Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 30 Jan 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
East Coaster
slightly serious Dibber

Orlando Premium vs Sawgrass Mills

We're only in Orlando for 3 nights before we head down to Miami and the Keys. Wondering whether to make some time to go to Premium Outlets or whether to wait and go to Sawgrass Mills on the way into Miami anyone got any experience if both? Thanks
East Coaster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Sawgrass is massive and you can easily spend hours there. You may find different things at both (even though same chains) we’ve visited both on the same trips as stayed in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and picked up different stuff in both.

If you have the time (and enjoy shopping) I’d do both.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to saw grass last year it’s huge, they day we went it was heaving, I think it must have been a weekend if I remember correctly. If you have time go to the premiums but if you have only three days in Orlando I would probably just do sawgrass. Lots more to do in Orlando in those days
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

We've done both. Price wise I'd say the premium outlets has the edge, not all the stores in Sawgrass are outlet prices, however it depends what you are looking for really, as Toonarmani said, I'd do both too but then shopping is a big part of my holidays.
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

They are very different.
Premium is all outdoors, sawgrass has a mix and it’s massive. I did find it slightly odd that there was regular shops next to outlets.
The new part is lovely, the older parts do look a little dated.
I don’t normally get lost anywhere and went to wrong way twice at sawgrass!

If you have time I’d go to both.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List