Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for the changing booking info, that’s all really helpful. I will be making notes ready to book next spring 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

That sangria must have been bad if you preferred water 😂

We enjoyed Biergarten but we were lucky with the young couple we shared our table with. I think communal eating can be awkward though. We didn’t have any music when we ate there 😢 It was the first sitting of the day and very empty, only around 2-3 tables filled so I don’t think they had any entertainment because of that. We may try it next time as I think Rob would enjoy it so hopefully there will be music then 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Narcoossee’s looks lovely, we really enjoyed the steak and lobster last time and I’m sure we will be again in October! 😂

I’ve never fancied Biergarten I think it’s cos I associate it with beige food and lacking colour (dare I say boring! 🤭 )

😂 funny about the Bat, we’ve had a few in our house over the years! We are surrounded by trees and have them living in the eves of our house. I have to say it is weird when you see them flying about up and down. We even had one once just sitting there at the bottom of the stairs next to the dog both looking up at me! 😂 🦇

I can’t believe you are home so soon it feels like you only just went! 😆

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I did. I booked it when the free dining came out but I haven't told Mr G. I just booked a preferred room at POR for 1 person for a week just incase. I've been dropping hints but we haven't had a full on conversation about it yet. Hopefully after Christmas!

Oh no way I'm hoping for the last 2 weeks of August (Around 14th) and 1st week of September (it's our 10th wedding anniversary in September) typical I'm looking forward to the trip report too to see how you got on at FQ

Wow you really were powering through those snacks! Way to go. Shame about the drinks though, Disney should be consistent really.

Such a shame about Biergarten, I know how much you ummed and ahhed about it but at least you know it isn't for you. Colette will be disappointed. I hope the jetlag isn't too bad xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Haha we've been Anti-Antojitos for a while as we had a bit of a rubbish experience there but maybe a cocktail can change our minds

And no...the Universal tickets were 100% a bargain
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Really the best thing about Biergarten is the entertainment value of the buffet plates 😂
I can't believe you had a bat in your house, it's bad enough when we get a fly in, with 2 flies it's positively mayhem!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Dh really fancied beirgarten but I’ve never been keen. I think I’ll move the never been keen to a solid no now! 😂

A bat, it’s like something out a horror film or a Stephen King book. I’d have had a wee accident to myself especially when dealing with the home day tiredness as well.

Your nachos and margaritas at BB look really nice.
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Some entertaining buffet plates! I’m pleased you finally gave in and tasted some desserts you can’t not sample the Black Forest after your own eat around the world nights! How’s the bat situation?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Omg, a bat! The half asleep state I am always in by that point of the evening on travel day I don't think I would have a clue what was going on!

I had similar feelings about Biergarten - I thought I would love it, but the food just didn't wow me that much sadly. I did enjoy the show, but I do not enjoy the communal seating either.
I was totally in a sleep state to be woken up on the sofa by screams (not an exaggeration) of a bat

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
The countdown is deceptive because we’re off to Universal first - so the big day is Tuesday, I’ve booked the day off work and have got many lists for Mark to follow so I’m hoping we’re ready! Bet I won’t sleep on Monday night

Those nachos and margs look amazing...BB is closed when we’re there sadly or that would definitely be in my plans.

What a shame about Biergarten, but at least you’ve tried it now - must be fun to tick them all off! Are there many places left that you haven’t tried? Always hard to pass up old favourites though I imagine.
That's a shame BB is closed when you are there as the nachos and marg combo is good

There are loads of places we've never been to, it's so hard to fit everything in, especially when you have old favourites firmly on the must do list.

Good luck for your FPs. I think a lot of Dibbers do Universal before the Disney stay so you're probably in the majority it's just I like the magical express from the airport

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Grand Martini and S’mores it is - I’m desperate to try some and warm gooey marshmallows sound perfect 🤤

Omg! A bat?! I have no home day stories to compete with that! That’s insane... I’m shuddering just reading about it!
Yep, fortunately no bat last night

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ohhh those nachos and margaritas - they look like heaven. BB is closed for my trip but I’m off to search of TL has something similar Which is a resounding no

Biergarten has never appealed due to the communal seating but then Teppan Edo has never been too bad. Strudel looked fab!
Shame TL can't offer any nachos, I don't remember seeing them there. Lots of fried fish, prawns and chicken. I agree we've liked Teppan Edo too, but I was a bit more put off by the seating at Biergarten I think because it was clearly a table for 8 with 4 each side. At TE you're all just facing the chef. I'm sure there are people who love the idea of meeting new people, it's just we are not those people!

