Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Apr 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Garth and Louise's Graduation Celebration June 2017 - Day 12 - Magic Kingdom and Keys to the Kingdom

Welcome to my trip report! The index is here, and day 11 is here.

Saturday 24th June - Day 12
Warning! Today is going to be quite long, very word heavy with not many pictures for a large part of it! We did Keys to the Kingdom today so if you want to avoid inside details then you might want to skip the first half of the day. Here we go!

Our alarm went off at 6am this morning. We were feeling quite tired but we were really excited for the day ahead. My head was super itchy and sore from being sunburned so I had to try really hard not to touch it. As we got ready Garth made himself a coffee and ironed his shorts.

My domestic God! I sorted out the park bag and we were then ready for breakfast. We left the room at half 6.

I took a picture of the fridges in Floatworks this morning.

Beer with breakfast anyone? They do lots of things other than the breakfast items on the menu and there are plenty of chilled drinks to choose from. We ordered 6 beignets but they were cooking them fresh so they told us to go ahead and pay and then come back for them. We used a snack credit. It looked like our normal morning server Mia was having a well-earned day off as we were served by someone else today. When they were ready we took our beignets outside. I loved how quiet it was this time of morning.

You cannot eat them elegantly! They were really hot as they were so fresh but delicious as always. When we were finished we walked over to the bus stop. There was an MK bus just about to pull away so we hot footed over and luckily he waited for us! We were on the bus by 7. My notes say “CLASSIC TUNES” on the bus. Tiki Room, Grim Grinning Ghosts, all the best! We arrived by 7.10. Getting the bus into MK was so easy. We’d have to pay underage driver fees if we’d hired a car but it’s so easy to use the transport I don’t really see any need for us to be hiring a car anytime soon! There was a really friendly guy checking the bags this morning. He said he’d been to England and all he ate was fish and chips Good on him! They checked our name against the list for tours and ADRs and let us in.

The train went by as we were waiting. There were people on there doing the early morning train tour. I’d love to do this, I love trains. While we were waiting we decided to get some photopass pics.

We were let in at 7.50.

Everything looked so beautiful with the sun and with it being quiet. We walked straight to the Town Square Theatre to check in. We got given name badges and we selected menu choices from Tomorrowland Terrace menu. We weren’t sure where we’d be eating and we were a bit let down with Tomorrowland Terrace- it’s not somewhere we’d choose to eat if not on the tour. I chose honey garlic chicken tenders and Garth picked the spicy chicken burger. We both chose cokes. At this point we were given earpieces which were attached to radio things around our necks but they weren’t heavy at all. We were also given a bottle of water each which we put in the backpack. We already had our bottles that we’d bought with us but we weren’t sure how often we’d get chance to fill up so we took them anyway. We sat on the red sofas outside Tony’s and used the loos while we waited. There were a few people around all doing different tours but we’d heard a few people mention KTTK. Soon enough our tour guide Nicholas came and introduced himself. He took us just out the front of the theatre to talk to us. He said he’d worked at Disney for 11 years, starting in entertainment and characters before moving to guest relations and tours. The earpiece we were wearing linked up to his microphone so we could hear him easily even from a while away. You don’t realise how noisy the park is until you have to listen to a tour guide! There were around 15 people on the tour too but I didn’t note anything about them really so they can’t have been too interesting! First he took us down to Roy’s Sharing the Magic statue. We’d never noticed that the partners statue further down Main St is Walt gesturing down towards Roy as a symbol of gratitude for all Roy did. Such emotions! As we walked down Main Street Nicholas pointed out lots of windows and gave us stories of the people’s names. He told us all the names on the shop windows make walking down Main Street akin to the credits at the start of a Disney animation. He explained the forced perspective of the castle as well. We went into one of the off shoots where you can hear the music lessons going on from one of the windows. Here he explained the four keys of WDW for cast members- safety, courtesy, show and efficiency. These are cornerstones that all of the cast members work towards. We spent a while here in the shade and then moved up towards the hub and into Adventureland. Castmembers were holding the hordes of people waiting to get in here. We smugly went through and under the rope On the way through a randomer waiting thought people were being let through so beckoned to his family and came through with us. Nicholas awkwardly told them it was a tour and we then felt everyone around us giving us daggers because we were allowed to go through. It felt great

