Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 15 Feb 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I tried to look for the Morrison’s box but I wonder if I looked in the wrong place as the one I found literally had four recipes and no choice (chilli and meatballs were two of the selections but I can’t now remember the others) - is that right? Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for an actual selection?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I tried to look for the Morrison’s box but I wonder if I looked in the wrong place as the one I found literally had four recipes and no choice (chilli and meatballs were two of the selections but I can’t now remember the others) - is that right? Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for an actual selection?
Have a look and see if this helps

morrisons/food-boxes/eatfresh/recipes
Old 16 Feb 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Have a look and see if this helps

morrisons/food-boxes/eatfresh/recipes
Ah thank you very much! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I just had the Hello Fresh pork loins, with mash, and cabbage and leak. Sauce is made up of the pork loin cooking juice, whole grain mustard, honey, and apple and sage jelly. Out of all the Hello Fresh and Gousto ones this was about my favourite.
Old 28 Mar 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I just had the Hello Fresh pork loins, with mash, and cabbage and leak. Sauce is made up of the pork loin cooking juice, whole grain mustard, honey, and apple and sage jelly. Out of all the Hello Fresh and Gousto ones this was about my favourite.
I had that one on Friday, rather nice. 👍 I think overall our favourite has probably been stir fried hoisin chicken noodles so far!
Old 10 Apr 21, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
I've been trying out the Pasta Evangelists box over the past couple of weeks as they have/had a 30% off your first order offer.

So far I've had:

Orecchiette with Broccoli & Chilli Sauce
Pumpkin & Sage Triangoli with Wild Rocket Sauce
Orecchiette with Sicily's Pistachio Pesto
Vegan Ragù Lasagne "alla Bolognese"

Everything has been delicious! But it's a bit too pricy for me to do on a regular basis as it's around £7 a portion full price. I'll probably get them every so often for special occasions.
I came to this thread to see if Pasta Evangelist had been mentioned as we’ve just discovered them.

So far, we’ve had the lobster, crab tortellini; mafalde with beef shin and Barolo ragu; fettuccine with spicy ‘Nduja sausage with lemon and marscapone; and Nonna Carmela’s tiramisu.

The portion sizes are fantastic and, as I’m counting calories, I’ve been splitting some between lunch and dinner if they aren’t to be shared with the rest of the family (too expensive to waste on them if they don’t enjoy them as much as I do!)

I’ve ordered the Nduja sausage one again as the OH declared this possibly the nicest pasta dish he’d ever tasted. It is comparable to eating at a very good Italian restaurant (though it has been a long while since we’ve lived near one of those). I’ve also ordered the lobster tortellini again. I discovered the company when trawling the ‘net (pun intended) for lobster dishes for my birthday last month and saw these tortellini at Waitrose. I couldn’t get a slot in time for my birthday but I didn’t let that put me off. I haven’t had one that I wouldn’t order again yet. I may not be able to afford the 2021 Floriday at this rate (should I be hoping we’re not allowed in still so I can enjoy more 5 minute pasta dishes?)

The tiramisu is to die for. Nuff said.
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
I came to this thread to see if Pasta Evangelist had been mentioned as we’ve just discovered them.

So far, we’ve had the lobster, crab tortellini; mafalde with beef shin and Barolo ragu; fettuccine with spicy ‘Nduja sausage with lemon and marscapone; and Nonna Carmela’s tiramisu.

The portion sizes are fantastic and, as I’m counting calories, I’ve been splitting some between lunch and dinner if they aren’t to be shared with the rest of the family (too expensive to waste on them if they don’t enjoy them as much as I do!)

I’ve ordered the Nduja sausage one again as the OH declared this possibly the nicest pasta dish he’d ever tasted. It is comparable to eating at a very good Italian restaurant (though it has been a long while since we’ve lived near one of those). I’ve also ordered the lobster tortellini again. I discovered the company when trawling the ‘net (pun intended) for lobster dishes for my birthday last month and saw these tortellini at Waitrose. I couldn’t get a slot in time for my birthday but I didn’t let that put me off. I haven’t had one that I wouldn’t order again yet. I may not be able to afford the 2021 Floriday at this rate (should I be hoping we’re not allowed in still so I can enjoy more 5 minute pasta dishes?)

We tried pasta evangelist but found the meat based sauces to be very salty. We are used to much less salt, so we're a bit disappointed as the underlying flavours were delicious... we tried 4 or 5 dishes, but they were all over salty. Mind you we find the simply cook spices and pastes to be overly salty too, so we've probably just trained our tastebuds with a lower salt diet
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post

Unfortunately the portion sizes just don’t cover us. If I get one single portion, and one double, and buy some bread or garlic bread then it covers us, but DH is looking for more. It’s just too expensive due to that
It’s nice, we’ve had it twice. But just too small
I love salty food so that suited me down to the ground, and they come well packaged, but I ordered a macaroni cheese for 1, wouldn’t cover lunch
Old 26 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

My first venture into these boxes today. Hello fresh chilli beef bowl, delicious! Clean plates all round!
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List