Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 22 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mole83 View Post
We went yesterday, and they have changed how they let you in now. We I say that, I saw a video a few weeks ago where people queued up at both doors and then it was a free for all. Well now its 1 door in 1 door out and they only let so many into the store at a time, when we were leaving about 1400 it still had a long queue outside. Oh and they had a load of banshee things also, but DS isn't interested in them so DW left them but did get some other good deals.
It appears a better system. I’ve seen reports that evenings are better but I guess there’s less stock at those times as they probably restock before store opening.

Anyone been late afternoon or early evening recently? Was it busy and was there good stock levels? Just wondering if it’s worth queuing.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
It appears a better system. I’ve seen reports that evenings are better but I guess there’s less stock at those times as they probably restock before store opening.

Anyone been late afternoon or early evening recently? Was it busy and was there good stock levels? Just wondering if it’s worth queuing.
The other evening there was no queue but also lots of empty shelves.
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
The other evening there was no queue but also lots of empty shelves.
Thanks for this.. I did think this would be the case. I loathe the thought of queuing to get in a store but maybe I should do it on first day - jetlag advantage
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We headed to Vineland when we got off our Disney Dream cruise early one morning, before going to the house we booked.

We went to IHOP first for breakfast so got there around 11:00 at a guess. The store was crazy with a queue for the checkouts stretching about three lengths of the store, with most people holding multiple boxes of banshees and/or limited edition Mickey&Minnie dolls.

The assumption I drew was that most of these people were simply buying up as much as they could to re-sell on eBay and the like.

Regardless, for casual visitors such as us, the shop just wasn't worth visiting. We saw a few small items that we would have liked to buy, but there was no way we were going to join the massive line to pay for them, so we just left it.

I didn't realise this shop was now like that much of the time - which is a real shame. We liked popping in once on a trip and seeing if there were any little bits and pieces we liked.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We headed to Vineland when we got off our Disney Dream cruise early one morning, before going to the house we booked.

We went to IHOP first for breakfast so got there around 11:00 at a guess. The store was crazy with a queue for the checkouts stretching about three lengths of the store, with most people holding multiple boxes of banshees and/or limited edition Mickey&Minnie dolls.

The assumption I drew was that most of these people were simply buying up as much as they could to re-sell on eBay and the like.

Regardless, for casual visitors such as us, the shop just wasn't worth visiting. We saw a few small items that we would have liked to buy, but there was no way we were going to join the massive line to pay for them, so we just left it.

I didn't realise this shop was now like that much of the time - which is a real shame. We liked popping in once on a trip and seeing if there were any little bits and pieces we liked.
It’s such a shame. It appears the only way to shop there now and have a chance at getting in, picking up a few things and paying is to be among the first in the queue. It will be character warehouse fastpasses next!
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

I might of missed the post or am just a bit dumb, but why has it got mega busy? Have the prices dropped more and better stock?
Don't get me wrong I have had a few bargains over the years, but never anything I would wait in a huge line for.
Last year we got some lovely pins and a gorgeous baby Mickey, we waited about 5 minutes to be served then. I did say to Hubby it seemed busy than normal then, but nothing like what is happening now.
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magnolia dream View Post
I might of missed the post or am just a bit dumb, but why has it got mega busy? Have the prices dropped more and better stock?
Don't get me wrong I have had a few bargains over the years, but never anything I would wait in a huge line for.
Last year we got some lovely pins and a gorgeous baby Mickey, we waited about 5 minutes to be served then. I did say to Hubby it seemed busy than normal then, but nothing like what is happening now.
I can’t confirm this but I think it’s the influx of ‘personal shoppers.’ I know there are several that post on YouTube a couple of time per week showing stock at both character warehouse outlets and then they charge a fee and post them to people.

There’s also a high number of eBayers that buy up lots of bargains like certain dresses, spirit jerseys and recently banshees to sell for profit. There’s a similar thing that happens with Primark Disney items on eBay. For example pyjamas that are Ł10 in Primark but Disney branded will often end up on eBay for Ł18-20.

Stock changes and constant sellouts mean that people will some times pay these prices as you may not be able to get hold of the item otherwise.

Just my theory, I could be wrong.
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went s few days ago, the line was about 100 people queuing to get in at 10am. A woman said it was worse she had seen. Kids really wanted to go in so we waited it out. Saw people walking past with bags full of Star Wars bb8 robots. Witnessed some extreme friendly behaviour between “personal shoppers” and staff. Close conversations followed by the appearance of boxes and first dibbs to the merch hogs.
Old 22 Aug 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I believe the banshees, when we were in there a couple of weeks ago, were being sold for $10 which is quite a saving on those in the park.

Another thing I noticed, although this was two years ago, was a woman returning a huge number of items, with some being multiples of the same thing. My guess then was that she's bought a load of stuff to sell on at a profit, and was returning the stuff that hadn't sold.

All a shame for those that just want to pick up a couple of pins or a mug or something, but I'm struggling to see what Disney can do now the genie is out of the bottle.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I've been twice over the last week and a bit but both times in the evenings. The store hasn't been busy but it has felt a bit "bare" so I guess they put out so much per day in the mornings. There have been lots of t-shirts, costumes and mugs, notebooks, etc. I bought a lovely hoody for $15. I did see the Kate Spade totes but thought $45 was too much for a canvas bag with a designer name on it. There was a sign for Dooney bags last time but the shelf was empty.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List