Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
First time cruiser and excited to experience cruising the Disney way. Im from Ireland and I go to Disneyland California every June, 2019 was my 10th visit. Ive also been to Disneyland Paris 3 times and Walt Disney World once, many many years ago. I decided it was time to try a new Disney experience

Even though the cruise is still over a year away, Im watching all the YouTube videos, and reading blogs and forums, gathering as much info as I can.

Hopefully I find find some cruise mates here over the next year to share planning tips.
Is it the 5 day one? I am on that one Have you joined the FB page for it?
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
Is it the 5 day one? I am on that one Have you joined the FB page for it?
Yes the 5 day cruise from Dover, ports are Amsterdam, Zeebrugge / Bruges and Le Harve.

I got kicked out of the Facebook group, the admins of the "official" group had issues with me and removed me. There is a certain clique in Facebook cruise groups who try to control everything and basically if they take a dislike to you, then bye bye, the kick you out.

Thats why I made the thread here and on other forums, so that I could still connect with my cruisemates.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Yes the 5 day cruise from Dover, ports are Amsterdam, Zeebrugge / Bruges and Le Harve.

I got kicked out of the Facebook group, the admins of the "official" group had issues with me and removed me. There is a certain clique in Facebook cruise groups who try to control everything and basically if they take a dislike to you, then bye bye, the kick you out.

Thats why I made the thread here and on other forums, so that I could still connect with my cruisemates.
Oh dear! I loved ours (one set up from the Disney Cruise Fans and Addicts page) and met up with several members at DLP before the cruise, as well as on the cruise itself.

Hope you meet up with some Dibbers.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Deb Explores
New Poster (4)

Hi! I used to work in the Dining Room on the Disney Magic so if I can help in any way ask away

I'm going to be posting up some videos on my med and baltic cruises after the Caribbean What cruise are you doing? So excited for you! They have some wonderful ports on their european cruises!
Deb Explores is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Deb Explores View Post
Hi! I used to work in the Dining Room on the Disney Magic so if I can help in any way ask away

I'm going to be posting up some videos on my med and baltic cruises after the Caribbean What cruise are you doing? So excited for you! They have some wonderful ports on their european cruises!
oh wow, waves hi.

My cruise is still over a year away, the ports are Amsterdam, Zeebrugge / Bruges and Le Harve.

My main question right now is we have an overnight in Le Harve. There isnt that much info around about the Opening Seating at overnight ports. From reading the summer 2019 trip reports, its Land and Sea menu in Rapunzel's and Lumiere's. Animators is closed.
  1. Any info of how Opening Seating works would be great.
  2. Would it be easy to get a window table on the Opening Seating night
  3. Which restaurant would you choose on Opening Seating night
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
oh wow, waves hi.

My cruise is still over a year away, the ports are Amsterdam, Zeebrugge / Bruges and Le Harve.

My main question right now is we have an overnight in Le Harve. There isnt that much info around about the Opening Seating at overnight ports. From reading the summer 2019 trip reports, its Land and Sea menu in Rapunzel's and Lumiere's. Animators is closed.
  1. Any info of how Opening Seating works would be great.
  2. Would it be easy to get a window table on the Opening Seating night
  3. Which restaurant would you choose on Opening Seating night
What is Opening Seating?
DCL don't often do overnighters so ensure you are referring to like for like cruises when you check Navigators or reports. This cruise is also a first for DCL so who knows what they'll do.

Even if you sit by a window to eat, you can't really see anything due to the light in the restaurant.

Joa
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

We were on the Dream on the 19th August. She is beautiful but the Magic is our favourite ship.

We are joining the Magic on the 13th September for the Transatlantic and back to back to Bermuda. 15 days on board and cant wait.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Majik View Post
We were on the Dream on the 19th August. She is beautiful but the Magic is our favourite ship.

We are joining the Magic on the 13th September for the Transatlantic and back to back to Bermuda. 15 days on board and cant wait.
If you don't have a favourite dining room team, ask for Graziela Anjos (Brazil) to be part of it. She is awesome (as they all are), but she's our friend too. Taking her for lunch on Sunday when the Magic docks in Dover, can't wait!
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I often wonder how our servers are getting on. We had Nikola and Amphie who were lovely.

One night there was a power cut during our meal in Animator’s Palate! That must have been a headache to deal with.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
If you don't have a favourite dining room team, ask for Graziela Anjos (Brazil) to be part of it. She is awesome (as they all are), but she's our friend too. Taking her for lunch on Sunday when the Magic docks in Dover, can't wait!
That is good to hear.

Thank you

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List