Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Feb 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
layregula
Getting Excited

Mobile Pay

Hey,

New to dvc just bought them in November. How does everyone pay if not in America?

Do you have American bank account does this make the fees better? As my bank charge me a % for each payment for the exchange.
layregula is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Bank charges on foreign transfers always used to be the most expensive but supposedly getting better.

Have a look at Transferwise - though I'm paying to my own US bank account, if you are paying to a US account I would think it would work. There are fees but including them the exchange rate is usually pretty good

If you use this link you get a discount on your first transfer and I get £50 but you can also just go direct to transferwise.com
transferwise/invite/u/dianeg4

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a Halifax Clarity card which gives near perfect rates (on the day they receive the payment demand) and 0% fees.
We make sure to pay the full balance outstanding every month

Edit to say:
Congratulations and Welcome Home

Edited at 03:48 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Get either a Halifax or Post Office credit card. Then if you want you can pay all in one go, or log on every month and pay around one-twelfth in advance by selecting pay by contract, then entering the amount, press OK when it warns you there are no dues to pay, then it goes into credit for January next.
With the Post Office and Halifax credit cards, you get Mastercard exchange rate, which is near as damn it interbank (full) rate.
There is zero need to go to the bother to set up US bank accounts to pay dues or use a money transfer agency- assuming you can get a credit card.
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you want to set up an actual Direct Debit then it needs to be a US Bank Account. We used to just pay a lump sum when the dues were due but it is a "sore one" just after Xmas & historically the FX rate was always lower at that time of year. I just top up our Suntrust account when the rate is better using XE
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List