Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

We left our 16yr old son (3 months off 17yrs) home alone for a week and went abroad but all my family live very close by and he had a huge list of emergency numbers plus I rang home every night and my sisters rang him every morning, he had 2 of his friends staying with him whom I've known since they were all toddlers and I trusted them all to look after each other and the house

When we got home the house was so tidy and my son was fine.
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies

I do leave him home alone at weekends/after school if we go out shopping or something and he doesn't want to come so he I know hes fine by himself for a few hours at least.
I'm def leaning towards letting him stay behind but I might try and fit in a night away before hand and see how that goes
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are getting to this point too as my two are nearly 17 and 15. We’ve tested it with a night in Southampton but left at 6pm Friday night and were back home by late morning Saturday. Their Dad lives 5 mins away so always there in case of emergency plus they know how to order Uber Eats very well 😉
I think we’ll try a weekend away later in the year.
As an aside when I was 15 my sister was at Uni and my parents would go away for the weekend leaving me on my own and I was absolutely fine. I did throw a few house parties though 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
no I wouldnt because I looked like the perfect quite 15 year old but underneath lol
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that if you trust him and say he is sensible then I would let him stay at home.

I am sure his brother will keep an eye on him, but I would also speak to neighbors and let them know you are away, that way they can contact yog if any concerns
Old 19 Feb 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It seems all the well behaved teens’ parents reside on the dibb!
I wouldn’t have left my ds at 15 , he would most definitely of had a party 😂
Think he was 17 when first left overnight , thankfully he’s mellowed out now and matured
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would but only you know your own child.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I left my 15 year old son with our 17 year old son together. My mother lived less than a mile away so was on hand if needed. Both boys were sensible enough to be left alone though, I don’t really think the older one was more responsible than the younger one.

It does depend on the teenager, I know many of that age who couldn’t cope. But providing they won’t have wild parties and are capable of cooking simple food and responsible enough to ensure doors are safely locked or not to play their music loud enough to annoy the whole street then it’s perfectly fine to leave them for a short break away I think
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jollys
Getting Excited

we're leaving our 13 yo with our 19 yo and his girlfriend, but i know they are more interested in a take away than having a party. so plenty money for food and they will be fine
jollys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

They get to an age when they don’t want to come with us. I was lucky I think with DS I got to maybe 17 but the last time he came to Florida with us was a nightmare! He clearly didn’t want to be there and it was so awkward. My parents live 2 doors away and he stayed home but I think he may have slept at their house the first time. But during the day he was out at work and then at home just went to theirs at bedtime. I would definitely since his brother will stay at night.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List