Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Feb 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ticking the Boxes Aug 19 Day 4

We were up early again, but had some time this morning, so we went out and explored the resort a little more!

BB hadn’t done as much exploring as I had! Coffee procured and photos taken we set off for our next day’s adventuring!

As I sit down to write today, I can think of at least 2 more ticks this morning. I was really looking forward to this morning. We were starting out by going to Disney Springs. You’ll notice that we didn’t really do to the springs, its lovely etc., but in a week there are higher priorities! We were there early and everywhere was closed.

Ooops, might have allowed too much time to get there! We were going to the gospel brunch at the house of blues. I had wanted to do this since I first heard it existed! As we were so early and it was hot, we wandered over towards Starbucks

to see if we could find a small coffee. In the end we found a spot of shade just outside and spent a few minutes, just watching the world go by!

It was then that we were approached by a CM asking if we wanted to go up in the balloon. He was training and could only go up early. It is also a lot cheaper going up before 10am. We had signed the disclaimers and paid our money before we could say yes please! Each time I’ve been previously it had been too windy, so this was a tick! It was good to do. I liked seeing the geography of the whole area.

We both got some of our major landmarks right, and others were completely wrong! Off by 10 am we experienced a weird sensation of actually saying no to photos! They were very pricey and we met a UK family who kindly took our photo for us beside the balloon. (Photo not found so i include a pic taken up the balloon instead!)

We made our way along to the House of Blues, where we picked up our tickets.

It was good to wait in the shade, but man alive it was hot! I went to the cirque rest rooms just to cool myself a little. The place has real atmosphere, especially listening to the blues! Once we were let in, we were taken to our table.

I had to laugh, I’m not particularly short or tall, but the bar stools were definitely a clamber for me! We were invited to help ourselves to soft drinks. Then invited to go and get food. It was a huge spread of salads, meaty dishes and other bits, then there was a whole collection of roast meats. It was good to have ‘different’ foods to the usual theme park fayre! We were quickly really stuffed and it was all good! The onto the puds! Note … I’m nut intolerant so usually check that its nut free. Often I let them assume it’s an allergy as that is a better understood condition. I and another lady checked with the puddings… all nut free. Except my first bite of something was definitely nutty. I quickly went and found the other lady as she had said she was armed with epipens so I guess is allergic. She was grateful and went to have a word with the chief server. The rest of the puddings were lovely.
Then the music started.

And when I say started … it started! Wow! What an explosion of sound. I loved it! The different instrumentalists were introduced, they each played a solo. There were different ‘presenters’ and the musicianship was incredible. It was, though, very loud! I found some of what was said hard to understand (in an accent sense, not comprehension). There were talkie slots, where the talked a little of God. Then there was a ‘birthday’ and ‘wedding anniversary’ slot. They gave a goodie bag to a lady whose birthday it was, and to the longest married couple. By the end, we were ready to have some quiet, we really loved the music. We both have a Christian faith, but don’t think it was too ‘strong’ for those that don’t. I’m really glad we did it and would gladly go again.

One of the ticks I wanted BB to tick off was to go to club cool in epcot to have a ‘cola flight’. As we were wandering back to the bus bays we passed the cola store,

so thought we might find one there. We went all the way up to the top and found that you have to pay for it there. No way! So we made it to the busses. This was our longest wait of the trip. I was weary by this point;

I think the musical assault had got to my ears! We probably only waited 20 minutes, but it felt longer. And we were hoping for another tick … of a more relaxing kind!

We went straight to the Poly, through to the back and to the dock. I went for drinks at the bar, BB’s was free as he was ‘taking me on’ apparently I’m a trouble maker as the bar staff had to come to my window. The pool bar had 3 windows, 2 were popular and poolside, the other was not. Ooops! BB was filling out the forms to take a boat out onto seven seas lagoon. We had hired a motor cruiser that I think was for 6 people, probably overkill, but fun. I was regretting not having brought a captain hat for BB!

We set off, looking forward to a pleasant hour. 5 minutes later, we have a blaring horn and ‘police’ cruiser telling us to return to base. 1 minute after that it starts to rain. Next minute it was lightening! We laughed about it and moored. BB went to return the key and was refunded the whole money! We had achieved a tick… sort of!

caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Absolutely soaked, we did the only respectable thing … tick another item off our list, dive into Trader Sam’s! Neither of us had been in before and it was smaller than I was expecting! I think it was Dibber Brett who had brought this place to my attention. We were waiting I a tiny corner for a while waiting to be served. But we got there, ordered a couple of drinks, one of which I can name! Just as we were being served (no id needed) a table came available.

We went and sat down, my glasses demisted and we caught our breath! It is a fun bar, with lots of banter amongst the staff. The volcano did go off but we didn’t manage to catch it on camera. A dad and his son joined us at the table. We exchanged holiday stories and enjoyed some Disney banter. But it was now 4.45 and we had places to be!

We moved onto Epcot. I do love a monorail resort! So easy, and the journey into Epcot is always interesting as we go over the park. Security was quickly dealt with and we were in.

Flag at half mast following one of the mass shootings in US the day before.

I think we were both getting weary now. BB sat in the sun while I went into mousegear. I wanted an illuminations pin, but they were sold out. I also used a gift card we had found at home to part pay for a Pandora charm for my bracelet. I was chuffed to get it. I found BB taking photos of the fountains, that I think are not there now.

A few PP pics were taken, but they do show there are less good photographers sometimes, although not often do I see them.

(edited slightly)

I took BB through club cool and BB did try most of the drinks, he likes soda drinks, but drew the line at liking the Beverley!

(Box ticked!) We went round and rode soarin … (another tick, saw the new film … preferred the old one tbh).

It was then getting past snooze time so we went onto spaceship earth,

the future really is out there! And took photos in the setting sun.

We do like the arty moments! It was around 8pm by now, so it was time to call it a day.
We had a wander round the resort, enjoyed a bit of downtime just watching the world go by. We needed an early night as we had an early start in the morning. Night night!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another very busy but good day shame the rain spoilt your boat ride.

Joan
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've just read tour previous day and this one in quick succession, you really do seem to be packing loads in, it's a great read.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day and I admire your stamina even when you were clearly exhausted. Looking forward to reading more
Old 18 Feb 20, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another very busy but good day shame the rain spoilt your boat ride.

Joan
Watch out for later ! Trader Sam's was a great replacement!

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've just read tour previous day and this one in quick succession, you really do seem to be packing loads in, it's a great read.
I guess it helps we had been before so knew what we wanted to cover!

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Lovely day and I admire your stamina even when you were clearly exhausted. Looking forward to reading more
Only there for a week so we maxed it!
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
another great day, shame about your boat trip though.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
another great day, shame about your boat trip though.
Read on ... all was not completely lost!