Nicholas gave us a toilet stop and then we sat in the shade near Jungle Cruise for another talk. I didn’t take notes from all these talks, I wanted to just enjoy it and also it means I can do the tour again and there’s loads of things I’ll have forgotten! I know that Nicholas was really informative but not condescending and you could tell he really enjoyed his job. It was time for our first ride of the day now- Jungle Cruise! Again we were fulfilling our ambition of being the very first people on a ride in the morning. They hadn’t really got the ride up and running so not all the animals were working. He told us loads of cool info about the ride though and pointed out lots of hidden Mickeys. He told us that there never used to be a script for this ride, it was just ad-lib sarcasm. However this got a little unsafe for the children around so they introduced a script to keep it childproof He mentioned that they reused the faces a lot on the animatronics. The totem pole guy in the Jungle Cruise has the same face as the caretaker with the dog in the Haunted Mansion! He also told us (though we could have guessed) that the skippers on Jungle Cruise aren’t really steering at all, at which point our skipper (who had been silent while Nicholas did his thing) shuffled awkwardly and stopped steering

When we were finished on Jungle Cruise we went and sat in the shade in Tortuga Tavern for another talk. I’m pretty sure the park had opened at this point so we were no longer all alone in the park. Here Nicholas talked about the history of Pirates from ride to film. He told us that they’ve recently introduced smells to the ride such as gunpowder and rum. We didn’t even realise this was a new addition when we went on the other night so we made sure to remember to give it a good sniff next time! We were soon up again and walking into Frontierland. Nicholas pointed out the seven seas building which was originally a ticket booth. He told us that tickets used to sell out so so quickly for a ride like Carousel of Progress, and everyone was scared of Space Mountain due to the unknown experience of it. These days it’s the total opposite- Space Mountain queues are massive and CoP is always a walk on! He also told us around now that a turkey leg has 2000 calories in it. Enjoy that fact!

Now it was time to go back stage! We headed out where the parade comes in. There was a yellow line on the floor where the parade performers have to start dancing. We crossed over the railway tracks and we were officially backstage! Although Nicholas pointed out that characters still have to perform here just in case anyone sees them from the train. Cameras and phones were an official no no from this point, although I kept my camera away from the start so I could focus my full attention on the tour. Here we saw the show buildings of the rides. They were painted “go away green” which Nicholas told us is a colour patented by Disney! It was so weird seeing that POTC and Splash Mountain were super close together. Nicholas explained how POTC actually goes under the train tracks. He said sometimes if you’re lucky enough you can hear the train choo-ing when you’re going down one of the drops. It’s great how the rides are so immersive that you don’t even think about the outsides of the buildings. It was really hot back here as it was all out in the open. He took us towards one of the parking places for old parade floats. There were Halloween ones here! He told us about how they can be really difficult to drive and they’re ranked from level 3 to level 1- 1 being the hardest to drive. All Festival of Fantasy floats are level 1 because they have no screen to look through. They’re driving blind, people! He then took us behind the parking garage where there was this canal where all the electrical water pageant floats are kept. You could see the Grand Floridian if you looked down the canal into the lagoon. Here there were also tons of replacement benches from all over the park. It was weird seeing all the different theming in one place!

After this we went into the “shed” where all the FoF floats are currently stored along with some seasonal ones. There was a line here that we had to stay behind, to protect us and the floats. The really tall floats collapse down so they can fit in the shed. After this we went behind Splash Mountain to see the water reservoir. Nicholas told us that all the water is circulated. From the seven seas lagoon, the canal, the Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain. It’s all treated with bromine and they use an oil snake to collect all the greases like suncream. It was like a big thick draft excluder and it was yucky black. He said if you ever drop a hat on Splash or anything DON’T go looking for it because it acts the same as the oil snake- all the greases will stick to it! Lush

After this we walked up to sit in the area where the cast members wait before the parade. It essentially looked like a big old bus stop. He told us about talking Mickey. There are cameras in the queue listening to your conversations so Mickey knows how to interact with you. There’a a guy sat around 8 miles away determining what Mickey says and he tells the cast member in the suit so he can move his mouth accordingly! Creepy huh? But very clever. We also learned that cast members can do 16 hour shifts Nicholas told us once he had been 4 different characters in one shift! And forgot who he was when it came to signing autographs He gave us a chance to ask questions here. Someone asked which characters he had been but he didn’t want to answer that one. Someone else asked if there was a new night time parade coming soon but he said he didn’t think so, not until the 50th at least. Next we headed back out into the real world (well- Frontierland!) where we walked past a country bear doing a meet. After his photo he legged it after us and was messing around with everyone. Another bear came along with his handler chasing after him and they were interacting with Nicholas but he didn’t seem too impressed! There had been a big queue of people waiting to have a pic with the bears and they didn’t look very happy that we had distracted them. When we had shaken them off Nicholas recommended the sweet shop in Frontierland, saying it sold things very similar to big top treats but without all the queues. We walked through into Liberty Square while Nicholas gave us lots of information about the decoration and history. He told us the story of the Liberty Tree that stands here. Walt picked it out himself but it turned out it was diseased and it split apart. They saved what they could and kind of merged it with another tree, so essentially the tree that Walt picked is still there!