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thank you for the changing booking info, that’s all really helpful. I will be making notes ready to book next spring 😀
Glad it was helpful x

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That sangria must have been bad if you preferred water 😂

We enjoyed Biergarten but we were lucky with the young couple we shared our table with. I think communal eating can be awkward though. We didn’t have any music when we ate there 😢 It was the first sitting of the day and very empty, only around 2-3 tables filled so I don’t think they had any entertainment because of that. We may try it next time as I think Rob would enjoy it so hopefully there will be music then 😀
Yep, the sangria has made it onto my 'Misses' list and sad to say so has Biergarten. The atmosphere and entertainment was excellent though. Our reservation was for 6.30, but we were about 20 minutes late and got in about 6.55. I think the band started up just after 7pm and then were back on again around 8pm (8.15 according to the time on the photos I took!)

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Narcoossee’s looks lovely, we really enjoyed the steak and lobster last time and I’m sure we will be again in October! 😂

I’ve never fancied Biergarten I think it’s cos I associate it with beige food and lacking colour (dare I say boring! 🤭 )

😂 funny about the Bat, we’ve had a few in our house over the years! We are surrounded by trees and have them living in the eves of our house. I have to say it is weird when you see them flying about up and down. We even had one once just sitting there at the bottom of the stairs next to the dog both looking up at me! 😂 🦇

I can’t believe you are home so soon it feels like you only just went! 😆

Kat
It went way too quickly Kat

We've had birds in the house but never a bat. I doubt he could have been in here long as surely we would have spotted some droppings. I think your bat watching you from the stairs is a bit weird though

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I did. I booked it when the free dining came out but I haven't told Mr G. I just booked a preferred room at POR for 1 person for a week just incase. I've been dropping hints but we haven't had a full on conversation about it yet. Hopefully after Christmas!

Oh no way I'm hoping for the last 2 weeks of August (Around 14th) and 1st week of September (it's our 10th wedding anniversary in September) typical I'm looking forward to the trip report too to see how you got on at FQ

Wow you really were powering through those snacks! Way to go. Shame about the drinks though, Disney should be consistent really.

Such a shame about Biergarten, I know how much you ummed and ahhed about it but at least you know it isn't for you. Colette will be disappointed. I hope the jetlag isn't too bad xx
Aahh, good idea 'just in case' hopefully the conversation will go well, I'll keep everything crossed for you. Looks like we won't overlap though it will be good if you can celebrate your anniversary there.

Jet lag was terrible last night I had long patches of not actually sleeping that will teach me to crow that I had already conquered it!

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
Haha we've been Anti-Antojitos for a while as we had a bit of a rubbish experience there but maybe a cocktail can change our minds

And no...the Universal tickets were 100% a bargain
We had the worst table at Antojitos - you'll see later in the report, basically two small round tables pushed together out on the patio. Dreadful I should have said no really, but it was gone 8pm and we were all hungry. The cocktail though was fab.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Really the best thing about Biergarten is the entertainment value of the buffet plates 😂
I can't believe you had a bat in your house, it's bad enough when we get a fly in, with 2 flies it's positively mayhem!
Agreed the kids outdid themselves.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Dh really fancied beirgarten but I’ve never been keen. I think I’ll move the never been keen to a solid no now! 😂

A bat, it’s like something out a horror film or a Stephen King book. I’d have had a wee accident to myself especially when dealing with the home day tiredness as well.

Your nachos and margaritas at BB look really nice.
I'm sorry to say I won't try and talk you into Biergarten, but I'm not too unhappy there have to be some places on the not to be repeated list.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Some entertaining buffet plates! I’m pleased you finally gave in and tasted some desserts you can’t not sample the Black Forest after your own eat around the world nights! How’s the bat situation?
We only had the two self service buffets this trip so sadly lacking in the buffet entertainment area.

The Black Forest was like a swiss roll though, it tasted right, but I am a traditional girl and I like it to look like an actual Black Forest cake .

I'm now thinking the bat was a one off incident and not that he was roosting in the chimney, that's what I'm telling myself anyway

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 10 breakfast at POFQ, lunch at DS and dinner at HS

This was planned to be a lazy day with the pool in the morning, Disney Springs for lunch and then off to HS for the Star Wars fireworks. And actually that's exactly how it turned out

We didn’t have an ADR planned either so it was QS and snacks all day. I hoped this would help with the balance . We did manage to use up 11 QS, which is of course over the ‘allowance’ of 6 per day as technically it’s one each, we also scoffed 16 snacks, but as we have 12 per day this isn’t so great and not really anything to get excited about. It does mean plenty of food photos today though

The kids, Dave and myself shared 2 QS breakfasts, yes we got alcohol for later Dave was a bit wary about this but I convinced him they were used to it. At some point though we knew we'd actually have to start drinking the drinks we had in the fridge in the room

We had chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and sausage, this was mainly for Max as he was cross when I’d got the berry pancakes previously.

