Notices

Old 27 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 12

Checkout day from the villa. I'll be sad to leave as it's been a relaxing stay here, but time to move on again. Today we checkin to the Hard Rock Hotel for 2 nights.

We packed the cars, stripped the beds and put a load of towels on for washing. The trash was gathered and put out and then it was time to go.

The amazing games room

We got there eventually at 9.00. Checkin was quick even though our room wasn't ready, which we expected. No more having to get photos taken in the hotel for the express pass, they take it at your first ride.

Cars parked we headed in to Islands of Adventure. We did the Hulk, Spiderman, the water ride, King Kong (a first for us, it was excellent), Jurassic Park, Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. I got some frozen butter beer, always a must. I'm not to fussed for the Poseidon walk through so Lilly and I spent some time with the talking fountain. She got absolutely drenched. Then we went to wait for the others and she played in a band and met Puss in Boots. At some point we had some food, I think just after Forbidden Journey. Then we went into Seuss Land and Lilly had a ball riding most things twice.

Tyler completely blocked by the big guy in the front row!

Back row for us.

Just before 3.00 I'd got the text to say our rooms were ready and our cards were active.

By the time we'd finished in Seuss Land gran and papa and Lilly were ready to head back. The other 4 went for another ride on the Hulk.

We got to our rooms which we'd been told earlier would be adjoining, they were next to each other but weren't adjoining. So back to reception. We had booked pool view rooms but they had no adjoining rooms left with pool views so offered us one with “garden views” and $100 per room credit to spend. We thanked her and headed to the new rooms.

We got organised and headed to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, this was Ben's choice. Dinner was good as was our server Doris. We offered to look after the kids if the others wanted to go around Citywalk for a drink, however, we were all too tired so headed back to bed.

Old 27 Oct 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 27 Oct 19 11:52 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day at Universal

Joan
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

You managed a lot at Universal. What a pain about the rooms but 👍for the credit!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List