Old 4 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sleigh bells ring are you listening? Day 12 - Celebration and Millenia

So guess what time we’re up? Yep 6.30!

I don’t have breakfast as we’re meeting friends for brunch later. Richard has a tiny bowl of cornflakes to keep him going.

We leave the house about 9am to go to Celebration, we’re meeting ur friends George and Pamela at Market St Cafe at 10am.

It’s a little chilly first thing this morning, a cool breeze but the sun is out and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

We park up with no problem and walk along the lakeside and round the Farmers Market, I want some strawberries but decide to get them after breakfast.

We meet our friends and get a table with no wait.
It’s good to catch up, it’s been 2 years since we’ve seen them. Breakfast is lovely, I have an American Breakfast and Richard has a croissant sandwich. Our friends both have the American breakfast too. With drinks the bill is $53.

After eating we wander round the market and we both buy strawberries, they taste like ‘real’ strawberries!

We say goodbye, we’ll see them again tomorrow at the owners meet up.

We walk along by the river and sit in the sun for a while, it’s lovely and warm in the sun. We decide to head to ‘At Home’ along the 192 to look for a picture. They have probably thousands of pictures but not one I want!

From there we head up the John Young Parkway to the Mall of Millenia. Richard has a phone issue and wants to pop to the Apple store.

Parking is very busy but we do find a space eventually.

It’s a tech issue with his phone but the wait time is 4 hours😳, no thank you!

We find the Food Court and visit Jonny Rockets for a shake, I have Oreo and Richard has Strawberry Cheesecake.

We have a walk round and don’t buy a thing!

Back home and we sit outside on the deck in the sun, it really is absolutely gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky.

We’re meeting friends at Longhorn for dinner tonight so I need to iron a shirt for Richard. I get the iron out and fill it with water, it pours straight out of the bit where the wire is! On closer inspection it’s been dropped and has been stuck together with sellotape!😱 it goes straight in the bin! Richard chooses a different shirt!

Off to Longhorn and the wait time is 20-25 minutes. We have cheese stuffed mushrooms to start and Texas Tonion petals. Followed by Caesars Salad and we both have Renegade Steaks, 8oz and 6oz. Debs has chicken and Paul has a steak which is sadly over cooked but on the whole it was a really nice meal.

Issues getting the bill split into two but finally resolved. Our half was $47.

We call at Walmart for an iron on the way home but leave empty handed as 5ey lay here had very expensive ones! This is the latest we’ve been up so far!

TTFN xx

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a lovely day with friends

Joan
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

What a beautiful blue sky...sigh...
Strawberries that taste good, I have never found any over there that taste of much at all, they always look so good and it is a bit disappointing.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

That morning sky was beautiful, a lovely morning with friends too.

Shame about the iron, surely it would have been courteous for guests to inform you. Accidents happen, but would dread to think what would have happened if you hadn't noticed! I hope you manage to get one before the end of the trip.

Longhorns looks lovely, shame about your friends steak though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List