We walked into the hub and Nicholas gave us more info about the partners statue, pointing out the hidden Mickey in his ring and giving us background about the sculptor. We had a restroom break and then it was lunch time! It was around 11.45 and the terrace wasn’t open yet so it was nice and quiet. They had closed off a portion of the restaurant anyway for our purposes and all our food was laid out on individual tables with our KTTK pins and our drinks. Finally some pictures!

The food was actually really, really good. Despite my doubts about Tomorrowland Terrace I would definitely go back for these tenders (glorified nuggets- I love it!). We had around half an hour to rest our feet and cool off before heading back to Liberty Square. Nicholas took us into the exit of Haunted Mansion and through a staff door. We were in a special entrance that they use for celebrity guests. Who knows what famous faces these walls had seen! Nicholas told us some ride history and told us about the hidden Mickeys and details throughout the ride. One fact I noted was that two imagineers had conflicting opinions about how this ride should be. You can kind of see the split between creepy and more light hearted, before and after the ballroom. Nicholas told us about the use of windows in the ballroom and about how the women lead the dancing because of the reflections! Apparently in California the ride was so pretty on the outside it shocked guests when they went in so they spooked up the WDW version so it was more coherent with the theme. Garth was in his element hearing all these facts about his fave ride! After this information fest we got to go on the ride. The special entrance meant we bypassed the queue. We had our own private stretching room. Through the loading room and stretching room Nicholas pointed out the paintings and explained how they showed famous faces. Nicholas also told us all about the real Madame Leota. I could go on and on with all the info, if all these details are your kind of thing then the KTTK tour is 100% worth the money! While we were on the ride we looked out for the hidden Mickeys. There’s one on the dinner table in the ballroom made out of plates, and in the graveyard scene there’s a really hard one to spot. By the opera singer you need to look out the doombuggy to the right and there’s a thin ghost making a Mickey with his hands.

After the ride Nicholas explained differences between DL and WDW. In California the stretching room is a lift, contrasting the lifting ceiling in WDW. Also in Disneyland you go outside the traintracks, but in WDW you stay within the perimeter of the park. So cool! We took a Tangled loo break and took the chance to load up on suncream. Time really had gone quick and we’d been neglecting suncreaming and drinking a bit. It was time to get out of the sun for a bit now anyway. We were FINALLY going down into the utilidors! We went to Friar’s Nook QS where we went through a door and we were backstage! We went along a corridor and down 2 flights of stairs. It was like just being in a school hall or something there was so much room. I didn’t realise that the utilidors are essentially the ground floor and the whole floor is raised so the park is on the first floor, so we weren’t really “underground” at all! As we were walking through we saw Princess Anna in a rehearsal room drinking a bottle of coke and she threw us a peace sign Then we saw Cinderella come out of an elevator. We were directly under the castle so she had come straight from her royal table! Nicholas made a comment about how the princesses never use the stairs, “she’s a princess of course she uses the elevator!” There was so much cool stuff under there. There was a costume department, training centre, food storage. Big tubes that the garbage travels through. Around the hallways there were photos and pictures and cabinets full of cool memorabilia stuff. We saw a massive display about all the up and coming things like Star Wars in HS, Toy Story in HS and Frozen in Tokyo Disneysea. We stopped down there for another Q&A sesh. We must have been under there around an hour and came up in the extra path alongside Main Street that they open when it’s chocca and everyone is heading out the park at once. Nicholas showed us the staff bus stop which takes the cast members to and from their carpark. They park a way away so the firework debris doesn’t land on their cars! We also saw Tinkerbell’s landing strip. Nicholas told us all about Tink’s specification. She can’t weigh more than 125lbs, she must be able to do 10 pull ups and she needs to be able to be swung around a crane while looking animated Each night Tink can make a choice whether she flies or not depending on the conditions. If she doesn’t want to go, she doesn’t have to! If she’s flying then she throws herself off and if she goes too far she lands on a mattress. If she doesn’t go far enough she has to pull herself, undo her backpack and drop down a rope! The very first Tink was 72 years old and she did it for 10 whole years. Absolutely crazy! We walked down this path and had a chance for final questions. I was too shy for questions but Garth asked one he knew I had- how on Earth you can release the sword in the stone! Nicholas told us that sometimes the carousel people choose when it’s released and sometimes they have special people sat in a booth deciding! So there’s my answer. Obviously I’ve never looked cute enough for them to release it for me

