Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Is there really a Cinnabon in Covent Garden? There used to be one in Picadilly Circus but it closed a year or two ago (much to my disappointment). If there's one in Covent Garden then I'll be visiting just as soon as my diet is over

I also agree with Bodeans (burnt ends and pulled pork... OMG) and The Diner for breakfast (there are several branches. I've been to the one on the Strand and the one in Spitalfields. I know there's one just off Carnaby Street as well). Alternative breakfast could be The Breakfast Club - they do big US-type breakfasts.

There's a Wahlburgers in Covent Garden now as well as an alternative to Shake Shack etc. Tater tots with cheese sauce... yum!

Bubba Gumps is ok, but not as good as the US ones (mainly down to the servers - the food is very similar). Avoid Rainforest Cafe unless you really want an overpriced tourist trap. Been a couple of times and don't rate it at all really. Food and service are not great.

Hard Rock Cafe is another option for a Universal-related thing. There are two now - the original in Park Lane and the new one in Picadilly Circus. The new one is a LOT bigger and funkier - much more like the one at Universal. The Park Lane one is small and cramped, but has the cachet of being the first, and you can go into The Vault next door in the shop for a tour which has a lot of cool memorabilia (The shop/vault is located in the old Coutts & Co bank vault - my dad worked in that bank for years and I used to go there as a kid on the weekends when it was all shut!).
thank you very much, I love Wahlburgers, I have been to the Boston one! I am struggling for breakfast as need an early one so we can be at V&A for their 10.00am opening. We have a Hard Rock up north so was avoiding there for food but if we stay at the hotel, will definitely check the cocktails out! it's so hard to decide

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
thank you very much, I love Wahlburgers, I have been to the Boston one! I am struggling for breakfast as need an early one so we can be at V&A for their 10.00am opening. We have a Hard Rock up north so was avoiding there for food but if we stay at the hotel, will definitely check the cocktails out! it's so hard to decide
Does breakfast have to be American themed?

If not, it may be better to make your way to the V&A early and have breakfast in that area.
If you google map South Kensington station, 2 mins walk from the museum, tons of restaurants; a pancake cafe? Ok, they’re French crepes but still pancakes!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Does breakfast have to be American themed?

If not, it may be better to make your way to the V&A early and have breakfast in that area.
If you google map South Kensington station, 2 mins walk from the museum, tons of restaurants; a pancake cafe? Ok, they’re French crepes but still pancakes!
No it doesn't have to be, French crepes sound really good, like the French Pavillion at Epcot I will have a look at that area, it would make more sense to be there rather than rushing! Although I have just found out Wahlburgers do breakfast now and they open at 8, too many decisions

2025- Seville

princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I'm sure a lot of breakfast places must open earlier than 9. I know some guys at work have gone to Breakfast Club before work before so that should be open. Can get good pancakes in there.
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Booked everything- went for Bubba Gumps, Safari themed Afternoon Tea at the Montague on the Gardens and Trader Vics- just need to decide on breakfast but might wing that one

2025- Seville