Neither /don’t have a bbq 46 18.25%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t have a bbq.

My favourite is my sister’s - it’s nice to have someone hand me a plate of sausages and glass of wine in their garden on a sunny afternoon.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have both
Gas for oh it’s lovely ad hoc or use the gas as it might rain or the Egg
For well it’s a great forecast
I just want one that self cleans
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We love our barbecues and have them all the time even in winter if we can get away with it. We have both gas and charcoal but mainly use the gas one for ease.
I particularly like them because barbecues in my house are a man thing and it is the only meal I don’t cook.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

A true BBQ is a smoker, like a Weber Smokey Mountain or Big Green Egg. BBQ was introduced into USA by the slaves, who only had access to cheap tough cuts of meat and thus had to smoke the food, low and slow, in a pit. This is what you'll get if you go to a true BBQ restaurant.
The Americans will not call what is being described above as a BBQ. They'll call it, correctly, a grill.
The word BBQ is wrongly used by other countries including UK and Australia where a grill has become a barbecue and the food cooked on one as being barbecued food. It isn't.
A gas grill is an abomination.
Buy a real BBQ, the food is infinitely better.
Sorry to be a boring fart by the way, but I smoke ribs, brisket, pork shoulder etc and can't help myself :-)

Edited at 10:12 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Had a charcoal one but then we bought a gas one due to the convenience but much,much prefer the taste on charcoal - we’ve now gone back to a charcoal one.

We have a chimney system to heat the charcoal mega quickly.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Had both,with gas BBQ u may as well use kitchen oven, what's the point? Went back to charcoal last year and it's so much better flavour. And smokey!
Get a chimney to get the charcoal properly burning tho
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We have a couple of BBQs rusting away. One is a really expensive gas one our son bought before he moved out. We’ve never used it. I dislike BBQ food. Our son however has the full smoker kit and has done a number of Weber courses. His food tastes great but he buys big slabs of expensive meat and takes days getting it perfect - marinading, smoking slow cooking and we really couldn’t be bothered.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Charcoal all the way for us
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just seen Costco selling Weber Kettle Grill for 70 quid, very good price. These things last decades.

Edited at 12:22 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

Mobile

Charcoal tastes nicer but the gas is so much more convenient we BBQ everyday when we've the weather with the gas one, never managed that on the coal one we were always out of coals!
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List