Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Soooo happy to see u r also hoping to go in July. Keep me posted n would love to know u got there safely n having a magical time. Might bump into u there. 😝
I’m also ok with all the restrictions. As long as I get to do some shopping.😂
My sis n I have this theory that reason Disney is allowing cancellation up to end of June is they want to reduce the capacity. So if by July they could operate with 50 % capacity which I’m so ok with as it means less crowded and less waiting times in queues. 😝 And everything would be soooo clean too.
Donald will want everything open by 4th July I reckon. However, it will be up to UK whether we can fly out or whether US will let us in! I'll sit on a wing as long as I can get there!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would go tomorrow if I were allowed. You do what you feel is right for you.

Fingers crossed for you. x

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
I would go tomorrow if I were allowed. You do what you feel is right for you.

Fingers crossed for you. x
Same 😊

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're being hopeful still. If there's not quarantine and flights are going, we'll go. I'm a teacher and my husband is also a keyworker so I figure we are more at risk in our day to day jobs. There's nothing wrong with looking for the positive. Also I agree how lovely the August positive thread is. My favourite thread on the dibb right now 🙂
Old 18 May 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Keep the hope, I am! 74 days today and this weekend I will be finalising the itinerary read for our fps.

I will go and I will cope with the restrictions, I'm pretty laid back with most things and know we will have a fab time. I also believe we have had it already.

I can't isolate on return as can the children, dh is debatable but if push comes to shove he could.

I just hope that both countries make a rapid turn around!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Everyone has to do what's best for them. For us if our holiday to Universal Cabana Bay is a go then we will be on that plane on the 31st of July. I'm under no illusion just how scary Covid is as my mum had it, fortunately she recovered. We feel as long as we take necessary precautions then risk is the same as being here.
Old 18 May 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don't think you are crazy at all I was hopeful right up until last week that we would still get there on 4th June
We were so looking forward to this holiday I hope by your date flights are going again and quaranteen restrictions are relaxed I personally don't think we are anymore risk of catching covid in the US than we are here I'll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm getting more and more positive by the day. We only booked our 27th July flights last week after our flights to South East Asia were cancelled.

I initially thought there was little chance but as more and more countries start opening up I think there is more chance than not. People will get used to wearing masks and social distancing will become more natural.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
I'm getting more and more positive by the day. We only booked our 27th July flights last week after our flights to South East Asia were cancelled.

I initially thought there was little chance but as more and more countries start opening up I think there is more chance than not. People will get used to wearing masks and social distancing will become more natural.
Wow. I Hope u got a good deal on ur flights. I read it from sky news that I’m some Asia countries they proofed that wearing mask can help to reduce spread of the virus by 75%. I’m guessing wearing masks could be a new normal. So if wearing mask allows me to live my life n continue doing what I want to do then I will do it.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Wow. I Hope u got a good deal on ur flights. I read it from sky news that I’m some Asia countries they proofed that wearing mask can help to reduce spread of the virus by 75%. I’m guessing wearing masks could be a new normal. So if wearing mask allows me to live my life n continue doing what I want to do then I will do it.
I think masks inside and distancing outside will be the new normal. Was thinking today about spraying deodorant, if you do it inside it lingers and spreads but if you do it outside it's gone almost immediately!

I've been hammering the Amex credit cards for 18 months and just had enough avios for these flights. The key is that they're fully cancellable with just an amendment fee of £35.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List