Old 20 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
We've ended up with two evenings in a row at MK too. We're going to do the Halloween party on Friday 21st but it is our tradition to spend our last evening in MK and that is Saturday. I did consult the girls but it was the majority opinion that we should still do MK on Saturday anyway. I just prefer when things are more evenly spead out!

I'm like you in that I will be upset if the castle is covered by a scrim but I'm certainly not cancelling my holiday over it. I guess the thing that annoys me the most is that Disney actively encourage early booking and planning then announce things like this with very little notice even though they must have known months ago.
Hmm, given that part of my plan is a 'last minute surprise' we're going to mnsshp I can't really consult on the idea now as that would sort of give away that it's not really last minute. It would also invite some questions as to the cost of the tickets, which I'm hoping will be glossed over with the whole ' last minute surprise' part of the plan.

I've read that the make over of the castle is going to be done as discreetly as possible and that it's hoped photos won't be affected too much. You are right it's naughty of them not to have told us that it's happening in advance, of course they will have known about the makeover for months if not years. Surely it's part of their big plans for the 50th and therefore, they chose not to pass the information on to us as paying guests. That is naughty, but perhaps it's to be expected. They would not want to have had to deal with the outcry from us all in advance better to just say it's happening...tomorrow and then we all just have to suck it up.

I keep hoping that the front of Epcot will be largely done by the time we get there in August as that seems fairly major. I also have been looking out for when spaceship earth is closing for its refurb. I thought it would be closed last summer, as that announcement seems to have been out there for ages, but in the end we got to ride it loads of times.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hmm, given that part of my plan is a 'last minute surprise' we're going to mnsshp I can't really consult on the idea now as that would sort of give away that it's not really last minute. It would also invite some questions as to the cost of the tickets, which I'm hoping will be glossed over with the whole ' last minute surprise' part of the plan.

I've read that the make over of the castle is going to be done as discreetly as possible and that it's hoped photos won't be affected too much. You are right it's naughty of them not to have told us that it's happening in advance, of course they will have known about the makeover for months if not years. Surely it's part of their big plans for the 50th and therefore, they chose not to pass the information on to us as paying guests. That is naughty, but perhaps it's to be expected. They would not want to have had to deal with the outcry from us all in advance better to just say it's happening...tomorrow and then we all just have to suck it up.

I keep hoping that the front of Epcot will be largely done by the time we get there in August as that seems fairly major. I also have been looking out for when spaceship earth is closing for its refurb. I thought it would be closed last summer, as that announcement seems to have been out there for ages, but in the end we got to ride it loads of times.
The highlighted bit made me laugh, you sound so like me Abby, I do that to detract from the cost questions too When did they release the dates for the parties last year? Might be able to give you an idea when they'll be released this year.

I think you may be right, they will have known for a long time. Seems like the whole CBR issue again, although that was much more disruptive than this is really. Hopefully it won't impact too much.

I think it's strange we haven't heard much more about Spaceship Earth too. Have you seen Regal Eagle has now opened in Epcot, I think Chris would enjoy the food there so will have to try and squeeze it in I think x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

We are only on QSDP but the system has been playing up I can't imagine how annoying it is for people on the DDP.
I also can't believe that there is another block out date for a corporate event when people have paid good money for their holidays... I will be gutted that this will be our last holiday to Disney for a while but also looking forward to it. It is becoming a lot of money to pay for stress , last minute changes and reduced park opening.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes consulting now might just give things away!

It's good news that the castle is going to be done discreetly. Hopefully we won't notice too much going on during the daytime, it would be a shame if we couldn't get a nice pic in front of the castle although saying that the castle pics haven't been my favourites on either of our previous trips.

Epcot looks like it is a total mess at the moment but sadly I don't think that is likely to change before we get there. I had read early this year for Spaceship Earth closing but now that seems to have been delayed so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm also keen to know what is going to happen with the FP tiers once Rat opens.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The highlighted bit made me laugh, you sound so like me Abby, I do that to detract from the cost questions too When did they release the dates for the parties last year? Might be able to give you an idea when they'll be released this year.

I think you may be right, they will have known for a long time. Seems like the whole CBR issue again, although that was much more disruptive than this is really. Hopefully it won't impact too much.

I think it's strange we haven't heard much more about Spaceship Earth too. Have you seen Regal Eagle has now opened in Epcot, I think Chris would enjoy the food there so will have to try and squeeze it in I think x
I did think you'd all find it funny. My plan of just somehow coming across some tickets as if by accident or Disney magic does rather go out the window if I start asking if they want to do 2 MK days in a row. Of course, if I were to talk planning with them today then by tomorrow they would have forgotten it all so actually that worry is kinda redundant! I'm only half joking, all my Disney talk seems to go in one ear and out the other.

I saw a review of Regal Eagle, it looks yummy, it's definitely on my list. I know you're not a massive BBQ fan, but there is loads of choice around world showcase so you should be fine.

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We are only on QSDP but the system has been playing up I can't imagine how annoying it is for people on the DDP.
I also can't believe that there is another block out date for a corporate event when people have paid good money for their holidays... I will be gutted that this will be our last holiday to Disney for a while but also looking forward to it. It is becoming a lot of money to pay for stress , last minute changes and reduced park opening.
we should find out next week when Disney announce the official party dates. I'm not really hopeful about the Saturday being a party night now as I took a peak at ticket websites and no one is selling this as a party ticket and surely they are in the know re what are party dates. I can't believe they are just selling tickets hoping they get allocated tickets from Disney

Yes consulting now might just give things away!