So, even though it was supposed to QS shared between 2 really Dave, Kate and me shared the eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes and biscuit, although the other two grabbed a sausage each from Max.

While at the pool the kids were hungry How?

So, Max had a gluten free chocolate chip cookie, he raved about these (we got some of these when using up our credits and as far as I can tell it’s just a pre packaged cookie).

Dave fancied ice cream, so got a scoop of vanilla. Not sure why this is not in a pot and is in a plastic container, maybe they don’t have the little pots?

Kate had Cheetos because she loves them.

And unsurprisingly Dad had Beignet’s because he loved them I had a bit too and they are tasty, but I’m not sure I could manage a whole one and certainly not three.

For lunch at DS we fancied pizza, so of course we went to Blaze. We shared 1 pizza between two, so 3 QS credits used here.

I shared with Max and he went along picking out all the meat, I asked for olives on one half, but they were scattered a bit too liberally so I had to pick some off of Max’s half. Plus in the end I only had 2 slices and ended up picking the olives off of the other slice for Max.

Dave shared with Kate as they both fancied BBQ chicken, but he panicked when they asked about the toppings while they were in line and said just give us everything so their pizza looks a bit mental.

Dad and Mum also had a bit of a panic, but they liked their pizza. Dad grabbed the chili flakes and hot sauce too.

We got 3 beers with this, plus used up 3 snack credits for sodas.

We all wanted to try a bit of the sriracha hot sauce Dad had got for his pizza, well Kate and me did as we like the you tube channel Tasty (they always seem to use sriracha).

I quite like spicy foods and so does Kate, but Dave and Max aren’t really fans but they gave in and tried some. Mum stayed well and truly clear.

It was quite nice, very much like tobasco I think. I put a little of it on the pizza plate for us to dip our fingers into.

Waiting for it to kick in!

Then the kids went to World of Disney while the rest of us went to Dockside Margarita’s.

I had the habanero lime margarita and it was very good and very strong and Dave had the rum runner, this was really tasty too.

Mum had the frozen strawberry which she liked.

The three drinks came to $40.75.

There was a singer setting up and she was pretty good. Halfway through the marg Max appeared and said Kate was still looking. I started to fear that my rather loose parenting style wasn’t such a good idea (the thought of having to explain that I had lost my children while sitting drinking a marg made me get up ) so I went off in search of Kate with Max. It didn’t take too long to find her even though World of Disney was manic and I had had a beer and half a marg .

Once Kate had made her decision (saving that for the trip report) we went back to the others and I downed the rest of the marg and we went off to Ghiradelli’s for pudding. 6 snack credits used here Hurrah!

Max went for the chocolate brownie, why oh why did he not choose ice cream? He liked it though so at least he was happy.

I had butter pecan and so did Mum. Kate and Dave both had cookie dough. Dad had mint choc chip. We all enjoyed the ice cream.

That evening we went to Backlot Express at HS as the kids had fancied burgers at lunch (they were keen to go to D-Luxe which we never made it to in the end, another one for next year).

We ordered 6 QS meals and for the drinks we got 2 strawberry daiquiris, 2 frozen margaritas and 2 beers. I had one daiquiri and one margarita, so did Dave . Mum and Dad had the beers!

The food took absolutely ages to come out here, at least 15 minutes…but it gave time for the frozen drinks to start melting and they tasted pretty good less frozen.

Mum had the Caprese sandwich, she liked it. Max had chicken tenders and fries, Kate had the bacon cheeseburger and me.

Dave and Dad had the special burger which I think had pulled pork in it as well as bacon and cheese.

We also ordered 2 soda drinks and Max had the raspberry frozen slushy, this was the blue drink it didn’t have alcohol.

I like the burgers at Backlot and they didn't disappoint today , they are firm favourite for us at HS which is a good thing as there aren't a huge amount of options really.

Day 10 Credits

Snacks - 4 at the pool, 3 as drinks at Blaze, 6 at Ghiradelli’s, 3 on drinks at Backlot. That’s 16 snacks, so leaving us with 67 snacks remaining and just 3 more onsite nights to use them .
QS 2 used for breakfast, 3 at Blaze, 6 at Backlot which is 11 used in one day, leaving us with 30 remaining.
No TS today, so still 24 remaining, this was the only balance I was 100% confident on!

Next up, back to AK and some great snacks (cookies for breakfast) and Flametree BBQ for lunch, plus dinner at Storybook Dining which is a first for us all and was one I had been looking forward to for a long time, unfortunately I had a really bad headache and didn't feel great in the evening so I didn't enjoy SBD as much as I thought I would.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List