Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Mobile Sharks teeth/Casperson Beach

The plan is to stay at Sanibel Island for shelling and then to leave around midday to head to next destination of Weeki Wachee. I noticed that around Venice would be a good place to stop and maybe we could look for sharks teeth.
How likely are we to find any? With 4 kids and two autistic I wouldn’t want to get their hopes up unless it’s fairly likely. Is the time of day important? I’m guessing we would be in the area from 2pm to sunset.
Is there much else to do in that area? Nice family restaurants?
Thanks for any advice
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You can find plenty of Sharks teeth but there is a system. Google "how do I find shark teeth at caspersen" and some sites will come up, start reading. You can walk up and down the beach looking and you will find some but its hit or miss. Go onto google maps and look for Sharky's on the pier, that is where you need to be. There is a beach shop next to the beach and they will rent out Florida snow shovels for a couple of hours. Go down to the waterline and get knee deep and start sifting. There are toilets and showers available near to the shop. Sharky's is a bar selling all sorts of ice cold drinks, the restaurant has a very good menu. We go just about every year. PM me if you need more info.
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you, that’s really useful info

Think we will give. A go and maybe eat at Sharky’s as well

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
You can find plenty of Sharks teeth but there is a system. Google "how do I find shark teeth at caspersen" and some sites will come up, start reading. You can walk up and down the beach looking and you will find some but its hit or miss. Go onto google maps and look for Sharky's on the pier, that is where you need to be. There is a beach shop next to the beach and they will rent out Florida snow shovels for a couple of hours. Go down to the waterline and get knee deep and start sifting. There are toilets and showers available near to the shop. Sharky's is a bar selling all sorts of ice cold drinks, the restaurant has a very good menu. We go just about every year. PM me if you need more info.
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Last year we were staying up the coast and visited Boca Grande beach on a few occasions, we found loads.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jacko!
Trying for More Ears

We have been a few time now. Stop off at the pier and rent a Snow shovel. Within 10 mins of digging you will start to find them. My Son says it was his favourite part of the holiday.
jacko!  is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Sorry to jump on this thread, but would we find any now? Flying out tomorrow x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Depends in what beach you go to.
On Boca Grande we used our hands just at the waters edge.
The villa also had a shell basket but that thing just took the fun out of it as you scooped up loads of sand, shells and teeth in one go then sifted through. You actually get to the point that you start throwing away “rubbish” ones...
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We've been a couple of times - when the kids were small I secretly bought a few to make it easier and a guaranteed 'find'.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread, but would we find any now? Flying out tomorrow x
Yes, you will find them on any day.
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
We've been a couple of times - when the kids were small I secretly bought a few to make it easier and a guaranteed 'find'.
This is the kind of thing I would do. I know they have to learn how to take disappointment but little things like this can be magical for them!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List