It's good news that the castle is going to be done discreetly. Hopefully we won't notice too much going on during the daytime, it would be a shame if we couldn't get a nice pic in front of the castle although saying that the castle pics haven't been my favourites on either of our previous trips.

Epcot looks like it is a total mess at the moment but sadly I don't think that is likely to change before we get there. I had read early this year for Spaceship Earth closing but now that seems to have been delayed so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm also keen to know what is going to happen with the FP tiers once Rat opens.
I'm now thinking it would be sort of funny if one half was painted and the other half not...you know like when you're decorating a room and you take photos half way through. I'm now thinking having a photo of a brilliant right half of the castle with gleaming gold tips and then the left half is just standard will be awesome. I'm sure they won't do it like that, it's never going to happen, but it tickled me to think of it. Plus of course, I'm lucky that we have multiple castle photos and there's no way this year will be our last chance to get a castle photo.

Ratatouille will bring another layer of complexity, Kate and me have done it in Paris but the boys haven't. Max hates the simulators at universal so I'm hoping he won't count it as a SIM ride as it's sort of not. Will it even open by summer? I guess it's another one we will have to wait and see.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

yeah asking for their input could peak there interests, I'd just go for it. Who doesn't want 2 nights in MK? You could have the EEH the night before then have a really lazy morning/afternoon, then head to MK on the evening for the party. You could just say to them you have an ADR at the GF then walk towards MK and scan all the party tickets Ooo I'm so excited to find out what your gonna do X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
yeah asking for their input could peak there interests, I'd just go for it. Who doesn't want 2 nights in MK? You could have the EEH the night before then have a really lazy morning/afternoon, then head to MK on the evening for the party. You could just say to them you have an ADR at the GF then walk towards MK and scan all the party tickets Ooo I'm so excited to find out what your gonna do X
Ha ha that sounds like a great plan. I'm now thinking that the opening night might be better for us as then we would have longer to eat all the candy, remember we won't have cases so we are NOT bringing it all home. So, I'm going to fiddle around with the plan. It's never finished is it? I'm always thinking of ways to tweak it.

None of them know about the Boardwalk or AKL stays. Dave of course knows the dates as he has had to request leave, but he hasn't bothered asking about where we are staying. I think they have all assumed we are at CBR for the whole time. It will end up being a trip full of surprises for them.

Old 21 Feb 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I did think you'd all find it funny. My plan of just somehow coming across some tickets as if by accident or Disney magic does rather go out the window if I start asking if they want to do 2 MK days in a row. Of course, if I were to talk planning with them today then by tomorrow they would have forgotten it all so actually that worry is kinda redundant! I'm only half joking, all my Disney talk seems to go in one ear and out the other.

I saw a review of Regal Eagle, it looks yummy, it's definitely on my list. I know you're not a massive BBQ fan, but there is loads of choice around world showcase so you should be fine.

we should find out next week when Disney announce the official party dates. I'm not really hopeful about the Saturday being a party night now as I took a peak at ticket websites and no one is selling this as a party ticket and surely they are in the know re what are party dates. I can't believe they are just selling tickets hoping they get allocated tickets from Disney

I'm now thinking it would be sort of funny if one half was painted and the other half not...you know like when you're decorating a room and you take photos half way through. I'm now thinking having a photo of a brilliant right half of the castle with gleaming gold tips and then the left half is just standard will be awesome. I'm sure they won't do it like that, it's never going to happen, but it tickled me to think of it. Plus of course, I'm lucky that we have multiple castle photos and there's no way this year will be our last chance to get a castle photo.

Ratatouille will bring another layer of complexity, Kate and me have done it in Paris but the boys haven't. Max hates the simulators at universal so I'm hoping he won't count it as a SIM ride as it's sort of not. Will it even open by summer? I guess it's another one we will have to wait and see.
I can just imagine now what it will look like with one half all fresh and new and one half dirty and old.

Robyn and Hattie have both done Ratatouille on school trips to Paris but the rest of us haven't. We are quite nearby at beach club so if we get lucky any day and find an extra FP for it we could just walk over and use it. I'm hoping that if they add Rat to tier one, then they will move at least one of the current 3 rides to tier 2 especially if SE is closed by then. There is already not much worth FPing in tier 2 and losing SE will make that worse.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I can just imagine now what it will look like with one half all fresh and new and one half dirty and old.

Robyn and Hattie have both done Ratatouille on school trips to Paris but the rest of us haven't. We are quite nearby at beach club so if we get lucky any day and find an extra FP for it we could just walk over and use it. I'm hoping that if they add Rat to tier one, then they will move at least one of the current 3 rides to tier 2 especially if SE is closed by then. There is already not much worth FPing in tier 2 and losing SE will make that worse.
The idea of just popping into Epcot is fab. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up 4th FP for later in the day and nip in just to do them. Hmm, the tiering at Epcot may need a freshen up. It's all rather complicated at the moment. Maybe it always has been complicated but it feels more so this year.

Old 22 Feb 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A planners work is never done At least it gives you an excuse to look over your plan and tweak it! Do you know when then party dates are officially being released? I was hoping to keep an eye out on the dates.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List