Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Ladies and gentlemen of The Dibb, meet our resident dinosaurs... luckily I'm younger than both (specially that awld fart Gadgey Mick) but I sort of remember hearing about petrol in years gone by.

Bear in mind that whilst our resident dinosaurs deserve the utmost respect it's not compulsory, don't bother, I never do...
Oway Bonny Lass.

With all the time you've spent in Bokeelia I'm sure you've visited the Edison Ford Winter Estate in Fort Myers. We were there about 10 years ago and I'm sure there was a model T Ford on display with a dedication card written by Henry himself saying "This was one of the first off the production line commissioned by a young lady from Co Durham in England"

Mick
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Oway Bonny Lass.

With all the time you've spent in Bokeelia I'm sure you've visited the Edison Ford Winter Estate in Fort Myers. We were there about 10 years ago and I'm sure there was a model T Ford on display with a dedication card written by Henry himself saying "This was one of the first off the production line commissioned by a young lady from Co Durham in England"

Mick
Very good Gadgey, not lost it I see. BTW, I did also click to quote MrT too, but somehow it didn't apply, do you think he reported and a mod removed my quoting him, he can't escape getting older but may not be ageing as graciously as you are... BTW, TC told me to say that with LindaElaine pushing too, they are such trouble-makers, and Linda's Jo being such a canny lass, must be her da's genes...

Petrol on the island was $1.99.9 a US gallon yesterday, with my Shell card, $1.94.9.
Old 25 Mar 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Fill up while u can because when we lockdown and re open there literally will be panic buying for people to go out haha No seriously it's funny how it has taken this to show just how much profit they are making on petrol normally. I filled up Friday at the high price and got 3/4 tank left with not being out since monday. Hubby still working so is loving this price.
We're not going to run out of petrol because world consumption is way down and Russia and Saudi are having a peeing competition.

I'm more concerned because I can't find chicken breasts anywhere
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
In the refinery the rates are at minimum but motor spirit is still being made, do you know how hard and long it takes for a refinery to stop production.
I know what you mean. I heard once bottled water is more expensive (litre per litre) than petrol. No idea if it was true or is true. Prices were extremely low already so who knows what’s coming!
Old 26 Mar 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Lad on another forum posted this, but I doubt 80p a litre can be right?

Edited at 08:44 AM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Filled my car up yesterday at Morrisons 109 for diesel, couldn't believe it when I drove up & saw it! That'll last me for goodness how long now, I'm only using my car to deliver shopping to someone once a week now, even once I am back in work I only have a 10 minute drive each day!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

99p Costco Gateshead
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Typical! Filled both cars before lockdown in case of emergencies and not used cars since.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Apparently they're running out of oil storage, in the papers yesterday. Massive drop in demand I guess. Think prices will stay low for a while.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Paid £1.02 for petrol at Asda. At the local garage - can’t remember if it’s a BP... it was £1.24! That’s a big difference in price.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List