Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Jul 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cpjw View Post
Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer. It wasn’t the fault of Publix - I’m backing up your advice not to order alcohol due to Disney. I did point out to the cast member how expensive GG had become and he said that’s market conditions - they are so good and used by so many people that they can charge what they want! The other thing to note was that my delivery driver sent me a message upon delivering to say that she had been told at Saratoga that she had to leave it at front desk (I assume she meant that she would have delivered direct to my room).
Sounds like SSR isn't being accommodating at all.
I agree Garden Grocer is good, but uplifting grocery prices by 50% is ridiculous. I noticed no difference between GG and Instacart at all, save 50% saving, and I've always used GG in the past.
I'm not sure about this sending driving license in business with GG as I read someone had an order refused.
Disney had definately tightened this up, there used to be no alcohol issues at all. Wonder if there was an incident with alcohol being delivered to minors?
I just think it's a risk I won't now take. With the circa $100 I saved on the shopping, I'd go to the Disney shop for a 12 pack or bottle of wine as a last resort, or Uber to the gas station. Or at Boardwalk or Beach Club just hop over to the Speedway- that is the best solution if you are there.
Old 23 Jul 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

The other way would be to meet the delivery person, in person, in the foyer, but flexibility might be a problem.

The cast member gave me a great talk on how Instacart were awful and Garden Grocer were great. I asked if were to re-order my groceries, if front desk could call me and I would come down to accept the delivery but was told no, they would just refuse the delivery.
I'm wondering if this was that particular cast member and not corporate instructions? I would be tempted to ask another cast member, it sounds like this person has a bit of a gripe.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you so much. That is brilliant, don’t think that DH can argue that it’s too far.
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

I've contacted Instacart direct and they are sending a feature request to the dev team to support International phone numbers.

They also suggested adding the phone number to the order address notes so that the shopper/driver can contact us when onsite.

We used GG at SSR in 2016, and submitted DL to allow for alcohol delivery and storage. It worked well, but they are more expensive and have less variety so we'll try Instacart next time.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Thank you so much. That is brilliant, don’t think that DH can argue that it’s too far.
No when I got back even my wife said 'That was quick'.
Old 19 Sep 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just adding to this thread...

I ordered my groceries for delivery on Sunday when I arrive. I used this promo code that gives $20 off DDO1661C6

Hope thats useful for someone!
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

Just read through this thread with interest.

We were looking to use GG for a delivery when we stay at OKW, but reading this thread has me wondering if instacart would be better.
I have a basket saved at GG and now a similar one saved with instacart...instacart is over $40 cheaper.The downside...though not the fault of instacart...is the alcohol issue.We would definitely want alcohol in any order.Cannot manage long days in parks without a beer when I get back.Is the best option not just to place the order when you’ve arrived and make sure you’re in the hotel lobby a little before your order arrives.To be honest I’d be furious with Disney if they refused my paid for order.Maybe when the time arrives I should email them and let them know I will be having an order delivered with booze included and I am well over 21.
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beccas Dad View Post
Just read through this thread with interest.

We were looking to use GG for a delivery when we stay at OKW, but reading this thread has me wondering if instacart would be better.
I have a basket saved at GG and now a similar one saved with instacart...instacart is over $40 cheaper.The downside...though not the fault of instacart...is the alcohol issue.We would definitely want alcohol in any order.Cannot manage long days in parks without a beer when I get back.Is the best option not just to place the order when you’ve arrived and make sure you’re in the hotel lobby a little before your order arrives.To be honest I’d be furious with Disney if they refused my paid for order.Maybe when the time arrives I should email them and let them know I will be having an order delivered with booze included and I am well over 21.
What you could do is select a slot a few hours hence when you have your luggage and are heading to DME in airport, then you should definitely be there in time.
Problem is it is so inconsistent, someone on another thread reported they told them to accept alcohol and they did, putting it in their fridge for them!
The other alternative is go to Boardwalk or Disney Springs (or when passing near) and go to the Speedway at either.
Old 18 Oct 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Has anyone else managed to order using a UK credit card?
Keeps declining?

Despite using Yorkshire T tip
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds like the card Handriks? Numerous people on here have used it with U.K. cards ( other threads) no issue? What card are you trying?