Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The Magic Cure: Day 14 MK and MNSSHP Boo to You!

MK and MNSSHP

We were on the bus at 8:20 and arrived at 8:40. By 9:05 we'd "Buzzed" twice and maxed out, as a side note, I maxed out before J and have the evidence to prove it. Following this we rode pirates twice as I forgot about the pic - doh!

I even took some pics as I was done so early

And for a bit of nostalgia the red head scene

We rode 7DMT next.

Starving, we ordered food at Peco Bill's on the app. John had a southwest burger and I had the beef nachos. J loved churros - who doesn't? - so we bought a portion and 2 drinks $40. We watched a drama unfold as a kid was picked to be the deputy, but he ran off. His parents were fuming . As they had just opened our mobile order was delayed, so we got 2 free mickey straws.

After feeding our faces - a vital part of our day if you've been reading so far - we went on the jungle cruise. We had a great skipper who sang the birthday song and joked about the missing rhino from the totem pole scene. Following this we headed over to Space for our FP and booked another FP for BTM. Loved Space, as always.

We wandered enjoying the park and taking a couple of snaps.

We decided to get a locker seeing as we were going to be at the park for ages today and we had our "costumes" with us. We rented a large locker and then ordered a mickey pants ice cream sundae from the parlour on Main Street $18. It now hold our dish cloth and washing up liquid near our own sink .

Then the rain came, and where were our ponchos? In the locker! We sheltered under an umbrella (or parasol as that is its primary function) and ate our ice cream as the rain came down. Fortunately it was short lived and we managed to avoid getting wet. We rinsed our little sink out and went to the Contemporary for a look round - while we were there is rained again. We messed around in the arcade for a bit then went to get the 7 Seas Lagoon cocktail; it was $30 but massive and delicious.

We wasted a little more time missing this resort and made plans for our next trip.

Once the rain cleared we headed back to the park where we changed into our MNSSHP outfits. This year we went as park maps and got loads of comments. We also had great interaction from the characters looking for their location on us.

We FP Buzz using our BTM FP as it was down and picked up our wristbands.

I'm sure you are concerned about lack of food consumption, as were we, so we nipped to Cosmic Rays for chicken nuggets and toppings bar abuse $26.

We'd learnt a bit from last year's party and we knew the merchandise would be on sale a bit early, J wanted the pins, so we headed to Big Top and made our purchase. It was still not party time, and Ariel had a short queue so we headed in there picking up some magic shots on the way.

Despite picking up the 7 Dwarves pic last year, I wanted it again, so we headed there next. Last year we wasted valuable party time in the queue for them. As there was only a small queue for the Dwarves and Donald and Goofy next door were posted as a 5 min wait we headed in there for some boss interaction. We had a real laugh as the both hunted for their big top on our outfits.

As we exited there was a still short queue for 7 Dwarves and it was coming up to party time so we joined it; we ended up chatting to a family from Leeds who were actually on the same flight home as us. Waving hello in case they read this .

After the coveted pic we dipped in for treats then got drinks while we strategised. If you've never been to the parties you can trick or treat to your hearts content, just look for these stations...

It was only just past 7, so we had the whole party left. We decided there was lots of photopass pics we wanted: headless horseman, lantern at HM, ghost at HM, so we wandered over to BTM to ride it in the dark picking up treats and pictures as we went.

These are our shots taken as we enjoyed the party.

Time for another drink - hydration is important- and I got a HM dessert for $12. It was delicious, the chocolate crisp thing in top and the cream was gorgeous; I'm definitely having another next year!

As we were carrying ridiculous amounts of candy J took it back to be locker. I remained put in the hub saving a great spot for Hallowishes, in front of a garden, but very central. He seemed to be gone for ages, so I started to nervously look for him, and spotted him but he was out of shouting distance! I could see him anxiously wandering. I apologised to the people next to us and asked if they wouldn't mind spreading out to save our spot while I retrieved lost DH. Luckily, they agreed and I chased him down Main Street - apparently he was convinced I was on the other side of the hub, even though I hadn't moved. I'll blame that $30 cocktail from earlier.

We returned to our spot and thanked the family who saved it. Hallowishes is fantastic, even better this year as I didn't have a vlogger sticking a camera in my view and giving a commentary!

We then picked up more treats and waited for the second parade. Again, this was brilliant. I loved the grave diggers - it's my favourite bit difficult to photograph due to the lighting, we'll have to try again this year . Oh, and the headless horseman, he's great too. I show the students at school Sleepy Hollow when we do gothic fiction - any excuse to watch Disney, we also play spot the difference with Mickey's Christmas Carol .

After the parade it was almost the end of the party so we headed to our bus stop. Even though we had a great journey "home" on the bus - there was some communal singing and games - I did watch BLT disappear into the distance as I wistfully thought about how I would already be in bed if we were staying there.

Once back at the room, it was a must to weigh our candy: 4.5kg, between 2 of us...not bad.

Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

MNSSHP sounds brilliant and it sounds like you got everything done that you wanted. More great PhotoPass pics!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Fab outfits and great candy haul
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh I love MNSSHP and your outfits are wonderful! What a great day. 4.5kg is impressive!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
MNSSHP sounds brilliant and it sounds like you got everything done that you wanted. More great PhotoPass pics!
Originally Posted by Leelashpurple View Post
Fab outfits and great candy haul
Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Ooh I love MNSSHP and your outfits are wonderful! What a great day. 4.5kg is impressive!
Thanks all, we found putting candy in the lockers helped as your bag looks empty
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh my where did you get your outfits from. I love the t shirt
I hope that cocktail was a fishbowl for $30 lol . I love mnsshp and this year was the best as we got to meet these .

Oh my word made my night , although it was freezing cold .
Great haul , we managed 8 full bags and they all had to go in the suitcase to get them home. We still have some left .
You really need to do a food report on its own , a pin report and a trippie next time lol. Gives me more to read .
Loving this report .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Oh my where did you get your outfits from. I love the t shirt
I hope that cocktail was a fishbowl for $30 lol . I love mnsshp and this year was the best as we got to meet these .

Oh my word made my night , although it was freezing cold .
Great haul , we managed 8 full bags and they all had to go in the suitcase to get them home. We still have some left .
You really need to do a food report on its own , a pin report and a trippie next time lol. Gives me more to read .
Loving this report .
What a great photo, it great getting a surprise pic. Do you explain to people when they see it, I do with the 7 Dwarves and that's just a rare one

It was a fishbowl and in the the bottom it had alcohol soaked lifesaver sweets... yum.

Trip reports noted. J was saying he'd like to do one of the live photo ones with pins we got each day, so I think that's on the cards this year. I will do the pre Trippie purely on pins after I finish this report, only a few days left , but they are some of the best food days . I've really enjoyed reliving the holiday.

The outfits are one of our faves, J is ordering more t shirts for this trip I think just to wear in the parks. They were lovely and comfortable. I'd order more, but I definitely have too many clothes - although don't tell J just in case I see so thing else
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, the blue colour of the cocktail is amazing. I too am in awe of your Halloween outfits, wonderful. It sounds like another brilliant day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
those mickey kitchen sink bowls are great, we have two of them at home. its become a tradition now and yes we have replicated them at home too, it isnt the same but itll do
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great day and night so much chocolate

Joan