Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Really need to sit down and work things out when she gets her final maintenance loan payment. The Newcastle accommodation payments take forever to claim back from NHS bursary🙁
It really should be simpler, it must mean a lot of students drop out due to not having the money or time to wait for the bursary to be paid 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Thanks so much DisneyDaff for the reminder, to be honest I had totally forgot!
Ben has now secured his accommodation for next year, he has found a nice flat with 2 boys from his History course. He has to pay 5 weeks rent and security deposit in July! lots of money to find!

Mel\DisneyDaff - I do hope both your sons continue to be okay and safe where they are, sounds like all precautions have been taken although it must be a worry for you both.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben has now secured his accommodation for next year, he has found a nice flat with 2 boys from his History course. He has to pay 5 weeks rent and security deposit in July! lots of money to find!

Mel\DisneyDaff - I do hope both your sons continue to be okay and safe where they are, sounds like all precautions have been taken although it must be a worry for you both.
I’m pleased Ben has sorted his accommodation out too. Two of the three girls Georgia are moving in with are studying the same course as she is too. It’s where she’s made most of her friends.

There has only been 16 cases in Vietnam and only 2 of these in the city our son lives in so it’s not a major issue there (any more so than many countries anyway) and the precautions seem to very good there, but I guess we always worry a bit as he’s so far from home 😔
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post

Thank you ! Good to hear Ben is sorted for next year!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Minor irritation student finance website been down all weekend. Incase anyone else was planning on submitting any info today.
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Minor irritation student finance website been down all weekend. Incase anyone else was planning on submitting any info today.
That’s annoying, they open up for applications then it goes down 😔 Still not open here in Wales yet. If I remember rightly, it was early March last year here
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked dates:

Student finance for 2020/21
The deadline for submitting applications is normally 25 May for new students (and 22 June for continuing students).
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Molly's application for her 2nd year is done and dusted, letter came through with loan amounts for next year so she is sorted.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Molly's application for her 2nd year is done and dusted, letter came through with loan amounts for next year so she is sorted.
That was quick 😀 I know I panicked last year as it’s later opening in Wales, but it was all sorted very quickly
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Dds will take slightly longer because she doesn't have a valid passport. So we have to fill a form in and get signed to verify her birth certificate which I have to send to them. It would have prob been easier to just pay for a new passport for her.