Nicholas walked us back into the park and up to the top of the train station. He said that Walt and Roy would have thanked us for making their dreams a reality. It was an emotional finish! He collected the headsets back and we were done.

KTTK was an amazing tour, and I recommend it to anyone interested in Disney history. The 3000 words I’ve used talking about it doesn’t even scratch the surface! And I’m sure every tour guide makes it a different experience so I’d definitely do it again.

For those of you who skipped reading about KTTK, normality resumes here!

We walked straight out the park. We were so so pooped and it was hot and our feet hurt! There was a bus at our stop and although we were in pain with our feet we couldn’t face waiting for another bus so we legged it! We made it thankfully. On the bus a kid was crying because he was so desperate to do Splash Mountain. His Mum was telling him that he was over tired and you can’t expect to do everything in one day (she’s got a point dude!). He was so devastated, bawling his eyes out. His little sister started patting him on the head so he ripped her hat off and then she started screaming. I felt so sad for the poor Mum! The Dad just sat there on his phone while she was dealing with them! Garth and I have it all ahead of us… many years in the future

We got back to French Quarter at around 1.30. We took our shoes off and felt the relief! Although we’d been on our feet non-stop for days it really made a difference not being able to take it at our own pace! We just sat for ages while I wrote up as many notes as I could remember. I haven’t even included all of it in the trippie! There was just so much cool stuff we had learned, it had been blooming brilliant.

We needed to get some laundry done so we soon gathered up the energy to head down. We paid $1 each for detergent and dryer sheets and then $3 each for wash and dry- all done via card. The wash took 30 mins and we napped in between. The laundry was so close- this was the view from our room to the launderette!

We changed it over to the dryer and then took baths and got ready. I took the camera back down when we went to collect our bits.

You scanned in with the magic band.

We were 10 mins early but all our stuff was dry! We popped all our stuff away in the room and then we were ready to head back to MK. We stopped off in reception to get our badges rewritten on. The writing kept getting wiped off.

When we were in reception we saw the lady who we had chatted to back at Gatwick in the v room! It felt like so long ago now! We went to the bus stop and got on the 4.22 bus. As we got on the bus driver was really excited about our badges and congratulated us on graduating. She also played happy birthday for another guest. They are the best kind of bus drivers! We were soon back in the Magic Kingdom.

We headed straight to our fastpass. Meeting the princesses in Fairy Tale Hall! I was so nervous. I’m so afraid of face characters! It was ok though. We met Rapunzel first.

She asked if Garth had won me over with a smoulder and got Garth to give it a go! We saw Tiana next. She said she could cook us some jambalaya if we cooked her a roast dinner and fish and chips. Funnily enough she hasn’t turned up for Sunday roast yet!

I’m glad we went and got these pics but I don’t think I’ll ever be comfortable meeting princesses! I wish I could interact better but I just freeze up! Garth loves it though. It was super hot when we got out so we dashed to Philharmagic for the aircon. We walked in. The smells get me every time! I came off hungry (was it the yummy smells?) but I was holding out for a lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House later. Our little mermaid FP was active now. We had already ridden this twice on the trip but I couldn’t be bothered with the faff of changing it and we love the ride so why not! It was a walk on but the ride did stop while we were in the Under the Sea room. We enjoyed ourselves dancing while we waited though! Once we got off we went to meet Donald and Goofy in Storybook Circus as touring plans said there was a low wait.

In the queue. While we were waiting a lady in front of us asked if we would take her picture with the characters for her. We explained that the cast members would be happy to and they’d probably get a better pic than us! We got chatting to her as we waited. She was here on business as a nurse attending a convention at the Hilton but had told a friend at home that she was going to get a picture with Goofy before she left! She was heading home tomorrow. She asked us if we were on our honeymoon (how sweet of her, most people presume we’re too young to even be here without our parents!) so we explained we had just graduated. We chatted about York and Stratford upon Avon and all the places she had visited in England. She was really nervous about meeting Goofy but she was so sweet. The queue went really quickly. When we weren’t chatting I was watching the kids meet the characters, so cute! The lady we were chatting to had her picture with Goofy and then left straight away, she didn’t even get a Donald pic! I guess Goofy was all she was after. As soon as it was our time Garth got a bit over excited and shouted “HI GOOFY! ” I had a cuddle first.

