Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 May 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redriva View Post
ours is a hard shell one ...
I have wanted one for about 7 years but it never seemed to be the right time to spend that amount but with less other expenses this year, and knowing we would get way more use out of it, the stars alligned and it seemed the perfect time

We are completely loving it!
Can I ask where you ordered it from?

I keep looking and find they all have good and bad reviews - it doesn't help that we sometimes use our neighbours and they only paid about £3K for theirs - so DH doesn't want to pay £4.5 etc
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Have you looked at costco costco/Garden-Shed...s/c/cos_9.9.1?
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had a hot tub for 15 years we have an arctic spa. They are trouble sum after about 4 years and do cost quite a bit too run. I personally wouldn't have another one, not because they can be troublesome but they are just very expensive for the use you get.
Old 5 May 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have had one of the Lay-Z spa hot tubs for a couple of years now and have used it all year round. It punctured last month so we decided to get a hard shell Spa. Only problem is, I thought it would be good idea to build a summer house for it. Now my husband is building a summer house at the bottom of the garden for a hot tub and indoor gym Its keeping him busy whilst his business has been open part time

We will buy ours from Costco, I think.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We have had one of the Lay-Z spa hot tubs for a couple of years now and have used it all year round. It punctured last month so we decided to get a hard shell Spa. Only problem is, I thought it would be good idea to build a summer house for it. Now my husband is building a summer house at the bottom of the garden for a hot tub and indoor gym Its keeping him busy whilst his business has been open part time

We will buy ours from Costco, I think.
This sounds fab!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We bought a lay-z spa too (the St Tropez) a few years back and enjoy it although we do pack it away in the winter. We’ll no doubt be using it more this summer since I cancelled our Orlando trip for this August. We use the waterproof lights that go in the water too of an evening that the kids like.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

We recently brought ours for around £4000 5 seats 2 recliners lights, speakers and fountains including delivery and set up from a company called a Blue Whale Spas. Really pleased with it 😊
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emwratten View Post
We recently brought ours for around £4000 5 seats 2 recliners lights, speakers and fountains including delivery and set up from a company called a Blue Whale Spas. Really pleased with it 😊
We also have a hot tub from blue whale spa. We’ve had it 2 1/2 years and was approx 4K with one recliner. We drained it last winter when we went on holiday and the pipes iced up so you have to be careful. Cost us a new heating pump 😳. We go in it every other night and love it
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Are these La z Spa any good? I read on Hot Deals that they lose heat quick, cost a lot to run and the pump breaks and has to be taken inside in the cold. Any truth to any of this from users on here? Thanks.
Old 10 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

We inherited one when we bought ur current house in 2012...it was in the downstairs loo & had made that & the kitchen damp! Had it checked over, told it was a great one & then emptied it out the lid on & planned to move it to the garden when we renovated.
Renovation/extension started Oct 2018 & hot tub was rolled out on scaffolding poles onto pieces of hardboard on the grass ... it’s still there as house isn’t finished & place the hot tub is going still has a shed on it but hopefully all finished by summer 2021!
We need a new lid as the builders used it as a table 😡 & it’s got paint & little tears in it so the company that come to re position it will fully cleanse it inside & out, replace the lid, fit a new... : (something- can’t remember what, but it leaked when we tested it before moving it outside & they said to wait until it’s in its new location to fix it)
It is going at the back of the garden behind the new outbuilding on a new concrete slab with a glass gazebo around it to stop the leaves from the woods behind us falling in when we’re in it.
Enjoy yours.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List