Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

If you call the NHS on 111 they will ask questions to try and diagnose you. They will tell you if you need to go to A&E or see out of hours doctor at the hospital (they make you the appmt and tell you what time to go same day) or a Doctor will call you back to discuss it and offer advice. Best to get checked out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
If you call the NHS on 111 they will ask questions to try and diagnose you. They will tell you if you need to go to A&E or see out of hours doctor at the hospital (they make you the appmt and tell you what time to go same day) or a Doctor will call you back to discuss it and offer advice. Best to get checked out.
We don't have that service here.
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

OP ! I cannot believe with the symptoms you have that you are still seeking advice on a forum. As I said in my earlier post I have had a heart attack, I was showing the same symptoms as you, and like you thought it wasn't anything serious, I am a fit guy, don't smoke, no weight issues etc etc, if it wasn't for my mam getting an ambulance the cardiologist said I would be probably have DIED, stop wasting your time on here and present yourself to hospital as soon as possible.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SgtElias View Post
OP ! I cannot believe with the symptoms you have that you are still seeking advice on a forum. As I said in my earlier post I have had a heart attack, I was showing the same symptoms as you, and like you thought it wasn't anything serious, I am a fit guy, don't smoke, no weight issues etc etc, if it wasn't for my mam getting an ambulance the cardiologist said I would be probably have DIED, stop wasting your time on here and present yourself to hospital as soon as possible.
I did present myself at a hospital, on the advice of my GP nearly 3 weeks ago. After an ECG, blood test and CT with contrast, they said there's nothing wrong with me. There is no chance I'm going back. If you read back, I've said I'll try and see my GP on Monday.
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Go the the Drs, it could be one from any number of things, your Dr won't mind, take care.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

*UPDATE*

I'm still here. I went to the GP today. The letter to the GP after my A&E attendance seemingly said I'd been told to go back to my GP and seek a cardiology referral, which is total rubbish - I was told it was a strain, probably from sleeping funny, and there was nothing more to it.

The GP today was very nice (as was the last one). My chest is clear, my BP is normal, my oxygen saturation is normal, my pulse is normal so she's not sure what the problem is.

She's referred me for lung function tests. She's also referred me to Cardiology for routine screening, as my Dad has recently been advised that his heart problem is probably hereditary. I had Dad's consultant's letter in my bag, so 2 birds one stone.

So the mystery continues. She doesn't think I'm at risk from continuing to do what exercise I can, as long as I listen to my body, and I've been prescribed an inhaler to carry with me, to see if that helps with the breathlessness or wheezing which sets in thereafter.

Thanks again for the advice, glad I went!
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
*UPDATE*

I'm still here. I went to the GP today. The letter to the GP after my A&E attendance seemingly said I'd been told to go back to my GP and seek a cardiology referral, which is total rubbish - I was told it was a strain, probably from sleeping funny, and there was nothing more to it.

The GP today was very nice (as was the last one). My chest is clear, my BP is normal, my oxygen saturation is normal, my pulse is normal so she's not sure what the problem is.

She's referred me for lung function tests. She's also referred me to Cardiology for routine screening, as my Dad has recently been advised that his heart problem is probably hereditary. I had Dad's consultant's letter in my bag, so 2 birds one stone.

So the mystery continues. She doesn't think I'm at risk from continuing to do what exercise I can, as long as I listen to my body, and I've been prescribed an inhaler to carry with me, to see if that helps with the breathlessness or wheezing which sets in thereafter.

Thanks again for the advice, glad I went!
Glad to hear it !

And nice to read your update, so not known but at least it sounds as though they are on the road to ruling stuff out for you. Hope you see a continued improvement.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Pleased to hear you saw your gp and even though they haven’t solved the problem, at least they seem to be following up with tests. I do hope you get a diagnosis to put your mind at rest and treatment to help soon
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Glad to hear you’ve been seen & hope things get better for you, I did say asthma a few days ago, mind you the Drs try & give everyone a pump now
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Glad things are being taken seriously for you. Hopefully more information and reassurance once you have had a few more tests.