Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by caj View Post
I watched the clip... and rather than listening ... I kept thinking 'hasn't Phil lost weight?'
I had been thinking this last week when I watched the show!
No wonder, if he knew he was near to coming out, the stress and sleepless nights must have been terrible.

I hope he can now be who he really is and hold his head high.
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Yes I noticed that too. And as camera stones on you then in real life he must be too thin (prob stress related ?) - he need a good pie
When I seen Phil last Feb he was actually not as thin as I thought he was, on tv today he looked gaunt and really has lost weight.
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Very difficult position to be in, on both sides. It was a brave thing to do, and yes perhaps it was done before the media twisted things, but fair play that was a huge undertaking. I also feel for his wife and family just as much, imagine being married for that amount of time and then something like this happens. No-one should have to ‘justify’ their lives or sexuality, I just hope that the media will keep their distance to give Philip and his wife/family time.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

His wife too may need to move on with her own life. If she’s known for a long time she may have her own life maybe now or want it too.

Edited at 09:44 PM.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a lovely warm post

I live in central London and get verbally abused very often - having support is invaluable x
How awful. I cannot understand why people think its ok to give someone abuse because of who they are. Its absolutely nobody else business who you love.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

The only person I feel sympathy for is his wife. No matter how long she has known this cannot be easy for her. Couldn't care less about Phil. He's a deeply unpleasant man no matter who he sleeps with.
TigerMom is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

What a lovely warm post

For work reasons I had to hide my sexuality and play straight for years else I would have been sacked then I came out and for a few years my line manager was interviewed about my “perversion “ - at that time I remember the group you mention publicly outing people (predominantly gay men) and it has never sat easy with me - coming out is a personal thing and no one should feel they “have too” until the time is right . One of my closest friend husband outed a famous actor back in the day and we often discuss why ? When I came out to sister she was relieved as has known I was gay before I did - I felt liberated then went forward and help set up and subsequently chair a growing LGBT focus group (and some of you know via my FB page ) - times have changed and your brother is so lucky to have such a strong supportive sister as you are . I live in central London and get verbally abused very often - having support is invaluable x
I find it so sad you are abused for being you xx
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread