Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 May 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Banked 2019 Points - Updated Phoned Member Services

Hi guys

I have an April use year and banked my 2019 points to book this August using them and 2020 points.

It’s looking increasing like we will have to cancel our August booking, what happens to our 2019 points?

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022

Edited at 08:43 PM.
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post

i have banked 2019 points, i planned for a few nights when were over in Aug, 6 nights in CB, then 2 weeks in our marriott, so the plan was to have a few nights in them 2 weeks so we could have a drink , but Aug looks unlikely at best

so i contacted DVC to see what i could do, they said i have to use them before May 31 next year, which really is no good to us as we have to go in Aug, so i guess i will have to rent them out or just lose them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Andi I don’t think there’s any exception to not being able to bank twice. Edit- see post below.

So your points will expire April 2021.

So two options. Rent the points. You may want to consider making a booking at a peak time and renting that instead.

Or transfer them to RCI.

I have an Xmas booking (144 points) and my banking deadline is September if they don’t relax the banking rules then (these points are this years’). I have already appreciated we may not know for sure if we are going or not by end of September. So I’m planning now to maybe rent it out assuming domestic visitors can go, or will bank into RCI if it is cancelled maybe November.

Edited at 08:31 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Correction Andi- if your booking gets cancelled so far they have allowed owners to extend April and June use year points only so it looks like you are covered if that continues to August and the hotel is still closed. May not apply if it’s open and we cannot travel though. I’d ring member services for more detail. Apparently though the deal is a 6 month extension to these points so may or may not be helpful.
Would allow you to get another rental booked to rent or allow more time to rent points though.

Edited at 08:33 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, I will give Member Services a call this week to see where I stand.

If DVC cancelled my booking then the points might carry over but I have a sinking feeling if I cancel the 2019 points will expire before the end of March.

I had worked so hard to get 7 nights in a 2 bed value studio at AKL.

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Thanks everyone, I will give Member Services a call this week to see where I stand.

If DVC cancelled my booking then the points might carry over but I have a sinking feeling if I cancel the 2019 points will expire before the end of March.

I had worked so hard to get 7 nights in a 2 bed value studio at AKL.
Tell me about it- I walked a Grand Californian for a month!
Old 17 May 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Correction Andi- if your booking gets cancelled so far they have allowed owners to extend April and June use year points only so it looks like you are covered if that continues to August and the hotel is still closed. May not apply if it’s open and we cannot travel though. I’d ring member services for more detail. Apparently though the deal is a 6 month extension to these points so may or may not be helpful.
Would allow you to get another rental booked to rent or allow more time to rent points though.
a 3 month extension would suit us, its not a massive amount of points, but a shame to lose them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I phoned Member Services yesterday, in case I needed to cancel my August trip, to see where I stood with my 2019 banked points, as I have an April use year.

Brian from Member Services said that my banked points from 2019 would expire on 31/3/21 and if I couldn’t use them before then I would probably be best transferring them to RCI.

I mentioned about April and June use years getting an extension but he said that was only for people who had transferred 2018 points into 2019 as they would have expired this year.

Apparently the only way I might get an extension was if Disney was still closed at the end of March next year.

Old 21 May 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not totally au fait with the banking thing so I'd be inclined to call again and hopefully get someone who 'may' be able to help you.
I imagine you read notifications on your DVC dashboard, this is the part I think you're referring to:
We know that some Members had reservations for Disney Vacation Club Resort stays during the closure period using Points that are set to expire. 2019 Use Year Points for April and June that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for these reservations will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. 2018 Use Year Points for April and June that were banked into 2019 and used for these reservations will be extended for six months from their current expiration date. Please note this temporary policy only includes expiring Points that were used to book a stay between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. In addition, to better support Member availability, Disney Vacation Club will not extend the life of our expiring developer Points.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I phoned Member Services yesterday, in case I needed to cancel my August trip, to see where I stood with my 2019 banked points, as I have an April use year.

Brian from Member Services said that my banked points from 2019 would expire on 31/3/21 and if I couldn’t use them before then I would probably be best transferring them to RCI.

I mentioned about April and June use years getting an extension but he said that was only for people who had transferred 2018 points into 2019 as they would have expired this year.

Apparently the only way I might get an extension was if Disney was still closed at the end of March next year.
I would be calling back and asking to speak to a supervisor- quoting their own wording as highlighted above. However will only apply if it’s closed in August still, and still in place so they may just be non commital at this stage.
Question is if international visitors cannot get there! I have asked this question of DVC management but have received no reply.

Edited at 09:42 PM.