Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Feb 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Really easy to do. Like others have said, just head towards the doors out to the carpark (near Starbucks) and they have a little stand and iPad there where they issue your pass. Then you're straight to your car as usual. Very simple and easy to use. We've done it twice now and I hope they roll it out permanently!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

There is a video on YouTube that shows exactly where it is, it looks easy enough to find
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would be pretty sure the date will extend. It did last year and was so easy to collect and return tag . I would highly recommend it
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I wish there was some way of getting this somewhere other than the airport. We dont get our car until week 2. Do you think we could pick one up at the airport when we land and then not use it until we get the car? Would that work or is there some sort of chip in it that means we would get charged for the tolls we go through when on the magic express? Sorry I feel like I'm asking a really obvious question but I'm totally clueless as we've never had a car before.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I wish there was some way of getting this somewhere other than the airport. We dont get our car until week 2. Do you think we could pick one up at the airport when we land and then not use it until we get the car? Would that work or is there some sort of chip in it that means we would get charged for the tolls we go through when on the magic express? Sorry I feel like I'm asking a really obvious question but I'm totally clueless as we've never had a car before.
Highly unlikely as the VTP tag is activated as you drive out of either garage at MCO

Mick
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Highly unlikely as the VTP tag is activated as you drive out of either garage at MCO

Mick
I had a feeling that might be the case 🙁🙁🙁
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Used last Sept. It is excellent. Shame we can’t use from SFB in May but look forward to using again in Sept.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WorldDrive View Post
Used last Sept. It is excellent. Shame we can’t use from SFB in May but look forward to using again in Sept.
Let's hope they extend the current pilot phase beyond 31 July

Mick
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsea1
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Just registered with UK email and worked a treat. Just need to book Discovery Cove and everything done - only problem is still over 100 days to wait - how am I going to keep myself occupied now!
chelsea1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List