But then it was Garth’s go.

The cuddle went on… and on… and on… Goofy just wasn’t letting go! Everyone was laughing! I kind of tapped Goofy on the back as if to say “can we get our photo now please” It was a great interaction and Garth was giddy with excitement!

Eventually we were done and it was Donald time. Wow… we had really peeved Donald off with our Mickey merchandise! It was all cuddles at first. He asked the cast member for a Donald sticker to cover the Mickey on my tshirt but she couldn’t find one!

Then he went to cuddle Garth and totally (deliberately might I add!) knocked off his Mickey ears!

The look on Garth’s face!

All was forgiven, look at the love there. Just before we left the castmember found the beloved Donald sticker. He covered up my Mickey and we were on our way! They were such good meets. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to meet Daisy and Minnie but it’s definitely on the list for next time. My Donald sticker wasn’t sticking so we documented the moment with a picture.

We had a peek in the shop while we were here. Garth loved these clingy things.

We used the loos near the Barnstormer and then headed towards Columbia Harbour House for our dinner. We’d been planning to eat here for the lobster roll for ages. I was so excited! I took a pic for my trippie but I was bombed- not just by Garth but by the cast member!

Love it! She also complimented Garth’s tshirt. It was a Zootropolis one with Flash on it saying “what’s the rush?”. He got loads of compliments on this. I got it for him for his birthday so I will take the credit for his fantastic taste in tshirts She also congratulated us on graduating. Anyway we went in to look at the menu

We knew that we wanted lobster rolls. We swapped the potato chips for fries as we’d already had chips with our lunch. We also got cokes. It would have come to around $35 but we used two QS credits. We took our food upstairs. It was lovely and quiet.

We dug in to our food aaaaand… I didn’t like it! I had been so hyped but it was just fatty and I didn’t like it at all! Just typical! It kind of made me lost my appetite because I disliked it so much. Garth enjoyed it though and pretty much ate both while I ate the fries. I went to take some pics around the upstairs as it was so pretty.

In hindsight I should have gone and got myself another dinner. We had so many QS credits left at the end! But I think my appetite had just gone. Our fastpass for the Jungle Cruise was active now so we walked over in that direction. We saw this guy on the way over

He was massive!

We were looking forward to a proper go on Jungle Cruise after our KTTK version this morning!

We were on in around 10 minutes.

Our skipper was called Ryan and he was really funny. Jungle Cruise selfie!

At the part of the script about the Nile, Ryan said “if you don’t believe me do you know what you’re in?” and Garth and I shouted “De-Nile!” to which he responded “alright back there I’ll make the jokes thank you” Then when we went through the cave he said he was going to take a nap and a little girl at the front shouted “not now! ” It was a really good ride and I have a lot of appreciation for these cast members to keep going with the same ride over and over again. His comic timing was spot on. We got off and booked a fastpass for Pirates for 8.20pm.

We had a good hour or so to kill so we went to the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.

I love the views from up here.

We decided to get our very first Dole Whip next! We both got floats. They would have cost $5.49 each + tax but we used 2 snack credits.

Mmmm they were delicious! Really refreshing. While we were drinking/eating there were kids doing the sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card game nearby. We wanted to sign up to start this soon it looked really fun. We sat for a while passing time and watching the world go by, resting our feet a little bit! I was happy.

We still had time before Pirates so we went over to the Country Bear Jamboree.

Unfortunately it was closed! So we mooched in some shops and then walked back to Pirates. Earlier Nicholas had told us about two pirates playing chess in the queue. He told us an anecdote about how when they had renovated and cleaned the ride they took the chess game apart before realising they didn’t know how it went back together! I think the chess pieces were in a particular way so that both players were at risk of their kings being taken or something like that. The imagineers went back to concept art and all sorts to figure out how it was laid out and they spent ages over it, before eventually realising it was all written on the bottom of the chess board! We got a pic as we went past.

