Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Run Disneyland Trip - Travel day 1

For link to pre-trip report see here https://DIBB.in/14048922

I didn't get very far with the pre-trip report because life took over but we decided to get the train to London the day before an early start on the Direct Eurostar to Marne La Vallee.

We had a LOT of luggage because we were away for a week and because we had to carry running gear however my mum gave us a lift up to Birmingham New Street and we got there in good time and loaded onto the train.

We had pre-reserved seats and soon settled in for a relaxing journey down to Euston. Well almost relaxing apart from when Joseph managed to get himself stuck in a door trying to go to the toilet - it always happens to him!

We always stay at Premier Inn Kings Cross before catching the Eurostar, it is extremely convenient as it is only a 5 minutes walk away and it has a decent restaurant Bar and Block and a Costa on site.

Because of the weight of our bags we decided to walk to the Premier Inn along the Euston Road in preference of getting them on and off the tube. The walk took about 10 minutes and I do think it is probably easier than the tube especially in dry weather.

We were early for check in so we used the luggage room and decided to head off over to The Natural History Museum, I home educate the children so wanted to go and do something educational with the day. Joe was a bit perplexed because his aim for the day was to see the M&M store!

I'd made the kids a packed lunch and they ate it outside the museum along with loads of kids on school trips!

We had a good hour or so in the museum (much less crowded than the weekends we've visited before) before heading over to Leicester Square to the M&M and Lego Store.

Joe was a bit flakey by the time we got to Leicester Square so we headed back to the hotel and I deposited the kids and sorted the baggage then headed over to the shops at Kings Cross in search of some bubble bath, calpol and water.

By the time I got back Joe was slightly perkier, he never travels very well!

He dosed up on calpol and we headed to the Bar and Block for the meal deal dinner.

Any cricket fans out there? we were sure Jonny Bairstow was there I was desperate to take a pic, do the fan selfie thing but my boring kids wouldn't let me !

Anyway Phoebe had a kids meal of pasta and ice cream, Joe and I shared a calamari he followed with a cheese burger and I had a delicious turf and surf burger and we then shared a pavlova for pudding.

All fed and watered we headed back to the room for bubble baths and an earlyish night!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List