Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 31 Jan 20, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Not Clarity, but with Starling there’s an option on the app where you have to switch on the mag strip. Could it be this? Most places in the U.K. use chip and pin therefore mag strip is switched off by default. This leads to it being declined until you switch the mag strip on.

Might be worth having a check in the app for options (assuming Clairty has an app that gives real time card updates?)
Hi itz - we have Clarity accounts/cards, if one's blocked we'd have the other. To my knowledge Halifax don't have on/off mag strip. Bar the two previously mentioned we've had no Clarity issues.

Some believe a declined payment blocks the card/pin instantly, which isn't our Clarity experience. May have been worth the OP trying again, unless Clarity definitely blocked his pin following his phone call. Perhaps Dud may let us know.
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

I had an issue with my Post Office credit card earlier this month in MK when a CM at the Joffrey's beside Space Mountain swiped it quickly through a machine. Too quick for it to be read properly and it was declined. Sorted easily after a phone call to the number on the back of the card once we were back in our room. Customer Services rep said that as
UK cards are really designed to be used with chip and pin if someone swipes it too quickly and without having it fully inserted in the slot it will flag up as an issue. Post Office fraud squad also sent me an email asking me to get in touch because of suspicious activity on my card. We always carry a spare card with us just in case.

Mrs TT.
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Apologies if this has been said already, I don’t think you need to reset your pin as such, simply use it in an ATM (do a balance check for example) so that the system knows it’s really you using your card abroad. I have been told by both Halifax and Nationwide that it’s a good idea to do a pin transaction or use an ATM at your departing airport or when you first arrive in your destination, as the systems are now set up to recognise that as confirmation that the genuine cardholder has travelled. We do this every time (at least 5 times a year) and have never had a problem since doing it.