The ride was really fun having had all the cool facts from the KTTK tour. We made sure to appreciate the new smells this time, the alcohol smell is really strong at points! I got really splashed during this ride by one of the explosions in the water. I don't normally get wet on this! After the ride we walked round to try and get a photo at the Tangled photo op but the queue was long and there was a storm heading in so we called it a day. The lightening was going crazy in the distance. On the way out the park we dropped in to sign up to sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We had to “do our training” and get some cards but we were soon on our way out at 9pm. Happily Ever After had been delayed because of the storm and it looked like everyone had the same idea to make a move, it was heaving on the way out. We just about got to the bus stop when the rain started!

A full bus was just leaving so we had a bit of a wait. We were still waiting at 9.30pm sigh. We finally got on a bus at 9.40pm and it was absolutely tipping it down! The bus was so full. We got back home at 10pm. It doesn’t pick up on the picture but it was a classic Florida storm.

We were soggy! By 10.10pm the thunder seemed to be shaking the whole building. My notes say “thunder is thunderous” I took a pic of our pins and name badges from KTTK before bed.

My Donald sticker is there too! We were so tired so went to bed pretty much straight away! Well done if you made it through reading the whole day today, sorry it was so wordy with not many pictures! It was definitely one of the best days of the whole trip for us though so I hope you enjoyed it!

Tomorrow we go back to Hollywood Studios and have some chill out time in the French Quarter pool!

Steps today: 20386

Edited at 10:42 AM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Wow, the tour sounds amazing! I love finding out all the nerdy facts Rapunzel and her peace sign made me laugh!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kat90
VIP Dibber

The KTTK tour sounds amazing! Glad you both enjoyed it. I think I might have to add it to my list of things to do on my next trip!
kat90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Such a fantastic day! The tour looked very interesting!
Just catching up on your report now. It’s taking me ages to write mine - you are doing really well!
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a brilliant day! I'd love to do KTTK but can't do it with kids, so thoroughly enjoyed your report of it. Great day

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Wow, the tour sounds amazing! I love finding out all the nerdy facts Rapunzel and her peace sign made me laugh!
Yes it was so good! It was weird seeing off duty princesses but so satisfying!

Originally Posted by kat90 View Post
The KTTK tour sounds amazing! Glad you both enjoyed it. I think I might have to add it to my list of things to do on my next trip!
You should really consider it! I don't think the price is even too bad, it was around $100 each but that includes lunch and it was 5 odd hours.

Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
Such a fantastic day! The tour looked very interesting!
Just catching up on your report now. It’s taking me ages to write mine - you are doing really well!
Haha thank you! I did have a big break from writing it but I seem to be rolling again now. It's definitely not helping the Disney blues though It'll be worth it when we both have complete reports to look back on ! Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
What a brilliant day! I'd love to do KTTK but can't do it with kids, so thoroughly enjoyed your report of it. Great day
Aw I'm glad you enjoyed it! I felt like there was so much to write about and I no way covered it all. I'm sure KTTK will be going for years to come to one day when the kids are all grown up hopefully you'll be able to experience it! Thanks for reading
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I have that t-shirt, I was going to wear it to KTTK too haha.

I had the same lunch as you, I LOVED IT. I wish they sold those chicken tenders more places. That was the best write up of KTTK I’ve ever read, no-one else ever wants to spill the goss, thank for sharing.

I love Garth’s t-shirt too.

I wasn’t a fan of the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House either, there was too much filler in it for me, the one they sell at Food and Wine is much better.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I have that t-shirt, I was going to wear it to KTTK too haha.

I had the same lunch as you, I LOVED IT. I wish they sold those chicken tenders more places. That was the best write up of KTTK I’ve ever read, no-one else ever wants to spill the goss, thank for sharing.

I love Garth’s t-shirt too.

I wasn’t a fan of the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House either, there was too much filler in it for me, the one they sell at Food and Wine is much better.
Good old Primark!

They were soo good. Thank you so much! I don't feel like I even scratched the surface with KTTK and I keep remembering things I didn't mention! But I did try and record as much as possible for my own memories as well as for people to get a proper review of the tour. I hope it convinces people to go for it and to book the tour!

Garth's tshirt was from red bubble! One of his faves.

Ooh another excuse to visit during Food and Wine! I'm looking forward to a time when we don't have to visit during the summer months, really hoping we can afford to go November 2020 so hopefully I'll get to try all those different yummy things then
Old 6 Apr 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
An awesome day, the tour sounds fab...another one for my list for future trips!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
An awesome day, the tour sounds fab...another one for my list for future trips!
It was fantastic. Thanks for reading and commenting