UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
We loved Brixham we returned on Saturday. A short stroll down to the harbour and the fish and chips in Simply Fish were amazing. Lots of lovely individual shops too.

There is also Paignton Zoo a short drive away loved that too. Also Looe, Mevagissey and Fowey are good for a stroll - the harbours are wonderful.
Totally agree with my good lady! We loved it so much down there we bought annual passes for the Eden Project and Paignton Zoo.

Actually driving down again middle of November for a week near Newton Ferrers, so the zoo and Eden project will be visted again!
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Well, dispite the weather( heavy rain and high wind ) we had a lovely few days at the cottage near chideock. Weather didn't stop us exploring and dipping in the hot tub. The cottage is high end newly fitted out . Even the plates we had to Google to see how much they cost! 😂 Lovely couple owned it .
I made the mistake of offering to pay for the 3 nights we stayed. My partner found it and gave me the cost ! Ouch. Not a cost I would normally pay as I'm tight with money. £865!😭😭.
I would normally expect a hol abroad for 7 nights for that. So if your flush with money I would recommend it . Frog cottage. Chideock.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Well, dispite the weather( heavy rain and high wind ) we had a lovely few days at the cottage near chideock. Weather didn't stop us exploring and dipping in the hot tub. The cottage is high end newly fitted out . Even the plates we had to Google to see how much they cost! 😂 Lovely couple owned it .
I made the mistake of offering to pay for the 3 nights we stayed. My partner found it and gave me the cost ! Ouch. Not a cost I would normally pay as I'm tight with money. £865!😭😭.
I would normally expect a hol abroad for 7 nights for that. So if your flush with money I would recommend it . Frog cottage. Chideock.
Cost sounds about right for your description of the cottage , with hot tub.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Cost sounds about right for your description of the cottage , with hot tub.
Your right, did check other places and were similar. It was high spec. 3 king-size bedrooms all with unsuite. Allowed dogs too with a fenced paddock for exercising dog. Provided a large high quality hamper for us and one for the dog.
Normally we are cheap and cheerful end of the market.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We have booked a caravan at Hobournes Devon Bay Park which is in Paignton. Never been to this area before but seems ideal as it is midway between Torquay and Brixham. Really looking forward to it, very impressed with the Hobourne Park we stayed at in Sepember, it was spotless, all the linen etc. was provides and vans were double glazed and centrally heated throughout for a very reasonable price.