Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jan 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Best time to go on Little Toot

Hi there

We are going in July this year and are planning on doing some different things we haven’t done before, like Little Toot in Clearwater.

My question is, is there a best time of day to aim to go on Little Toot, like do you see more dolphins in the morning usually or better in the late evening around sunset?

Also what else is there to do in Clearwater, any suggestions?

Tia.
Old 13 Jan 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following as we’re also going in July & going to Clearwater. I would suspect earlier as it’ll be way too hot in the afternoon for us anyway. We’re all fair skinned.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Phoolgrrrl
Apprentice Imagineer

Phoolgrrrl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've been morning afternoon and evening and seen dolphins every time!
The afternoon can be hot but there is shade on the boat.
The sunset cruise is lovely as on the way back in the sun is setting and the view is great.
Love little toot.
Phoolgrrrl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Phoolgrrrl View Post
We've been morning afternoon and evening and seen dolphins every time!
The afternoon can be hot but there is shade on the boat.
The sunset cruise is lovely as on the way back in the sun is setting and the view is great.
Love little toot.
Can I jump on this please? I really want to do little toot but DH isn't great on water. How choppy would you say it was the times you have been? I just need to manage his expectations 😂
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Could I just add-make sure you book. We did a day trip to Clearwater, arrived around 11am and it was fully booked all day.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Can I jump on this please? I really want to do little toot but DH isn't great on water. How choppy would you say it was the times you have been? I just need to manage his expectations 😂
Been on little toot a few times now and with decent weather it is not choppy at all. He will be fine and love it

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoman88 View Post
Hi there

We are going in July this year and are planning on doing some different things we haven’t done before, like Little Toot in Clearwater.

My question is, is there a best time of day to aim to go on Little Toot, like do you see more dolphins in the morning usually or better in the late evening around sunset?

Also what else is there to do in Clearwater, any suggestions?

Tia.
Not sure there is a best time. We have seen dolphins at different times. Would tend to favour the morning but that’s not based on a lot other than heat ! Have fun

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I think morning is better however once you’re on the water it’s cooler. Just make sure you cover up and put on lots of suntan lotion , as you don’t feel that you’re burning. Prefer little toot to the screamer as it’s more personal. 😊
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Marthamouse
Earning More Ears

We went late morning and saw lots of dolphins but there's probably not a best time as such. It wasn't choppy at all, I felt fine and I'm pretty sensitive to motion sickness! A really lovely trip but definitely book it as all the trips were full up early on.
Marthamouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List