.
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

So sorry to hear your daughters wedding has been affected by this as well. It’s absolutely heartbreaking 💔
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I was only wondering yesterday funnily enough,whether your daughters wedding was still due to go ahead,so I’m really sorry that I’ve come on and found this update.
I’m really sorry to hear,she’s lost so many suppliers and you are all,having to deal with all that,on top of the cancellation of the wedding.
I will definitely take more photos for you,if we ever get away and I’m sure their day will be much more special next year,without all this uncertainty surrounding it.
Tracy x
Old 28 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this - they must be devastated. What a shame too, for the businesses that have had to close their doors. I do hope your DD and her partner manage to get refunds and new bookings sorted out without too much trouble.

Like so many others, we had to cancel our holiday but are hoping to re-book exactly the same (Route 66) for next year so fingers crossed we will still be able to get some pictures for you. Like you say, more time for you to fill the book up!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear about the wedding...maybe in the meantime till next year..you could do a scrap book for the day it should of been...my friends son had to have his wedding cancelled...so she decided to do a scrap book of the times at the moment ...she has put things in like Rainbows made from the grandchildren..toilet paper 😂...the letter from Boris...and loads of sentiments from friends and family...just a little something to help with the wait.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I am terribly sorry to hear this. My sister has postponed her wedding from May til Sept and is hoping that it can still go ahead.
I recognise the name of your DD’s partner as a mutual Facebook friend. Not someone I have ever met but a good friend of a friend. Not sure if it’s the same one however. May well be if there is a bit of an age gap between your DD and her fiancé?
Old 29 May 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you everyone for your kind replies and comments

Like everyone else we will get through this (people are having to deal with far worse I know).

Everything is just such a mess at the moment

I hope Dibbers can all get away on future well earned breaks - and not just because I need your photos .

Small world indeed Mitch84 ! Patrick is indeed older than our DD so must be the same person.

Take care all
x