Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As others have said, there’s no good time to do this but it needs to be done. I’m just relieved it won’t be under a scrim - I would have been a bit disappointed at that. As there’s no scrim, I’m taking this as a positive outcome.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve just asked me daughter about Dollar Tree (I’d never heard of it) and as she’s YouTube mad she is now a happy girl because I’ve suggested visiting the shop when we go in August. My husband and I on the other are laughing that we go all the way to Orlando to visit a poundshop haha.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re all different and have different ideas on what makes the perfect holiday but personally I find the rope drop experience at Magic Kingdom quite annoying - once the Welcome Show finishes and Mickey & Co have waved the crowds through it’s every man, woman and child for themselves . There are families running to get in line for 7DMT, families running to get in line for one of the Mountains, more families running to Peter Pan etc and then you’ve got people standing in the middle of Main St trying to get a picture of holding the castle in the palm of their hand . I’ve been fortunate to visit Disney numerous times and at home displaying photos of my different trips I have not framed a photo of my kids in front of the golf ball, castle, tree of life or tower of terror but I do have photos displayed of them eating a dole whip and standing in front of a fake American yellow taxi in DHS. Guaranteed when you think you’ll get that ‘perfect’ shot of the castle in the background there will be a family having a meltdown or pulling silly faces. Personally my favourite photo from my trips to Orlando is of my family soaked through from a downpour, wearing our plastic macs, on our way to an Orlando United game with a photo bomber in the background. We had a great day that day although our plans did not go according to plan.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Cinderella Castle Refurb

Magic Kingdom Vice President Jason Kirk has confirmed...

IT WILL REMAIN UNCOVERED

Disney332
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Just wondered if OP will re book?

Disney332
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

OP has explained the multiple reasons for cancelling the Disney part of their holiday this year and have instead moved it to next year. They’ve even commented what their kids reaction was and that they’re now excited that they can do Disney next year instead. They’re still going to Florida this year and they’re still going next year- the only difference is they get to be there for the celebrations next year which wasn’t already planned.

I honestly can’t believe how this thread has turned out and I have already posted that I feel sorry for the OP. Yes they were the only one that cancelled (for multiple reasons that they’ve explained) but, there were a fair few of us that expressed our sadness/disappointment. Yet, people keep coming back to this thread to get a reaction from OP.

Last time I commented on this someone said to remember to take threads like these with a pinch of salt... I ran out of salt 23 pages ago.

OP, sorry if I’ve spoken out of turn or misquoted any of what you’ve said previously.
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mackenzies03 View Post
OP has explained the multiple reasons for cancelling the Disney part of their holiday this year and have instead moved it to next year. They’ve even commented what their kids reaction was and that they’re now excited that they can do Disney next year instead. They’re still going to Florida this year and they’re still going next year- the only difference is they get to be there for the celebrations next year which wasn’t already planned.

I honestly can’t believe how this thread has turned out and I have already posted that I feel sorry for the OP. Yes they were the only one that cancelled (for multiple reasons that they’ve explained) but, there were a fair few of us that expressed our sadness/disappointment. Yet, people keep coming back to this thread to get a reaction from OP.

Last time I commented on this someone said to remember to take threads like these with a pinch of salt... I ran out of salt 23 pages ago.

OP, sorry if I’ve spoken out of turn or misquoted any of what you’ve said previously.
The initial post made no mention of other reasons (of which there are many of course, as as OP alluded to later on (kept as a secret initially)- on the cancellation post)

Perhaps this would have softened the whole thread?

Disney332

Edited at 09:46 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
The initial post made no mention of other reasons (of which there are many of course, as as OP alluded to later on (kept as a secret initially)- on the cancellation post)

Perhaps this would have softened the whole thread?

Disney332

Why should it need softening? Who are any of us to speak about the OP as some people have on here? It’s not as though the OP didn’t talk their family through their decision and they’re happy with it!

I find the judgemental nature actually incredible tbh
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
Why should it need softening? Who are any of us to speak about the OP as some people have on here? It’s not as though the OP didn’t talk their family through their decision and they’re happy with it!

I find the judgemental nature actually incredible tbh
Cancelling yr holiday is massive. If you make a thread and do not reveal yr reasons until after you have drawn in an audience, I have to question yr post

Disney332
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Probably worth admins locking this thread. Other than giving certain dibbers an excuses to embarrass themselves I think any good that could come from this thread has been and gone.

For the record my original posts aim was to inform people about the castle.

I apologise for dearing to bring my own personal situation into it. It only resulted in giving people a opportunity to be nasty.

We are going to go back in 2021, just waiting for the flights to be released and hopefully free dining to be released.

The Kids where fully involved in the decision and we have a wonderful 2020 trip now planned. I hope you all have great tips yourselves this year.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread